The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
~Raphael~
hehe Baaaaaaa!

You sig doesn't work in Mozilla, under SuSE (not my SuSE of course:wink:)
Reply 21
Camford
You sig doesn't work in Mozilla, under SuSE (not my SuSE of course:wink:)

Well then it sucks :bawling:
No more hijacking you 2. :mad: Also i would like to point out that my comments hold basically true for the medics as well as they share biochem and physiology with us (although it is more like us sharing it with them as 30% of the lectures are so baised towards the medics that there is very little relevant info for the vets at all, especially some of the genetics biochemistry where it is all human diseases without so much as a graceful nod to the vets and we have to learn the examples as well which takes the biscuit) and their anatomy classes generally coincide with ours although time may vary as there are 300 odd medics and there are therefore more sets.

Dan
I actually have a question! After we do the three pre-clinical years, we get chucked out of college (if I am correct). How much support is there vis a vis accommodation after that i.e. just how much debt will I be in? Do the colleges have recommended landlords or subsidised flats etc?
platinumki
I actually have a question! After we do the three pre-clinical years, we get chucked out of college (if I am correct). How much support is there vis a vis accommodation after that i.e. just how much debt will I be in? Do the colleges have recommended landlords or subsidised flats etc?

Umm why is it someone ask something i don't know... as you might have guessed, i don't know. I could ask John (final year vet in choir) later on and let you know after that but to be honest, i haven't really thought about that yet. I'm a bit worried about Girton, at the moment the council are proposing a lot of fee increases + a doubling of formal hall ticket price, which is ridiculous, so i'm on the warpath about that at the moment.

Dan
Reply 25
Dan,

A question I'm sure you will know (we all love our holidays)!!

Firstly, how long is the Christmas vacation period? And, secondly, do we have exams in January??

I'm trying to organise a ski trip and need to know the best time to go!!

Cheers.
Reply 26
Most colleges have progress tests in January for most of the subjects. You don't have to worry about it. Complete screw up is nothing serious. Christmas vacation is roughly 6 weeks.
KVet
Dan,

A question I'm sure you will know (we all love our holidays)!!

Firstly, how long is the Christmas vacation period? And, secondly, do we have exams in January??

I'm trying to organise a ski trip and need to know the best time to go!!

Cheers.

As Camford has already said Christmas is about 6 weeks, basically all of December and the first 2 weeks of Januray, ish. As for exams Girton doesn't in January for Vet Med but all the other colleges do. Again, as Camford said, messing up is no big deal as they're mainly designed to give you a kick up the butt and make you work. I'm going skiing this year in December too, i'm going for 10 days on about the 7th as we should be finished by then.

Dan

Latest

Trending

Trending