The Student Room Group

TSR Radiohead Society : Fake plastic thread

Scroll to see replies

ohhh man, that guys got some awesome stuff!!!
It hasn't actually sunk in that I'm going to be seeing Radiohead live in less than a week.....wow.
Just wondering....what do most people here make of The Eraser? it doesn't seem to be discussed much....:frown:

I think it is a cracking album - and Thom performing The Clock and Cymbal Rush on THR Show was just awesome.

He is a truly great musician :rolleyes:
The OK Kid Computer Theif
Just wondering....what do most people here make of The Eraser? it doesn't seem to be discussed much....:frown:

I think it is a cracking album - and Thom performing The Clock and Cymbal Rush on THR Show was just awesome.

He is a truly great musician :rolleyes:

Yep, I love The Eraser...it does sound VERY much like Radiohead to me (not too suprisingly) but Harrowdown Hill is a real standout track.
Reply 1384
I think the Eraser would have made a better single than harrowdown hill. It just sounds better. Although I get that HH has the whole 'oohh look it's about kelly's suicide' to help it sell. And it's still a decent track. The video sucks though.
The Eraser is weak.
Reply 1386
Phonicsdude
The Eraser is weak.

the album or song? either way,
no you're wrong
you're wrong
you're wrong
you're wrong
you're wrong
you're wrong
you're wrooooooooong

:cool:
The album. The song is one of the highlights.

Lyrics in my sig. Rep cos whatever. No using google. First correct answer.
So having said no googling... *sigh*

Anyone not heard this amazing song?
Reply 1389
Ahhh, but I googled this before you asked the question. :wink: I'll delete that post up there so that someone else can get it without help.
ssooooooo excited, i'm going to see radiohead on tuesday :biggrin: I actually can not wait!
Reply 1391
Phonicsdude
The album. The song is one of the highlights.

Lyrics in my sig. Rep cos whatever. No using google. First correct answer.

hmm, you are partially forgiven, I still reckon the album is pretty decent though, a solid 7/10.
Also, you apparently have no sig. Or at least nothing that I can see. Doesn't matter though, I probably wouldn't be able to get the song without cheating anyway.
First post of the page.
thats easy
its last flowers until the hospital
Guess what? I too will be seeing them in Edinburgh on Tuesday. And I can't ruddy wait.

Does anyone have a recent playlist of Radiohead? I know they change their tunes every time but would be interesting to see generally what they play...
Reply 1395
anyone gonna watch radiohead play at v festival? It's on C4 and E4 tonight, around 9ish on E4 i think they show it live, not sure tho. Should be good anyway, last time Radiohead played a major UK festival (Glasto '03 i believe) I hadn't even heard of them!! How things change. :biggrin:
Reply 1396
****ing E4 should be ****ing shot I ****ing hate them the bastards what the **** were they thinking playing ****ing kasabian all the ****ing time YOUR HAVING A LARF MATE IT'S ****ING KASABIAN. They played about 4 RH songs, they cut the end of creep FFS, kasabian got like 20 songs played it's a ***ing joke i tell you. kasabian should be ****ing shot too 'Radiohead are one of my best bands but tonight, no one wants to hear clicks' wtf?!?!?
Arghhh i'm so annoyed right now, this post will look stupid in the morning, will prob be deleted but i don't care i hate all the E4 scum so much go and die bastards and take that ****ty presenter with you i hate him too the smarmy git.

/rantover :mad:
Reply 1397
Haha, I spoke too soon, the rant isn't quite over yet it seems. I'll try to tone this one down a bit though.

The C4 show ended just now. They had a 5 min long kasabian song before RH, full of crappy showmanship (i hate bands that think they're important when they're just not. Razorlight is another culprit of this arrogance). Anyway, the show ended with creep. Brilliant eh. :rolleyes: I just wish they had the balls to do something different, show idioteque maybe, just something to shake things up a bit. Still, at least they showed the whole song this time. The end lyrics - Thom singing "what the hell am i doing here, I don't belong here. i don't belong here" - I lolled. :cool:
So, in conclusion, a terrible waste of 4 hrs or so, remind me never to watch a music festival on TV ever again. The sound quality was definitely iffy, you could hear all sorts of interference and it was just all messed up. Terribly disappointing. :frown:
smirf83
Haha, I spoke too soon, the rant isn't quite over yet it seems. I'll try to tone this one down a bit though.

The C4 show ended just now. They had a 5 min long kasabian song before RH, full of crappy showmanship (i hate bands that think they're important when they're just not. Razorlight is another culprit of this arrogance). Anyway, the show ended with creep. Brilliant eh. :rolleyes: I just wish they had the balls to do something different, show idioteque maybe, just something to shake things up a bit. Still, at least they showed the whole song this time. The end lyrics - Thom singing "what the hell am i doing here, I don't belong here. i don't belong here" - I lolled. :cool:

Yeah me too. :biggrin: They definitely didn't belong at V. Also, why did RH play their weaker new songs? No Arpeggi or Videotape.
WWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Edinburgh was incredible!

I've got like an hour of video footage...they played Videotape!! yay...i'm so happy :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Ahhhh anyone else go?

Quick Reply

Latest