The Student Room Group

Boobs, Lingerie & Bra Questions Thread (Continued)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1380
Original post by LipstickKisses
Yeah the lacy ones dont look very good under things I find...but padded bras are really difficult to come by :frown: Thanks for the link, i have found a polish shop called Ewa Michalak that custom makes 28 bras padded all the way to a J cup I think, and they have good reviews. I was hoping thered be somewhere in the UK i could visit but I'm just gonna have to take the plunge and buy online.

I've heard about Ewa Michalak.. I've heard they come tight around the back so just warning you pre-hand! :smile:
I've (sadly) resorted myself to wearing 32Ds now because 30s and 28s are missions to find without blowing my monthly pay :frown: lol
Original post by fxyz
I've heard about Ewa Michalak.. I've heard they come tight around the back so just warning you pre-hand! :smile:
I've (sadly) resorted myself to wearing 32Ds now because 30s and 28s are missions to find without blowing my monthly pay :frown: lol

I'd heard that too thats why Im a bit wary of ordering online, if they have a sale I might try a 30 back and see if it's like a UK 28. :smile: Thats not good, its stupid we have to pay more for out bras when sizes like 42DD are available which actually take up more material than a 28HH. Ive contacted several lingerie shops about it and not many have said theyll be adding more sizes sadly.

If you can wear a 30 you might want to try http://www.bouxavenue.com/lingerie their prices are similar to la senza and they go up to a 30H. :smile:
Reply 1382
I'd heard that too thats why Im a bit wary of ordering online, if they have a sale I might try a 30 back and see if it's like a UK 28. :smile: Thats not good, its stupid we have to pay more for out bras when sizes like 42DD are available which actually take up more material than a 28HH. Ive contacted several lingerie shops about it and not many have said theyll be adding more sizes sadly.

If you can wear a 30 you might want to try http://www.bouxavenue.com/lingerie their prices are similar to la senza and they go up to a 30H. :smile:

You know.. I tried this a while ago.. I got 34C and D bras from primark for 2.90 and i altered the back and made it smaller.. the fit was awkward for a few of them but for a handful they were quite good and I still wear them.. maybe you could try that? Like whatever your 'sister-size' is in a band 36 or 34 get that and alter it
And thanks for the link.. I am on a budget so if its priced like la senza hurrah! xD
Original post by Lerone
Have you worn any Ann Summers stuff? I find them VERY small on the back,not so much on the cup though.
Im really worried about Lasenza, if you look at their site they are having a massive sale, you cant get much at all, all of my size are sold out of everything except basic stuff. They might really be gpoing down so Ann Summers may be my new shop!

Oooh I haven't actually, I always look in Anne Summers but never get anything! I might get a cup size up next time I go in... i'm in a bit of denial about my size tbh I just wear the same size from every shop and don't bother trying them on in store

I'm wearing these M&S ones I'm wearing on the tighest hook and they're still massive :p: and I have La Senza ones I SQUUUUUUEEEEEEZE into! As a DD I can't get away with anything other than a balconette bra I swear
Reply 1384
Original post by SiaSiaSia
Oooh I haven't actually, I always look in Anne Summers but never get anything! I might get a cup size up next time I go in... i'm in a bit of denial about my size tbh I just wear the same size from every shop and don't bother trying them on in store

I'm wearing these M&S ones I'm wearing on the tighest hook and they're still massive :p: and I have La Senza ones I SQUUUUUUEEEEEEZE into! As a DD I can't get away with anything other than a balconette bra I swear

Im currently wearing what annsummers calls a 'plunge' bra, when in reality to me it seems more balconette heres a linky so you can see what i mean (though its on a small cupped woman and i think the DD+ are built differently
http://www.annsummers.com/p/coco-grey-bra/01brpgas1140027
Im a F cup and it suits suprisingly well.
And yeah i would never buy a 'proper' plunge bra as i dont think they work well for DD+'s.
Reply 1385
I have a thread where we can contact M&S about the lack of 28 back bras. I wrote to them and got in contact with them and they said to me if enough people get in touch with them theyll consider adding more 28 and 30 backs to their range. :biggrin:

Where is this petition? I will sign!
Original post by MsGD
Where is this petition? I will sign!

You go on the 'contact us' page on their website, select other, and have to write an email to them. Sadly they keep sending me replies of "we'll think about it". :frown: B@stards.
If shops didn't use the wrong measuring system (adding 4/5 inches to the band measurement isn't correct anymore) then I bet we'd see a lot more women needing 28, 26 or even 24 backs. I personally am a 26DD (26 inches for the ribcage, 31 for the bust) but I have no choice but to wear a 28D, which is hard to find as it is. And I'm not super-skinny either.
Reply 1388
Original post by rainbow.panda
If shops didn't use the wrong measuring system (adding 4/5 inches to the band measurement isn't correct anymore) then I bet we'd see a lot more women needing 28, 26 or even 24 backs. I personally am a 26DD (26 inches for the ribcage, 31 for the bust) but I have no choice but to wear a 28D, which is hard to find as it is. And I'm not super-skinny either.

I've heard The Big Bra Company are releasing 26 back sizes in one style and if they see a good response they're gonna start selling them in more styles :smile: type in Thin and Curvy in google and a blog should come up with the details
Original post by fxyz
I've heard The Big Bra Company are releasing 26 back sizes in one style and if they see a good response they're gonna start selling them in more styles :smile: type in Thin and Curvy in google and a blog should come up with the details

I hope they will! I hate bra shopping because nothing ever fits. I have one bra in a 28D and I'm wearing it on the tightest hook but the cups are perfect. I got offered to be fitted today but I declined, I didn't even want to tell her my real size because I knew she would look at me like O.o
Reply 1390
I hope they will! I hate bra shopping because nothing ever fits. I have one bra in a 28D and I'm wearing it on the tightest hook but the cups are perfect. I got offered to be fitted today but I declined, I didn't even want to tell her my real size because I knew she would look at me like O.o

LOL! I get that as well, people are just like *_* when I tell them my size and they're proper like 'are you sure? You don't look like an F!' But its cos very few people are wearing the right size. Have you ever tried sewing in your bras by an inch or two? Thats what I did to a lot of my bras when I got fitted and realised all my bras were the wrong size. Throwing my favourite bras woulda been a tad emotional you see :colondollar:
Original post by fxyz
LOL! I get that as well, people are just like *_* when I tell them my size and they're proper like 'are you sure? You don't look like an F!' But its cos very few people are wearing the right size. Have you ever tried sewing in your bras by an inch or two? Thats what I did to a lot of my bras when I got fitted and realised all my bras were the wrong size. Throwing my favourite bras woulda been a tad emotional you see :colondollar:

I don't look like a DD at all, I look like a B cup at the most. I just know if I tell anyone I don't know they'll think I'm an anorexic! But actually I just have a small frame. I have a friend who wears a 32A and she's about the same size as me so I bet she'd be a 26 back too.
Reply 1392
I don't look like a DD at all, I look like a B cup at the most. I just know if I tell anyone I don't know they'll think I'm an anorexic! But actually I just have a small frame. I have a friend who wears a 32A and she's about the same size as me so I bet she'd be a 26 back too.

I was telling my mates about how I got fitted and how good it is etc and then they ALL told me they wore 34Bs. And I am telling you the girls all ranged between size 4 and 12. And they all were wearing 34s! And I was like wtf :colonhash::K:

I completely agree with this, I've been contacting lingerie shops trying to tell them this and they keep telling me there's 'no demand', so I did a poll on TSR (scientific I know :biggrin:) and about 50% of people who answered measured 30" or under meaning they need 30, 28 and 26 bands... I bloody hate the old measuring system, it's the reason I suffered backpain and shoulder dents and quadraboob. :colonhash:

http://www.ewa-michalak.pl/
They will custom make you a 26DD. :smile:
Original post by fxyz
I was telling my mates about how I got fitted and how good it is etc and then they ALL told me they wore 34Bs. And I am telling you the girls all ranged between size 4 and 12. And they all were wearing 34s! And I was like wtf :colonhash::K:

I HATE THIS. You should wear a 34 if your back measures 33-35 inches. If it doesn't, you don't need a bigger band, you need a smaller band and a bigger cup. We have this stupid stereotype that a DD is massive and bands start at 32, so people think their boobs aren't big enough to go up a cupsize and not skinny enough for a 32 when a 32 isn't tiny or skinny. :colonhash:
Reply 1395
I HATE THIS. You should wear a 34 if your back measures 33-35 inches. If it doesn't, you don't need a bigger band, you need a smaller band and a bigger cup. We have this stupid stereotype that a DD is massive and bands start at 32, so people think their boobs aren't big enough to go up a cupsize and not skinny enough for a 32 when a 32 isn't tiny or skinny. :colonhash:

I AGREEEEEEE. I keep on convincing my size 8 she can't possible be a 34 or even a 32 back size and she must be at most a 30! She keeps on denying this - as though she's scared of being told her real size!!
And the DD thing - lol. I remember the way my jaw dropped to the floor when the fitter at Bravissimo told me I was a 28F

Guys, do you have an issue with slipping straps? I have quite slim shoulders and even at the tightest, my straps always slip down. Is there a way I could stop this from happening?
Original post by fxyz
I AGREEEEEEE. I keep on convincing my size 8 she can't possible be a 34 or even a 32 back size and she must be at most a 30! She keeps on denying this - as though she's scared of being told her real size!!
And the DD thing - lol. I remember the way my jaw dropped to the floor when the fitter at Bravissimo told me I was a 28F

It's highly unlikely she'd be a 34, make her get measured at bravissimo! People need to know cupszie just stands for inches! A = 1, B = 2, so all a 'DD' means is five inches fuller bust than underbust...which clearly doesn't always mean massive boobs! :rolleyes: I couldn't believe I was a 28 back at first either, but when I tried it on it fitted so perfectly and I stopped getting backpains. More women need to know this.

Guys, do you have an issue with slipping straps? I have quite slim shoulders and even at the tightest, my straps always slip down. Is there a way I could stop this from happening?

I used to get this when I wore a 32 instead of a 28 and was told it was due to the back being too big.
Original post by fxyz

Ahh they're definitely wearing the wrong size then xD the most common mistake is wearing too big a band and too small a cup, which is what I was doing up until recently (thanks to that stupid measuring system I was placed at a 30A). I'm a size 6 in tops and 8 in jeans. My mum must be wearing the wrong size too, she wears a 34A and there's no way she has a 34 inch ribcage measurement. I bet she could wear a 32 band easily, so finding her size wouldn't be a problem.

I completely agree with this, I've been contacting lingerie shops trying to tell them this and they keep telling me there's 'no demand', so I did a poll on TSR (scientific I know :biggrin:) and about 50% of people who answered measured 30" or under meaning they need 30, 28 and 26 bands... I bloody hate the old measuring system, it's the reason I suffered backpain and shoulder dents and quadraboob. :colonhash:

http://www.ewa-michalak.pl/
They will custom make you a 26DD. :smile:

There will be a demand for it once they stop measuring people wrong, but people might think I'm mad if I start telling bra fitters how to do their job properly :tongue: the only bra I have that's anywhere near my size is from M&S but they have an extremely limited range for 28 backs, there aren't even that many 30 backs. I've been eyeing that polish site, might give it a go if they say they can make my size for me :smile:
Reply 1398
It's highly unlikely she'd be a 34, make her get measured at bravissimo! People need to know cupszie just stands for inches! A = 1, B = 2, so all a 'DD' means is five inches fuller bust than underbust...which clearly doesn't always mean massive boobs! :rolleyes: I couldn't believe I was a 28 back at first either, but when I tried it on it fitted so perfectly and I stopped getting backpains. More women need to know this.

I used to get this when I wore a 32 instead of a 28 and was told it was due to the back being too big.

But I'm wearing a 28 and it sometimes genuinely is a smaller size in certain brands cos it leaves very angry red marks and is genuinely uncomfortable yet the straps are falling off! :/

There will be a demand for it once they stop measuring people wrong, but people might think I'm mad if I start telling bra fitters how to do their job properly :tongue: the only bra I have that's anywhere near my size is from M&S but they have an extremely limited range for 28 backs, there aren't even that many 30 backs. I've been eyeing that polish site, might give it a go if they say they can make my size for me :smile:

Ha I'm like the millitant bra lady, everytime someone tells me they wear a back that's blatantly too big I start lecturing people about why most bra fitters don't know what they're doing and how they need to get to bravissimo. :tongue: They have a very poor range, the ONLY highstreet shop I can buy from is bravissimo, and they don't even have that many in my size that I like, they're mostly soft cup lace ones and I'm not a fan. :frown: It's annoying because shops stock sizes like 40DD which has the same volume as my size, and if people were measured properly there'd be more demand for it anyway! :angry: Don't even get me started on having to pay thirty bloody quid every time I need a bra lol.

I'm gonna order from them soon myself, they have really good reviews :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest