The Student Room Group

Breast issues

I have
Reply 1
My boobs are so huge causing me to with a lot of back pain I'm only in my 20's and do what kids in the future are their any tip you can give to help me relive my pain
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous #1
My boobs are so huge causing me to with a lot of back pain I'm only in my 20's and do what kids in the future are their any tip you can give to help me relive my pain

Have you spoken to your GP about this?
Reply 3
Original post by martin7
Have you spoken to your GP about this?

Yes they offered for me to have a breast reduction but I want kids in the future so I would have to wait after I have kids
Reply 4
Yes they offered for me to have a breast reduction but I want kids in the future so I would have to wait after I have kids

Have you discussed with your GP whether there are any measures you can take to help with the pain, or to try to prevent it?

There might be specific things you can do to strengthen the relevant muscles; or to change your posture.

Other things: Do some research to see if there's a relevant support organisation (if you'll excuse the pun) that you can contact; you're probably not the only person having this problem.

Perhaps also see if you can find somewhere that can do a proper bra fitting -- I've seen articles in newspapers and online over the years which say that a high proportion of women wear bras that are the wrong size. Getting suitably supportive bras in the right size could also help if you haven't tried that already.
Reply 5

If you are planning to have children and are intending to breastfeed them waiting for a breast reduction is recommended. See some information below.

Should you get a breast reduction before or after breastfeeding....
It is generally best to wait a minimum of 3 months after completion of breast feeding, but preferably 6 months, in order to allow the breasts to shrink back down to their normal size. It is also very important that try to get back to your pre-pregnancy weight before having the surgery.

Can breast surgery affect breastfeeding....
Breast Augmentation, lift, and reduction: Breast implants below the muscle usually affect milk production less than implants above the muscle. Incisions around the areola and surgical techniques that include completely detaching the areolae and nipples are more likely to cause reductions in milk production.

Will pregnancy ruin breast reduction....
While the specific impact of pregnancy on your breast reduction results cannot be predicted, many women remain completely satisfied with their surgical results after childbirth. For patients who experience unwanted effects that they would like to address, breast lift surgery may be a recommended option.

Quick Reply

Latest