The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
How the **** do you backup a hero without rooting the phone? don't want to root my phone because i still want my warranty

http://www.cyrket.com/search?q=backup

MyBackup is good, only lasts 30 days though.
mikeyd85
http://www.cyrket.com/search?q=backup

MyBackup is good, only lasts 30 days though.

i was using the trial version just a few seconds ago but i can't seem to find any of the folders in my sd card when i look on astro file manager :s makes me thing that nothing has gone through and i'm not prepared to update my phone until i'm 100% sure everything has been backed up
i was using the trial version just a few seconds ago but i can't seem to find any of the folders in my sd card when i look on astro file manager :s makes me thing that nothing has gone through and i'm not prepared to update my phone until i'm 100% sure everything has been backed up

SDCARD\Rerware\MyBackup :wink:
mikeyd85
SDCARD\Rerware\MyBackup :wink:

where the **** would we htc hero users be without you :smile: cheers
where the **** would we htc hero users be without you :smile: cheers

:awesome: Maybe not even using Heroes! :eek:
mikeyd85
:awesome: Maybe not even using Heroes! :eek:

very true :p:

another question - this ones even more retarded - how do you switch on an htc hero quickly? because i have to wait a minute for green man thing to come on then another minute or two for the htc thing to stop shining
ffs my hero has just died............ i restored everything now my phones just broke, got things overlapping and all over the place -.-..........
very true :p:

another question - this ones even more retarded - how do you switch on an htc hero quickly? because i have to wait a minute for green man thing to come on then another minute or two for the htc thing to stop shining

Never turn it off! :awesome:

It is slow to boot...

ffs my hero has just died............ i restored everything now my phones just broke, got things overlapping and all over the place -.-..........

:sad:

bad times.
mikeyd85

:sad:

bad times.

indeed however, a simple restart sorted it :biggrin: i was actually ******** myself as well because nothing was how it should have been with favourite people overlapping my clock (which wasn't the one i backed up) which appeared on several pages and lots of random shortcuts dotted everywhere else.

However, what does this new update even do? :s
indeed however, a simple restart sorted it :biggrin: i was actually ******** myself as well because nothing was how it should have been with favourite people overlapping my clock (which wasn't the one i backed up) which appeared on several pages and lots of random shortcuts dotted everywhere else.

Wahoo! :biggrin:

Errr... which update you doing? ROM or Donut?
mikeyd85
Wahoo! :biggrin:

Errr... which update you doing? ROM or Donut?

ROM - the one off the htc website.

Donut?

Donut?

Donut is the next update to the operating system (1.6) http://crave.cnet.co.uk/mobiles/0,39029453,49303888,00.htm

Donut?

Nice. Makes things a lot smoother to use. That's about it.

Donut is v1.6 of Android, but I wouldn't worry about that yet! :wink:

I had that on one of my screens, restarted it and it went away
Reply 394
mikeyd85

Then theres eclair :biggrin: .....which follows after donut I guess :p:
wizard710
Donut is the next update to the operating system (1.6) http://crave.cnet.co.uk/mobiles/0,39029453,49303888,00.htm

mikeyd85

Guessing it's only for rooted users?

-WhySoSerious?
I had that on one of my screens, restarted it and it went away

i had them on all the screens, i **** bricks :p:

oh how's your course going btw
i had them on all the screens, i **** bricks

oh how's your course going btw

i thought it looked like when windows crashes and you get all the windows coming through each other, wasn't that worried xD

Its not too bad, had my first day - economics history lecture was pretty interesting, general one was a bit crap but they're doing it for people who haven't even got economics a level >_>

hows yours?
-WhySoSerious?
i thought it looked like when windows crashes and you get all the windows coming through each other, wasn't that worried xD

Its not too bad, had my first day - economics history lecture was pretty interesting, general one was a bit crap but they're doing it for people who haven't even got economics a level >_>

hows yours?

excuse me? first day?!!! i'm on my 3rd week here lol and yea i know what you mean. Wait until you hit the maths though (assuming you have a pure maths module) fml

Mixed feelings really. Hard and boring :p: wouldn't say i'm enjoying it but that's life, work is never enjoyable
excuse me? first day?!!! i'm on my 3rd week here lol and yea i know what you mean. Wait until you hit the maths though (assuming you have a pure maths module) fml

Mixed feelings really. Hard and boring wouldn't say i'm enjoying it but that's life, work is never enjoyable

yeah, i have a statistical theory one tomorrow...though i could change to the easy version :P

and yep, always true.

loads of chinese people here though ...must make up 40% of the campus. they all speak to each other in chinese as well which is pretty annoying
-WhySoSerious?
yeah, i have a statistical theory one tomorrow...though i could change to the easy version :P

and yep, always true.

loads of chinese people here though ...must make up 40% of the campus. they all speak to each other in chinese as well which is pretty annoying

lol yea i expected a lot of chinese kids but not as many as there actually are :eek: and i can imagine it being annoying but i can speak it so it's alright for me :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending