The Student Room Group

combined science

if you got grades 4 4 3 in combined gcse science mocks what 2 gcse grades would you receive?
Original post by pew234
if you got grades 4 4 3 in combined gcse science mocks what 2 gcse grades would you receive?

That would depend on whether the mocks were set at a similar level to a typical GCSE paper. If they were, then you're likely in the boundary of a 43 and a 44, assuming you perform at the same level.
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
That would depend on whether the mocks were set at a similar level to a typical GCSE paper. If they were, then you're likely in the boundary of a 43 and a 44, assuming you perform at the same level.

yes they were so i could a close thing between getting one ( 4,3) or two ( 4,4) science GCSE,s??
Original post by pew234
yes they were so i could a close thing between getting one ( 4,3) or two ( 4,4) science GCSE,s??

I assume you're referring to the fact that the Government has said that grade 4 is a 'standard pass'.

What Pearson/Edexcel say here is that, "The DfE have confirmed that a grade 4 is a standard pass and grade 5 is a strong pass. For Combined Science this means that it would equate to a grade 4-4 being a standard pass." ... "The two grades are not split into a grade 4 and a grade 3."

That would suggest that you either obtain a double award (worth two GCSEs) at a standard pass (4-4) or your double award falls just short of a standard pass (4-3). There is no indication that you can separate the 4 from the 3 and claim that as a "standard pass" worth one GCSE.

Quick Reply

Latest