The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

ooh it also increases quality and econmies of scale
Reply 81
kay123
what are the advantages and disadvantages of cell production?!?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=117779

There's some information on cell production within my post I've linked to.
Reply 82
Have a go at these written by yours truely :wink:

Question 1 - 6 Marks

Give the advantages and disadvantages on the introduction of cell production

Question 2 - 3 Marks each

(a) State the Advantages and Disadvantages on Lings decision to create Weifoods as a LTD rather than a Sole Trader.

(b) Do you think the role of a LTD benefited Ling and Jack or Hindered them, explain your answer.

(c) Do you think Weifoods could benefit in the future from being a PLC?

Question 3 - 15 Marks

To what extent do you believe that the development of Wei Foods LTD could have been assisted by the adoption of a clear set of aims and objectives?

Question 4 - 15 Marks

Carry out a SWOT analysis of Wei foods. On this Basis explain whether you think the company should undertake expansion into France to meet the Carnefour contract

Question 5 - 10 Marks

Evaluate the skills Jack and Ling have displayed and the skills they have not displayed in the start-up and running of their businesses. Do these skills conclude they are good entrepenuers?
whoa ur studyin BS for 4 years, murder! gd luck to u
Reply 84
Aplin, I like how question 4 refers to Wei Foods Ltd as Wei Side foods :biggrin:.
Reply 85
guys i really dnt get how u wud anssa question 2...
bloddy hell, and i fort i knew ma stuff...
Reply 86
Thanks Joe ^^

Wei Side foods . - Testing you wasn't I :wink:
Reply 87
Aplin
Thanks Joe ^^

Wei Side foods . - Testing you wasn't I :wink:

I thought you were taking some sort of rapper approach, West Side Foods or something...who knows :-p
Reply 88
(a) State the Advantages and Disadvantages on Lings decision to create Weifoods as a LTD rather than a Sole Trader.
Explain what and LTD is and how its better then a sole trader

(b) Do you think the role of a LTD benefited Ling and Jack or Hindered them, explain your answer.
What did becoming an LTD do for Ling and Jack? Think about what as LTD is and then apply it to this question. Take points from (a)

Think more buyers, Think advertisement, Media attension, people see PLCs bigger
Reply 89
lol @ N9ne I waz tnkin bout it innit :P

nah, probably just bad word association, edited it now though :biggrin: hehe
Reply 90
Aplin
Explain what and LTD is and how its better then a sole trader

What did becoming an LTD do for Ling and Jack? Think about what as LTD is and then apply it to this question. Take points from (a)

Think more buyers, Think advertisement, Media attension, people see PLCs bigger

Actually, for (c), the best answer would be source of finance. An IPO or flotation can produce large amounts of money for the company to spend, which can fund further expansion. The psychological effect on customers isn't the main benefit.

There's potential in that question for it to be a 6 marker on its own actually...such as...

Question: Explain the advantages and disadvantages to Wei Foods Ltd of becoming a public limited company (plc). [6 marks]
Reply 91
By buyers I was meaning the large amount of money coming it. There will be more of them and maybe prepared to pay a higher price than an LTD. Although its not a main benefit you won't lose marks on commenting on things, although maybe time... and even though not large, it is surely a benefit all the same.

Yea, Mine was a 7 mark on its own but I thought I would break it down and make you think more about the different issues :wink: Also its easier hehe.

N9ne, I sent you a PM by the way :smile:
Reply 92
Aplin
By buyers I was meaning the large amount of money coming it. There will be more of them and maybe prepared to pay a higher price than an LTD. Although its not a main benefit you won't lose marks on commenting on things, although maybe time... and even though not large, it is surely a benefit all the same.

Yea, Mine was a 7 mark on its own but I thought I would break it down and make you think more about the different issues :wink: Also its easier hehe.

N9ne, I sent you a PM by the way :smile:

And I replied to your PM :wink:.

There's a certain amount of ambiguity referencing shareholders as buyers though - a clear distinction should be made, or no reference to who's buying, but instead, just say that it's a good method for raising large amounts of financial capital.
Unit 3 is worth a very lovely 120 marks and despite the fact that it comes second, the papers aren't too long. If you look at the links to last year's papers, you'll see (i think) that they are the same length.
Reply 94
love2learn
Unit 3 is worth a very lovely 120 marks and despite the fact that it comes second, the papers aren't too long. If you look at the links to last year's papers, you'll see (i think) that they are the same length.

Yeah, I think they're both 53 marks each, and have the same mark structuring (e.g. 6, 8, 15, 6, 15). Although I have a feeling Unit 3 is 54 marks, not 53, there's 4 marks for QWC instead of 3.
Em444
but how? coz i sware unit 3 is worth more than unit 1 and 2? like is it something like unit 1 is worth 30% of AS, unit 2 30% and unit 3 40%?

im not sure actually! i just remember thinking how unfair it is that unit 3 is worth the most and its at the end

em xxx

My last post was a reply to this post
Another thing:

Last year they made us work out an exchange which most of us weren't expecting.
I'm guessing they won't do it 2 years running, but you can't be too sure with these examiners!
Reply 97
Last year they made us work out an exchange which most of us weren't expecting.
I'm guessing they won't do it 2 years running, but you can't be too sure with these examiners!
That sucked -_- it was really hard :frown: (Screwloose one)
Reply 98
-----------------------------------------------------------
Logging off to revise now, I have printed everything up to this point to read before bed tonight and any thing added I will either pick up tonight before I go to bed or tommorow morning when I wake up :smile:
Thanks to everyone who has taken part up until now and I am sure you guys have all added to my grades a huge amount. I hope I have helped do the same for you, sleep well I will probably go to bed at 2/3 and get up at 9/10 for revision and leave to college at 12:30.
Again thanks and I expect to here from you all tommorow about how easy/hard the exam was... BYE!
ye u also put carnefoods, carne foods? ey i may b a bit outta d8 bt oh well betta l8 then l8r

Latest

Trending

Trending