The Student Room Group

C4: Absolutely easy!!! Why?

I did my whole A level Maths this year since I'm doing Further Maths next year & I have to say that C4 was pretty easy, especially INTEGRATION! Setting up the bloody differential equation is much harder than integration ffs!

However, everyone finds integration hard? Why is this? I cannot comprehend when people say 'oh which method of integration do I use???' It is pretty obvious what you use & sometimes it even tells you so how can you mess up?

*Yes I know I sound arrogant & I sure am. Meet me in real life & you will definitely find out. But this is a serious question you see.

If it makes you anti-C4s happy than I will admit that C4 is much much harder than all the other core modules.

:yep:

Scroll to see replies

Have you ever thought that you might just be good at maths? People who find C2 hard are going to find C3 harder and C4 even harder still.
Reply 2
Why do you need to create a thread to say this? Tbf i don't care if you find it easy or not.
generalebriety
Have you ever thought that you might just be good at maths? People who find C2 hard are going to find C3 harder and C4 even harder still.

I don't really know if I am good enough to say that I am good at Maths :confused:

Since you do Maths at Cambridge, how did you find C4 if you can still remember?
Jooeee
Why do you need to create a thread to say this? Tbf i don't care if you find it easy or not.

There is a bloody question that I am keen to get an answer to!!! Read the thread carefully if you want to make comments like this.
C4 Integration isn't hard- I don't think anyone says that, do they?
Some Vectors questions can be hard though, depending on how much you've practised, not in their method, but more in realising what's being asked of you.
Reply 6
Do you like maths?
Reply 7
generalebriety

C1 and C2 are easy and require no revision :smile:

C3 and C4 are relatively easy but need revision :biggrin:
Mighty Grandiose Noble Knight
I don't really know if I am good enough to say that I am good at Maths :confused:

Well, then you're better than the average A-level student at A-level maths. You're right, not many conclusions can be drawn from this...

Since you do Maths at Cambridge, how did you find C4 if you can still remember?

I found C4 pretty easy.
i found C4 a lot more straightforward than C3
than again I am a big boy.
Reply 10
the jump from GCSE to C1 and C2 must have been harder but once you figured out how to work at it the next jump C3 and C4 will have been easier as you have adapted more is my theory:biggrin:
Reply 11
There is a bloody question that I am keen to get an answer to!!! Read the thread carefully if you want to make comments like this.

Well tbh I couldn't be bothered once I realised what a prick you were. And tbh if you're arrogant in real-life, why not just ask them? If you are like what you sound on here, asking them a question like that probably won't make a difference since they likely disklike you for your arrogance anyway.

I don't think you'll really get a straight answer from TSR anyway, i'm sure most people on here find C4 easy.
Reply 12
C4 is reasonably straightforward provided you've been a good student up to the age of 16 (provided you are not doing it is as early as Small123), and as long as you go to a pretty good school. That's what I'd say for a competent individual. Someone with more 'natural' ability would find it easier still.

Oh, and if you've taught yourself all of C4 before actually studying at school, as I've found with the C1, C2 and C3 material, it becomes incredibly easy, to the point that you are guaranteed above 95% without revision.
Reply 13
I did my whole A level Maths this year since I'm doing Further Maths next year & I have to say that C4 was pretty easy, especially INTEGRATION! Setting up the bloody differential equation is much harder than integration ffs!

However, everyone finds integration hard? Why is this? I cannot comprehend when people say 'oh which method of integration do I use???' It is pretty obvious what you use & sometimes it even tells you so how can you mess up?

*Yes I know I sound arrogant & I sure am. Meet me in real life & you will definitely find out. But this is a serious question you see.

If it makes you anti-C4s happy than I will admit that C4 is much much harder than all the other core modules.

Thanks for making me happy.

Integration isn't hard, it's getting the results that require actual numbers D: I can't be sure I have all the numerical answers that I have to get and also because many of the questions involve particularly long winded expansions with which I never fail to make stupid mess ups...

Differential equations are evil. Strange how none came up this year when pretty much all I worked on was that >:C
1 Economic Historian
C4 Integration isn't hard- I don't think anyone says that, do they?
Some Vectors questions can be hard though, depending on how much you've practised, not in their method, but more in realising what's being asked of you.

They do especially the teachers as they kept warning us from the day we opened our C4 book.

Yes the vectors seem harder than integration.
Reply 15

:yep:

erm...who cares? This thread is pointless. Some people find C4 easy, some don't. You can't really ask why people don't find it easy, perhaps they don't have the same aptitude for maths as you do. The same could be said for some other subject you find difficult and someone else finds easy.
KSP
erm...who cares?

The OP. If you don't, you know where the little red 'x' button is...
MGIL
the jump from GCSE to C1 and C2 must have been harder but once you figured out how to work at it the next jump C3 and C4 will have been easier as you have adapted more is my theory:biggrin:

I share your thoughts here buddy.
Reply 18
I have asked them you fag. I am just interested in all answers I get as I am very curios. I have openly admitted my arrogance. What the **** is your problem you c***?

Not all arrogant people are disliked.

Just before the C4 exam there was a thread about it & everyone was struggling with the integration bit ffs. Sort it out.

Never said all arrogant people were disliked. Read my post properly if you are going to say that.

All I can't see is why you ask this question - yet fill over half the post about how easy you find it and blah blah blah. Why not just ask the question.

I found C3 integration harder than C4 if you're interested. Though after reading it through a few more times and getting used to a few questions, it's "easy". I'd probably say that's the same for quite a few people.
Reply 19
generalebriety
The OP. If you don't, you know where the little red 'x' button is...

I don't need to be told what do thanks. The thread seems like a way for the OP to show off how easy they find maths which i find annoying so i was just expressing my view on the matter.

Latest