The Student Room Group

TSR Radiohead Society : Fake plastic thread

Scroll to see replies

The very thought of that makes me salivate :biggrin:
Best band of reason years. For me, my favourite band.

LP7 nearly here! woop!
if you make your way over here you'll find a few more of us.....and yes, bring on LP7 already...the snippets nigel posted on D.A.S are just teasing me too much...it's all sounding VERY exciting.

Much radiohead love
and what a wow
Best band of reason years. For me, my favourite band.

LP7 nearly here! woop!

You have to be taking the piss.
Reply 1584
Well, think I'll revive this sleeping giant.

After listening to Radiohead's full repertoire for the first time in several months, Kid A has shot back up to the top, overtaking The Bends. I think, on overall terms, that I prefer the bleepy-bloopy Radiohead. Apart from Treefingers. Yuck.
^LoL!

Indeed, bump the real radiohead society if need be (infact there is a need since we're in the run up to the new Lp)
I listened to OKC the other day and HTTT.
OKC = The win. No doubt. So much layering and texture to the songs. Fantastic.

RELEASE LP7
Reply 1587
I enjoy Radiohead's music. I like Pablo Honey, though many seem to doubt the brilliance of this album. I like OK Computer more than any other album. I post in stinted sentences.
Avogadro6.022*10^23
I enjoy Radiohead's music. I like Pablo Honey, though many seem to doubt the brilliance of this album. I like OK Computer more than any other album. I post in stinted sentences.

A valiant entrance to the greatest thread around...on the one hand rather controversial with reference to Pablo Honey (although, fully justified in my humble opinion), but then satisfying everyone's expectations in nominating OKC as #1. What more elegance could a radiohead fan desire? Next you'll be spouting on about the artistic beauty and depth of Kid A :love:
Reply 1589
OKC is surely one of the best albums ever made? Way ahead of any of Radiohead's others for me. ;yes;
Reply 1590
The OK Kid Computer Thief
A valiant entrance to the greatest thread around...on the one hand rather controversial with reference to Pablo Honey (although, fully justified in my humble opinion), but then satisfying everyone's expectations in nominating OKC as #1. What more elegance could a radiohead fan desire? Next you'll be spouting on about the artistic beauty and depth of Kid A :love:

Kid A is brilliant, 'How to disappear completely' is surely one of the pinnacles of Radiohead's career. :smile:
Reply 1591
vector
OKC is surely one of the best albums ever made? Way ahead of any of Radiohead's others for me. ;yes;

I don't think it's way ahead, but it is the best :smile:

Para. andr. is perhaps my fave song.
Reply 1592
Karma police for me. That song will make me stop whatever I'm doing and just listen...
It's all about Sit Down, Stand Up (Snakes & Ladders). The piano lead-in in particular is fantastic, and the way they build up and hold the suspense during the middle of the song, until suddenly releasing it into 'the raindrops' is exquisit. I love it.
Reply 1594
Best IMO, can't choose one!

Thinking about you (pablo)
Creep (pablo)
You (pablo)
Vegetable (pablo)
Street Spirit (The bends)
Paranoid Android (OKC)
Karma Police (OKC)
Fitter Happier (OKC)
Exit music[..for a film](OKC)
Idioteque (Kid A)
How to disappear completely (Kid A)
Pyramid Song (Amnesiac)
2+2=5 (Hail to the thief)
A wolf at the door (Hail to the thief)

..that's my list anyway :smile:
Avogadro6.022*10^23
Kid A is brilliant, 'How to disappear completely' is surely one of the pinnacles of Radiohead's career. :smile:

Ok, wow. You agree with Thom then..."How to Disappear was the most beautiful song I ever wrote...." :smile: how very true (although, true love waits and Kid A come close)

Best IMO, can't choose one!

Thinking about you (pablo)
Creep (pablo)
You (pablo)
Vegetable (pablo)
Street Spirit (The bends)
Paranoid Android (OKC)
Karma Police (OKC)
Fitter Happier (OKC)
Exit music[..for a film](OKC)
Idioteque (Kid A)
How to disappear completely (Kid A)
Pyramid Song (Amnesiac)
2+2=5 (Hail to the thief)
A wolf at the door (Hail to the thief)

..that's my list anyway

Righty-ho. 'The best of' it is then.

Blow Out(Pablo)
Bones (Bends)
Bulletproof (Bends)
Subterranean Homesick Alien (OKC)
The Tourist (OKC)
Kid A (Kid A)
National Anthem (Kid A/I Might Be Wrong live recording)
How to Disappear Completely (Kid A)
Knives Out (Amnesiac)
Like Spinning Plates (Live piano version :love:)
Permanent Daylight (My Iron Lung EP)
Maquiladora (B-side)
Videotape (LP7 - Hammersmith recording)
Meeting in The Aisle (Airbag/How am I Driving EP)
I am Citizen Insane (Com Lag EP)

Quite a lot, i know....but meh. There's a whole lot of good ***** in them EP's

It's all about Sit Down, Stand Up (Snakes & Ladders). The piano lead-in in particular is fantastic, and the way they build up and hold the suspense during the middle of the song, until suddenly releasing it into 'the raindrops' is exquisit. I love it.

And HELL YEH...mate, you should see Sit Down Stand Up live....one of the most memorable live tracks, just so much atmosphere. A friend saw 'em in Oxford, and as the 'raindrops' chorus kicked in, it actually started to rain (outdoor gig)....apparently that was magical :biggrin:
Heh i got a live version of Maquiladora on a dvd of the astoria gig in 1994 :eek: I can't even remember how that song goes now.

I wait, I wait, I wait. I couldn't care less which album the new one sounds most like, since I've grown to like amnesiac and HTTT over time as much as the others. I'll never forget the bends for getting me into them though all that time ago :smile:
Horrorshow
Heh i got a live version of Maquiladora on a dvd of the astoria gig in 1994 :eek: I can't even remember how that song goes now.

I wait, I wait, I wait. I couldn't care less which album the new one sounds most like, since I've grown to like amnesiac and HTTT over time as much as the others. I'll never forget the bends for getting me into them though all that time ago :smile:

Well.....me too :biggrin: It's a great dvd isn't it? Proper old-school blonde Thom.

And, no....i don't care about what it sounds like, because I want it to sound uniquely like LP7 - which it undoubtedly will do. They've explored a load of new sounds and it just all sounds so new and fresh...i love it.
i remember maquiladora was the first radiohead track to give me that hairs standing up on the back of your neck feeling.
Reply 1599
Only just acquired Pablo Honey :eek: Had all the singles on my computer, but never got the album. Creep is undoubtedly something special...

Quick Reply

Latest