The Student Room Group

Why have only ugly guys body shamed me (small breasts)?

And yes, I know calling someone else 'ugly' is not exactly kind, but I'm not affording guys who insult me much compassion to be honest!

I've always been a small build, with small boobs, tiny waist and some hips/butt. Recently I've lost a stone so I'm pretty noticeably skinny.

Anyway....it was a super hot day, so I decided to go braless with my summer dress. Little did I know that an overweight, freckled guy (about 15) would randomly start shouting over to me: 'pancake, pancake', then when I turned around to look back, shouted it again.

Like literally, what was the point? And especially when he's a pug-faced, chubby little runt. I've never been insulted by an attractive guy - i.e. tall, broad-shouldered, gym-going, handsome - who lots of women like. At least, not yet - some of those guys have actually asked me out...

I am baffled to be honest.

Scroll to see replies

He's insecure and lashing out, like you are now.
Reply 2
He just wants to have someone to lord over I guess, since he's so insecure. I'm a guy, and I wouldn't care about someone with a flat chest. I certainly wouldn't shout it at someone. He must have a screw loose to actually do that in public tho. Just ignore him, he's not worth the light of day.
Reply 3
Original post by StriderHort
He's insecure and lashing out, like you are now.

Yes, but I'm lashing out online, and after I've been publicly insulted..
Seems like it's bothering you, but you're trying to justify why it isn't. As you said, good looking guys haven't shamed you for it (sort of generalising, but I guess patterns can be assumed), so what is there to worry about? It's fine to feel self-conscious about it, but considering he's not getting much action, you don't need to devote your attention to him :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
He just wants to have someone to lord over I guess, since he's so insecure. I'm a guy, and I wouldn't care about someone with a flat chest. I certainly wouldn't shout it at someone. He must have a screw loose to actually do that in public tho. Just ignore him, he's not worth the light of day.

I know - it just baffles me that someone like him thinks his opinion of some random stranger is so important, that he needs to share it with her! Not that it matters, but I'm not even 100% flat chested like a man - I'm just very small, in part because I am very thin at the moment, hardly any body fat.
Reply 6
I know - it just baffles me that someone like him thinks his opinion of some random stranger is so important, that he needs to share it with her! Not that it matters, but I'm not even 100% flat chested like a man - I'm just very small, in part because I am very thin at the moment, hardly any body fat.

It shouldn't matter if you was completely flat, or had huge ones, he is being indecent as a human being by just shouting it out there! Who does he think he is? He's probably never gonna get a gf if he acts like this so really it's to his detriment, just laugh at him (on the inside at least), because he's the one giving himself lower chances. Heck, he might even be jealous of you cause you're not overweight, but he's really bad at expressing himself. Who knows?
Reply 7
It shouldn't matter if you was completely flat, or had huge ones, he is being indecent as a human being by just shouting it out there! Who does he think he is? He's probably never gonna get a gf if he acts like this so really it's to his detriment, just laugh at him (on the inside at least), because he's the one giving himself lower chances. Heck, he might even be jealous of you cause you're not overweight, but he's really bad at expressing himself. Who knows?

Oh it's for sure completely rude to shout your opinion of someone's appearance in public, or anywhere for that matter. It was the audacity of it that annoyed me. I was also genuinely confused why conventionally attractive/hot guys have never done this to me, so I thought I'd ask a bunch of (mostly) teenage guys/young men if they had any idea
Reply 8
His immature and unpleasant behaviour is nothing to be concerned about, best to rise above it and have faith in yourself. Mind you the excellent rejoinder of, ‘**** off you pug faced, tubby little runt’ must be quite tempting
Reply 9
Oh it's for sure completely rude to shout your opinion of someone's appearance in public, or anywhere for that matter. It was the audacity of it that annoyed me. I was also genuinely confused why conventionally attractive/hot guys have never done this to me, so I thought I'd ask a bunch of (mostly) teenage guys/young men if they had any idea

Well you came to the right place! Hot guys wouldn't care, unless they were malicious scumbags, they tend to have better work ethic and stuff. But even if they don't they'll just see you as below them or just not really notice you. They wouldn't do anything about you.

Original post by Zarek
His immature and unpleasant behaviour is nothing to be concerned about, best to rise above it and have faith in yourself. Mind you the excellent Yup, rejoinder of, ‘**** off you pug faced, tubby little runt’ must be quite tempting

And I must say, I completely agree with this guy/gal
Yes, but I'm lashing out online, and after I've been publicly insulted..

Well it's the same logic, because someone made you feel bad about you appearance. Tempting as it is to snap back you just reinforce the mindset that attacking appearance is valid.
Reply 11
Original post by Zarek
His immature and unpleasant behaviour is nothing to be concerned about, best to rise above it and have faith in yourself. Mind you the excellent rejoinder of, ‘**** off you pug faced, tubby little runt’ must be quite tempting

You think it's excellent? Why thank you, haha. It's true tbf....I'm just waiting for a gym rat with a supermodel jawline guy to insult me next!
Reply 12
Well you came to the right place! Hot guys wouldn't care, unless they were malicious scumbags, they tend to have better work ethic and stuff. But even if they don't they'll just see you as below them or just not really notice you. They wouldn't do anything about you.

And I must say, I completely agree with this guy/gal

So you believe that hot guys will think I am "below them" just because I have small boobs?
I'm sure you look great. Of course there are ways for you to improve your confidence, such as the gym.

Trust me, I used to have absolutely 0 self confidence, i hated everything about myself and would get picked on for how i looked, getting called ugly, and eww, etc.

Fast forward a few years, I've taken more pride in myself, regularly go to the gym, skin care routine and I have changed the way I think about myself. These little steps can go a far way. Now with going to the gym and the time I have gone, I am in better shape than most people my age, and get a few compliments too on my appearance.

The best way to view it, is realise that your time on this planet is finite. You need to make the most of what you have. Feeling down about how you look sucks, however, completely disregard the negative criticism what people give you, especially considering the boy was overweight. He was probably jealous and insecure himself.

My advice to you is change the way you view yourself. It sounds difficult now, but trust me, taking those little steps will go a far way. One of the ways which will massively improve the way you view yourself is a gym membership. Yes it sounds scary at first, with not having an idea on what to do, but that is where youtube will help.

If you get a routine set up for the gym, which you can find plenty of ones online, and that you regularly go, along with eating properly, you will start to notice differences emotionally and physically.

Trust me, I'm sure you're not ugly, ignore the haters. I was one of the hated once, now I feel great and confident with my appearance
No no. Either they won't care at all, will have their own girlfriends, or if they're more like horny scumbags, then will think you're not worthy of them. Maybe, I don't know. But I don't think any will call you out on it. Only this guy who is insecure snapped or something. He is straaange to have done that in public.

But whatever the case, you are not below them just because of that!!! I am sure you are a great looking person, no matter what some runt says!
Original post by a07164
I'm sure you look great. Of course there are ways for you to improve your confidence, such as the gym.

Trust me, I used to have absolutely 0 self confidence, i hated everything about myself and would get picked on for how i looked, getting called ugly, and eww, etc.

Fast forward a few years, I've taken more pride in myself, regularly go to the gym, skin care routine and I have changed the way I think about myself. These little steps can go a far way. Now with going to the gym and the time I have gone, I am in better shape than most people my age, and get a few compliments too on my appearance.

The best way to view it, is realise that your time on this planet is finite. You need to make the most of what you have. Feeling down about how you look sucks, however, completely disregard the negative criticism what people give you, especially considering the boy was overweight. He was probably jealous and insecure himself.

My advice to you is change the way you view yourself. It sounds difficult now, but trust me, taking those little steps will go a far way. One of the ways which will massively improve the way you view yourself is a gym membership. Yes it sounds scary at first, with not having an idea on what to do, but that is where youtube will help.

If you get a routine set up for the gym, which you can find plenty of ones online, and that you regularly go, along with eating properly, you will start to notice differences emotionally and physically.

Trust me, I'm sure you're not ugly, ignore the haters. I was one of the hated once, now I feel great and confident with my appearance

I also completely agree with this guy! (sorry if it seemed like my last sentence is a copy of your first one @a07164, I wrote it before updating the thread, so I didn't copy it trust me)
Reply 16
Original post by a07164
Now with going to the gym and the time I have gone, I am in better shape than most people my age, and get a few compliments too on my appearance.

Thanks for your kind response. I'm not out of shape - I'm actually too thin, because I've always been very weight conscious, and recently I've not been eating enough. I sometimes prefer to be a bit underweight and small bust, than to be a healthy weight with a fairly big butt and still small Ts. Haha.

People are so fake nowadays, having fillers/hair extensions/editing images etc etc, that I do consider breast surgery a lot. Girls with naturally big boobs have other flaws that they cheat with - like getting "body sculpting" to fix a straight waist/hip area, or wearing push up bras to appear more perky. So I don't see why I can't give myself a little helping hand too.
Reply 17
No no. Either they won't care at all, will have their own girlfriends, or if they're more like horny scumbags, then will think you're not worthy of them. Maybe, I don't know. But I don't think any will call you out on it. Only this guy who is insecure snapped or something. He is straaange to have done that in public.

But whatever the case, you are not below them just because of that!!! I am sure you are a great looking person, no matter what some runt says!

Hm ok. The runt was chubby and ugly (well, not conventionally handsome, if I'm going to be polite here). 'Chad' types, or closer to that at least, have messaged me on IG/approached me before. Are you a guy or a girl, just out of interest? Some men who are obsessed with large t!ts might think I'm "beneath" them, sure....But then, I might not find them handsome either.
So you believe that hot guys will think I am "below them" just because I have small boobs?

It's not so much much the specific attribute, but unless you ate specif
Hmm? Oh, I'm a guy - 16.
I need to say, all of my speculations are just that. But they're based off of common sense, so even if I have no romantic experience, or know what these guys are thinking, I'm somewhere in the ballpark I think. And yeah exactly. Chads sometimes look way too much in my opinion for someone who wants a quiet life. Now that's just my opinion.
Hm ok. The runt was chubby and ugly (well, not conventionally handsome, if I'm going to be polite here). 'Chad' types, or closer to that at least, have messaged me on IG/approached me before. Are you a guy or a girl, just out of interest? Some men who are obsessed with large t!ts might think I'm "beneath" them, sure....But then, I might not find them handsome either.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending