The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
BA but I had really bad teachers in the first year which really messed me about, if I had the same teachers in the first year I had in the second year I would have got AA.

I was under a hell of a lot of stress though, the content itself wasn't hard but the work load was.
Reply 2
so do you think my predicted CC is pretty poor?
If you're capable of higher, then yes it is poor.

If you're only capable of CC, then it's a good grade.
Reply 4
At my college most people got DD/DE so CC is not a bad grade. It depends as Daz said. If you lazed around then CC is poor. If you put lots of hard work in then you have done your best.
Reply 5
I wish I done double award. I am predicted a grade B for single award. Do you think it's bad? I was aiming for an A. Is it hard to get an A in single award?
Reply 6
Well i did work hard but when i started the course i wasnt even thinking about university and didnt really decide to apply until a couple of weeks before the uni application deadline, so i suppose if i knew what grades i needed i would of worked much harder. I might get a BC if im lucky because i needed something like 225 points from my last 3 units which is like B (70points) for each unit, i think i have got a B for two of the units and a high C for the other + at the time i dont think a couple of my other units points were update which gives me hope of getting a BC.

I can but hope :smile:
Reply 7
i did a single award and got a D if i recall.
Hey i'm currently taking AVCE double award in ICT and predicted to get a BC! Not the best in the class but not the worst.
Reply 9
claireflower
Hey i'm currently taking AVCE double award in ICT and predicted to get a BC! Not the best in the class but not the worst.

If I've done double award I would be happy with BC or CC or above.
Reply 10
yeah i have a chance to get a BC and i think i will be only 20 or so marks off, if i dont get it.
Reply 11
Just found out i have got a BC :smile: Good news as that was what i was hoping for.
Reply 12
james101
Just found out i have got a BC :smile: Good news as that was what i was hoping for.

Well done, of course it now needs to moderated but providing everything has been done right this won't be a problem, I got exactly the same marks after the moderation process.
Reply 13
james101

Congrats! Birghton will accept you for sure. I hope the moderation process in the exam board, won't make your marks down.

AT82
Well done, of course it now needs to moderated but providing everything has been done right this won't be a problem, I got exactly the same marks after the moderation process.

Actually that happens almost all the time. In our school, not even once the grades/marks got changed after moderation.
Reply 14
Yeah good news then, each unit was marked by the unit teacher and then another teacher marked it to make sure it was marked correctly so im confident i will get the BC, i now have 180points and need 240 to get onto my course at uni, i am doing two level 3 key skills subjects so if i pass them both i will have 22points overall.

So i just hope i pass key skills.
Reply 15
james101
Yeah good news then, each unit was marked by the unit teacher and then another teacher marked it to make sure it was marked correctly so im confident i will get the BC, i now have 180points and need 240 to get onto my course at uni, i am doing two level 3 key skills subjects so if i pass them both i will have 22points overall.

So i just hope i pass key skills.

Good luck.

You would pass key skills, it's easy. I'm assuming you are doing communications key skills.
Reply 16
nah just IT and AON, i just have to do the IT exam as my work for avce can be used for portfollio.
Reply 17
james101
nah just IT and AON, i just have to do the IT exam as my work for avce can be used for portfollio.

Cool, that means you could pass for sure as you are overlapping your good grade on your AVCE portfolio!
Reply 18
just have to do the exam which should be easy, its important that you print out the correct things and name each print out correcntly.

just noticed im in your sig, thanks, when did i appear there?
Reply 19
james101
just have to do the exam which should be easy, its important that you print out the correct things and name each print out correcntly.

just noticed im in your sig, thanks, when did i appear there?

You're welcome. You're one of my favourite members now.

The exam is just refering to your notes you made and annotating them. There will be questions that will not be based on your notes that you take in, most of the questions are common sense anyway or it has been covered in class.

Latest

Trending

Trending