The Student Room Group

Would you read Nick Griffin's autobiography?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Next debate should it be allowed in school libraries?
No. Biographies are usually dull.
necessarily benevolent
You don't need to buy to read. :rolleyes:

I like to have paper copies of books just for the convenience. E-books are pretty crap imo.
Hmm, I could read it and then dismiss it as rubbish. Or I could not read it all and dismiss it as rubbish straight out of hand.

(Nah, perhaps if I got curious I would...)
pinkpenguin
Read: Of course, much lulz to be had by reading it.

Buy: Hells no. I'd go out of my way to 'buy' it by some mythical criminal piracy immigrant who would be repatriated, and who had copied it by hand and sold it on the black market.

Again, for the lulz.

Or you could just get it out of the library...

but I guess that wouldn't be as much fun
Yes, I would. While perhaps I don't agree with all of his views, the man is by no means an idiot, and I personally feel he is a very interesting individual. Also, to try and compare the modern BNP party to the German Nazi party as absurd, however, I not sure if there are many people that ignorant.

If you want to look at it from another angle, I'd rather read Nick Griffin's autobiography than the autobiography of some left-wing, millitant thug (ie Unite Against Facism, Greenpeace, etc), many people in those organisations are nothing more than thugs.
burninginme
Also, to try and compare the modern BNP party to the German Nazi party as absurd, however, I not sure if there are many people that ignorant.

He's called Oswy :rolleyes:
Reply 27
yes
Reply 28
No, thank you.
Reply 29
If it was written well enough, I would read it.
I would read PETER Griffin's autobiography :teeth:

:love:
Maybe.
Might be interesting to see how he got to where he is now and how his views and opinions grew and developed, political and personal views.
Original post by l’&#941
I would read it. I'm wondering what made him turn out this way, did he get abused like hitler? hmmm....

same, sometimes people are stupid for a reason. i'd be curious as to make makes him tick but some other person can discover that.
Reply 33
Nope, because in buying it I would be making small gains for him.
I doubt that he is a good writer, so no I wouldn't.
thunder_chunky
Maybe.
Might be interesting to see how he got to where he is now and how his views and opinions grew and developed, political and personal views.

I can answer those in four words:

Poverty, Stupidity, Ignorance and Miseducation :yep:
Don_Scott
I doubt that he is a good writer, so no I wouldn't.

What makes you say that?
Reply 37
I wouldn't buy it, but I would read it.
I certainly wouldn't burn it.

I doubt it would be that close to the thruth, though.
The fact that Griffin is an educated person would make it an interesting read.
necessarily benevolent
What makes you say that?

Just his general manner, vocabulary and so on makes it seem like he wouldn't be such a good writer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending