The Student Room Group

Boobs, Lingerie & Bra Questions Thread (Continued)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
Nattynoo101
Ok, so I went to M&S to get myself measured today, I'm wearing a 32D but I've got some bulge so she tried me with a cup size bigger, and said that it was a perfect fit, I'm not sure that I would agree as it covered my boobs entirely but that was more down to the style I guess. After getting measured I went somewhere else to find a nice bra. I found a 32DD and it was absolutely massive! So I'm not really sure now, either it's going to be too small or too big. I got told a year or so ago when my boobs were a bit bigger that I was a 30F, so do you reckon I should try a few different cup sizes in the 30 back range and see if they're ok? Ugh, I hate bra shopping, it's so annoying!

(sorry if my question seems stupid or obvious!)

A few years ago I went to m&s and got measured, and the woman said I was a 34A. We both stood there, looking at my boobs, and she just said, 'well that can't be right'. She fobbed me off saying get a 34D or something. So for years I've been wearing bras that are completely the wrong size, my weight not really changing. Last week I finally went to bravissimo and I'm somewhere between a 30FF and a 32F. I suggest you go somewhere better than m&s.
Nattynoo101
Ok, so I went to M&S to get myself measured today, I'm wearing a 32D but I've got some bulge so she tried me with a cup size bigger, and said that it was a perfect fit, I'm not sure that I would agree as it covered my boobs entirely but that was more down to the style I guess. After getting measured I went somewhere else to find a nice bra. I found a 32DD and it was absolutely massive! So I'm not really sure now, either it's going to be too small or too big. I got told a year or so ago when my boobs were a bit bigger that I was a 30F, so do you reckon I should try a few different cup sizes in the 30 back range and see if they're ok? Ugh, I hate bra shopping, it's so annoying!

(sorry if my question seems stupid or obvious!)

It's quite simple really. Get measured at the store you are buying your bras.
is it possible to get strapless push up bras?
im wearing a corset for prom and even at its very tightest there's still a huge gap when my boobs should be ¬.¬ damn me being little :frown:
Care-Free
im wearing a corset for prom and even at its very tightest there's still a huge gap when my boobs should be ¬.¬ damn me being little :frown:

Try the Wonderbra Ultimate - it gives me a boost! xx
blinkbelle
Try the Wonderbra Ultimate - it gives me a boost! xx

ohh thankyou :smile:
Reply 985
Care-Free

Definitely wonderbra ultimate :smile: It's the best strapless bra ever!
Reply 986
ok so i wear a 32C but i know its compleatly the wrong size, ive heard people say that if you can fit 4 fingers under the wire then you need to go down a back size, i can just about fit both fists under (i have really tiny hands but still). How much do you think the back size will end up at, i figured that i was about a 28 but then there are people on here who said that the thought a 34 fitted and then actually ended up being a 28, so judging by that i would be a rediculusly small size. Also Im not going to be able to get a fitting since the only fitting place near me i know the fitter and see her quite often (but we're not that close) and it would just be weird i think, although i plan to get fitted when i get to uni.

Also, and this might sound stupid, but if you order on line is the packaging its sent in quite plain or is it obvious what youve brought. Its just that my mum is dead against be ordering things online as well as me having bras which are underwired/padded/>C, (so id have to learn to wash them in secret as well). I mean if it said bravissimo right across the box or something it would be pretty obvious what was inside, but like a plain box with John Lewis on the return address would be quite discrete.
wow that was really interesting and extremely imformative! what do u feel would be the best bra to enhance a petite figure?
Reply 988
Cheeko
So recently i went and actually bought a bra that is my size i think.. 32B
Anyways... after wearing it for a few days i noticed my boobs seemed more perkier and better shaped.. Is that normal? That when you start wear the right bra your boobs come out more and stuff? if that makes any sense :s-smilie:

I am about the same bra size as you so I was just wondering...
What size clothes do you wear/how much do you weigh? (If you don't mind)

Does anyone know, does your body size actually depend on your bra size?
If you understand me :s-smilie:
abbii
ok so i wear a 32C but i know its compleatly the wrong size, ive heard people say that if you can fit 4 fingers under the wire then you need to go down a back size, i can just about fit both fists under (i have really tiny hands but still). How much do you think the back size will end up at, i figured that i was about a 28 but then there are people on here who said that the thought a 34 fitted and then actually ended up being a 28, so judging by that i would be a rediculusly small size. Also Im not going to be able to get a fitting since the only fitting place near me i know the fitter and see her quite often (but we're not that close) and it would just be weird i think, although i plan to get fitted when i get to uni.

Also, and this might sound stupid, but if you order on line is the packaging its sent in quite plain or is it obvious what youve brought. Its just that my mum is dead against be ordering things online as well as me having bras which are underwired/padded/>C, (so id have to learn to wash them in secret as well). I mean if it said bravissimo right across the box or something it would be pretty obvious what was inside, but like a plain box with John Lewis on the return address would be quite discrete.

Well back sizes actually don't just depend on the size of your back - I know people with 24 inch backs that fit comfortably into 30 backs and that kind of thing. From what I've been told by measurers, the trickiest people (and the funniest sizes) are those who have disproportionately big/small breasts for their frame. (For instance, my breasts extend very far past where back ends, width wise, I'm around a 28GG). You might be very petite, but your cup size will likely be quite small as well, so it should all work out. :smile:

And getting fitted isn't exactly intimate. Trust me. You keep your old bra on. They don't touch your breasts or anything. They will need to see you in a bra, so you have to be comfortable with that.

As for your mother, the best thing to do is show her studies on how important it is to wear underwiring, unless of course you're about 13. Breasts need support, especially if you're active in your daily life.:yep:

Sorry, I honestly can't remember what the packaging looks like. But I guess you could get it sent to a friend's house, or else order it on ebay :dontknow: I'm pretty sure figleaves (which is better, and doesn't spam like bravissimo does) is plain packaging. Hope that helps :smile:
Reply 990
Question - I've been told that I'm a c-cup but when I wear a c-cup it just makes my boobs look WAYYY bigger than they actually are (even though I don't wear padding or anything), it feels like false advertising. :p: Is it normal for breasts to look (a lot) bigger in a bra?
Reply 991
What can I do/ does anyone recommend a bra / bra type for someone with disproportionate breast sizes?

I know the majority of women will have one side bigger than the other, but even the people I've been 'fitted' by said it was difficult to fit. I have been fitted at M&S, John Lewis and at a local independent that has a good rep.

My bigger side is about a size B, and soft cup bras look completely silly (though I did find one Freya one that was ok, but the rest of the Freya's in the storewere uncomfortable) so I have resorted to tshirt/padded style that look to keep their shape better so I look more even. But this is fitted to the big side, so rides up on the otherside and can be uncomfortable and make red marks. I often have to readjust the band back down, even though all 3 places I was measured agreed with the band size. The onlything I'm really comfortable in is my sports bra.

If anyone has advice or suggestions I'd be very greatful!
get a bra with removable padding and just take it out of the larger side?
Reply 993
noujazeg
Question - I've been told that I'm a c-cup but when I wear a c-cup it just makes my boobs look WAYYY bigger than they actually are (even though I don't wear padding or anything), it feels like false advertising. :p: Is it normal for breasts to look (a lot) bigger in a bra?

I've always thought the same!! I would say I have small boobs, but I'm fitted as a 34D and yeah, in a bra my boobs do look much bigger. It does feel kinda like cheating, but I dont really see what you can do :s-smilie:
Reply 994
death.drop
get a bra with removable padding and just take it out of the larger side?

Thanks, I'll have a look. Never been suggested before, and I'm pretty clueless about this sort of thing anyway. I did look at gel bras before, though they all made me look a funny shape.

Padded a fine except for when its warm! I'm currently in France and the heat recently has made it quite uncomfortable.
I was measured recently and discovered that I'm a 28DD, which is really frustrating because there is no bra shop in Lincoln that stocks any. I'm going to Nottingham on Thursday, because there's a Bravissimo outlet which sells 28DDs (http://www.bravissimo.com/default.aspx - free mail order =D). But there are only three bras that I like, and one of them is out of stock.

I wish high street stores such as M&S gave more choice for petite girls with larger breasts. I've been wearing a 32B from ages ago (yes, wrong bra size by miles), because I can't find any bras in Lincoln that fit me, and it's excruciating. I look awful in low-cut tops/dresses because my breasts spill over and it's just depressing.
alicebytemperley
I was measured recently and discovered that I'm a 28DD, which is really frustrating because there is no bra shop in Lincoln that stocks any. I'm going to Nottingham on Thursday, because there's a Bravissimo outlet which sells 28DDs (http://www.bravissimo.com/default.aspx - free mail order =D). But there are only three bras that I like, and one of them is out of stock.

I wish high street stores such as M&S gave more choice for petite girls with larger breasts. I've been wearing a 32B from ages ago (yes, wrong bra size by miles), because I can't find any bras in Lincoln that fit me, and it's excruciating. I look awful in low-cut tops/dresses because my breasts spill over and it's just depressing.

Shop online? Brastop.com have a good range xx
blinkbelle
Shop online? Brastop.com have a good range xx

The only problem with shopping online is that different brands of bra vary hugely in sizing, and it's a lot of hassle to mail order something and try it on and send it back if it doesn't fit. But thanks for the link, once I find out what size I am for each brand I might start mail ordering :smile: xx
Reply 998
I know when you measure for bra size you had to measure the fullest part of the chest (across the back and round the nip area) and then measure the bit directly under the breasts.

I was just wondering for the size 30D, what the overbust and underbust measurement would be?? Anyone know?? Thanks.
however big my hands are

Quick Reply

Latest