The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

That's a shame.

It's not only the death of a woman, it's also like history dying.
Reply 21
Vicious Fishes
That's a shame.

It's not only the death of a woman, it's also like history dying.

I get this, totally.

It'll be the same when the final survivors of WW1 finally die as well.
This is genuinely saddening
Wow, end of an era :frown: Very sad.
Reply 24
Aww! You just can't 'survive' time. :no:
I'd like to think they're gonna play "i'm on a boat" by the lonely island at her funeral
Reply 26
Cj-Tj
Eh? It was one of the most interesting and saddest maritime disasters ever, and you want to "forget about it"?! If that was said tongue in cheek then i apologise, if it wasnt then you need to take a good look at yourself, and consider for a minuet the 1000 or so people who died.

Thousands of people die every day.
punktopia

Thats true, so many children die of starvation in Africa every minute.

However, that doesnt mean we shouldnt feel sad for this death

R.I.P
So the job's finally finished.

Kudos, iceberg, kudos.

You play the waiting game well.
Reply 29
punktopia

True, but not all in one go. Think about the fuss made by 9/11 and that was only 2000 people or so. Less than 2/3rds of the number of people who die on our roads every year........

Anyway, it a maritime thing. If you've ever worked on boats or been connected with the ocean then it makes a difference. If your a land lubber then you cant be expected to understand.
Reply 30
punktopia

And on that day an extra 1000 people died than the average.
It's a little sad, but she had to go sometime...
el scorcho
I'd like to think they're gonna play "i'm on a boat" by the lonely island at her funeral

'Aww ****, get your towels ready it's about to go down (shorty, yeah)
Everybody in the place hit the ******* deck (shorty, yeah)
But stay on your ************* toes
We're sinking, let's go'
Reply 33
Cj-Tj
True, but not all in one go. Think about the fuss made by 9/11 and that was only 2000 people or so. Less than 2/3rds of the number of people who die on our roads every year........

Anyway, it a maritime thing. If you've ever worked on boats or been connected with the ocean then it makes a difference. If your a land lubber then you cant be expected to understand.

It's wrong to make all that fuss imo. This happened a long time ago. There's more important things to care about.
Reply 34
Rip
Cj-Tj

I'm pretty sure that people that aren't sailors can understand the tragedy of a sinking ship which leads to over a thousand people's death.

And 'land lubber', what are you a cartoon pirate?

Latest

Trending

Trending