The Student Room Group

Doing exams in a different order

I am doing an A2 part of a course during my gap year. Is it possible for the examinations officer to enter me for a unit 5 exam in january, and unit 4 and unit 6 (coursework) in june? The reason for this is that I want more time to be spent on revising unit 4 and doing unit 6 coursework. Unit 5 is easier to handle and revise.
I think so. When I did AVCE ICT, I did Unit 2 in January and all the other units in May/June.
Reply 2
trev
I am doing an A2 part of a course during my gap year. Is it possible for the examinations officer to enter me for a unit 5 exam in january, and unit 4 and unit 6 (coursework) in june? The reason for this is that I want more time to be spent on revising unit 4 and doing unit 6 coursework. Unit 5 is easier to handle and revise.

there are set dates for coursework to be sent in, (usually around Easter)
theoretically the rest is possible but my examinations officer would be like "you'll take what you're given"
Reply 3
kellywood_5
I think so. When I did AVCE ICT, I did Unit 2 in January and all the other units in May/June.

I guess I could ask my teacher or examinations officer to enter unit 5 in january and unit 4 and 6 in june during my gap year then.

Loopz
there are set dates for coursework to be sent in, (usually around Easter)
theoretically the rest is possible but my examinations officer would be like "you'll take what you're given"

Yeah, there are set dates for coursework, and they will be the same every year. My teacher will tell me this before hand. I am planning to do finish the coursework a month before the sending deadline for coursework.
Reply 4
It depends on the availabilityo f the exams. For example, with A2 psych, you can sit all three modules in both January and June, but for say, edexcel politics, you can only sit unit 5 during the summer. You need to go o the exam board website and find out if you can do what you suggest.
if the exam is available then yes i retok unit 2 of phy in jan but doin unit one retake in june.
Reply 6
plz help me
u know my previouse centre has not decline my grade and they r still not doing it after i have said them so many times.they r against me coz i left their school.
plz tell me wot can i do if they didn't decline i would left with no certification of A level chemistry.
my uni offer is A level chemtry at A grade.but wot would happen
plz if any1 of u have any advice .tell me how can i sort out this problem.coz talking to my previouse centre is no hope
so any advice will be helpful
could any other centre decline my grade?
plz pm me
Reply 7
StarBlueUK
It depends on the availabilityo f the exams. For example, with A2 psych, you can sit all three modules in both January and June, but for say, edexcel politics, you can only sit unit 5 during the summer. You need to go o the exam board website and find out if you can do what you suggest.

I checked the availability, that unit 4 & 5 can be sat in january or june, and unit 6 is during the summer only. The reason I wanted to sit unit 5 in january is that the content of that unit is easier to revise, thus I could revise the stuff faster and do it in january. For unit 4, I would need a long time to revise as the stuff is harder, so therefore I want to do it in june.

Everything is sorted out. However, I will ask my examinations officer to enter me for unit 5 in jan and unit 4 and 6 in june. Hope they will let me do this.

Latest