The Student Room Group

Boobs, Lingerie & Bra Questions Thread (Continued)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
blinkbelle
I can't answer your question, but just thought you'd like to know when you go up a back size you're supposed to go down a cup size. For example, a 34D = 36C.

Measure your backsize and see what it is for yourself. Then try a AA or A cup to see how it feels/fits and decide for yourself.

What dress size are you? If you don't mind me asking..?

I can't really go down a cup size, lol I have never seen a 36 or 34 AA in a shop and I have found it hard to find 36 A that cup size fits well :s-smilie: I am size 10/12. I am pretty weird, haha!!
Reply 581
Meltdown30
The best thing is to get measured somewhere like John Lewis or Debenhams (preferably John Lewis - their fitting gets a better reputation) as they should have a good range of bras. Your bra should feel snug on the loosest hook, as it'll stretch with age so you can move it to one of the other hooks to keep it snug.

Thank you for your help. I will definatley go to john lewis!
Reply 582
luc9999
I can't really go down a cup size, lol I have never seen a 36 or 34 AA in a shop and I have found it hard to find 36 A that cup size fits well :s-smilie: I am size 10/12. I am pretty weird, haha!!

If you're a 10/12, then I very much doubt that you're a 34 back. You're more likely to be a 32. You may think that a 34 is too tight, but it might be that you don't realise how tight the band of a bra is supposed to be to deliver support. I'd echo recommendations to head to John Lewis for a fitting :smile:. I was wearing a 34B for years until I was measured and discovered that I was (at that time) a 30D.
Quick question. Got measured a few months ago as a 30E. Majority of my bras are 30E/32DD depending on what I can find/afford...

Now, when I first put on a bra in the morning it fits fine, and boobs look fairly good. However by the end of the day, if I'm getting changed or whatever, I notice that I'm "escaping" :redface: and nipple is nearly making an appearance. :rolleyes:
I can't feel myself falling out as I could when I was wearing my old size (32B...dear oh dear) and they seem fine when first put on... so I'm confused.

Bra too small? Bending over too much? :p: Wrong style of bra? Any ideas?
I will go get measured again but its a bit of a trek to get to my nearest John Lewis/Bravissimo so may not be for a while.
I have a boobs question. :teeth:
Tinkerbee
Quick question. Got measured a few months ago as a 30E. Majority of my bras are 30E/32DD depending on what I can find/afford...

Now, when I first put on a bra in the morning it fits fine, and boobs look fairly good. However by the end of the day, if I'm getting changed or whatever, I notice that I'm "escaping" :redface: and nipple is nearly making an appearance. :rolleyes:
I can't feel myself falling out as I could when I was wearing my old size (32B...dear oh dear) and they seem fine when first put on... so I'm confused.

Bra too small? Bending over too much? :p: Wrong style of bra? Any ideas?
I will go get measured again but its a bit of a trek to get to my nearest John Lewis/Bravissimo so may not be for a while.

Omg, exact same problem! I'm wearing 34DDs/Es and have exactly the same issue.
I'm guessing we need to go up a cup size :sad:
Antimatter

*wails* :emo:
Reply 587
luc9999
But doesn't it feel really tight like that? I have just measured my self I am 32 under bthe bust and 33 when I breathe all out, so I guwess your right and I'm an idiot lolo but when I wore a 32A when I went to wonderbra it started to feel tight under my bust. My bust is measured about 34 (When you measure that do you pull it tight or what??)

It should be pretty tight yes. You will get used to the sensation though - bras will "give" a bit once you've worn them too. It's notoriously difficult to measure yourself, so I really recommend going somewhere reputable to get fitted.
luc9999
Ok thank you I will try to go somewhere to get that done. Thanks for your help :smile:

Ditto what everyone else has said. Get measured by someone, far better. When I measured myself I got 34AA :s-smilie: and I'm actually 30E :redface:
Hey guys, aw man still good to see this thread is going strong! I got remeasured the other day, gone from a 36GG

to a 34F!! in 4 months!
Reply 590
It's terrible how some people in shops really don't know what they're doing..

I got measured for a bra in La Senza, and I told the girl I normally wear a 34. And she measured me and she's like, well actually you're more of a 36... close to a 38.
Then I said, that's funny, I haven't worn a 36 in ages.. and then she asked me: 'Well have you gained weight'.

I got over the initial shock of some random shop assistant asking me if I had gained weight and responded: 'No actually I've lost 2 stone...'

Then she brought me out a size 32 bra to try on... Then I realised what the problem was, apparently she couldn't read.
Yazmina
It's terrible how some people in shops really don't know what they're doing..

I got measured for a bra in La Senza, and I told the girl I normally wear a 34. And she measured me and she's like, well actually you're more of a 36... close to a 38.
Then I said, that's funny, I haven't worn a 36 in ages.. and then she asked me: 'Well have you gained weight'.

I got over the initial shock of some random shop assistant asking me if I had gained weight and responded: 'No actually I've lost 2 stone...'

Then she brought me out a size 32 bra to try on... Then I realised what the problem was, apparently she couldn't read.

what a bitch
Reply 592
Antimatter

Nooo :sad:
This only happens with one or two, but I dont like the thought of having to get a cup bigger lol.
Reply 593
What's the best bra to wear with a backless dresssssss?????
Cessie
What's the best bra to wear with a backless dresssssss?????

a backless bra perhaps :rolleyes:
Reply 595
Subcutaneous
a backless bra perhaps :rolleyes:

WHATS. THE. BEST. BRA?

Most of the backless ones are crap.
Cessie
WHATS. THE. BEST. BRA?

no they're not. If you get a good one, thats been properly fitted to the outfit, they can be very good and supportive
Reply 597
Subcutaneous
no they're not. If you get a good one, thats been properly fitted to the outfit, they can be very good and supportive

Yeah that's why I'm asking which styles are the best from peoples experiences. Erm, not quite sure how I can make what Im asking any clearer.

For example:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170388632290&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

or

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140343778023&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:GB:1123 (but cant find it in my size anywhere)
Cessie
Yeah that's why I'm asking which styles are the best from peoples experiences. Erm, not quite sure how I can make what Im asking any clearer.

For example:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170388632290&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

or

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140343778023&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:GB:1123 (but cant find it in my size anywhere)

Have you read the OP? the best ones on the market at the moment, are gossard, wonderbra and maidenform. All are not stick on and work have straps, and work with your body from the middle up with giving you support.

I'd like to restress how helpful it is to read the OP, and will save you a lot of time asking questions

and cessie, you're very lucky to be getting advice from me at all after a post like this:
Cessie
WHATS. THE. BEST. BRA?

Reply 599
Subcutaneous

and cessie, you're very lucky to be getting advice from me at all after a post like this:

Haha, have a word with yourself!

Edit: And the first post only recs one backless bra, and the links broken.

Quick Reply

Latest