The Student Room Group

Does it matter if I get refurbished Iphone from a mobile service provider

Would be from like 3, O2 etc does it make any difference would be iPhone 11 or 12
Matter in what way...?
Reply 2
Original post by artful_lounger
Matter in what way...?

Like is battery life any weaker, are they usually aesthetically worse for wear, slower etc...
Original post by graio
Like is battery life any weaker, are they usually aesthetically worse for wear, slower etc...

Well probably yes on all counts, which is why they're cheaper. Refurbed phones can be quite hit and miss - you can get one that is cheaper and almost like new, but you can also get ones that were clearly on their last legs before they got refurbed (supposedly these would get filtered out but I have heard quite often that this isn't always the case - in fact I've even heard of situations where supposedly new phones that were just returned to places like carphone warehouse had all the proprietary components stripped out and replaced with generic brand ones in order to make a profit on selling the proprietary batteries etc by themselves).

So it is at your risk as the consumer, make sure you are aware of their returns policy and be comfortable that it covers cases where the phone was clearly just, not very good and you want to return. If you are sensible about things you can minimise the odds of a bad outcome (and at the very least ensure you aren't out of pocket as a result).
Well probably yes on all counts, which is why they're cheaper. Refurbed phones can be quite hit and miss - you can get one that is cheaper and almost like new, but you can also get ones that were clearly on their last legs before they got refurbed (supposedly these would get filtered out but I have heard quite often that this isn't always the case - in fact I've even heard of situations where supposedly new phones that were just returned to places like carphone warehouse had all the proprietary components stripped out and replaced with generic brand ones in order to make a profit on selling the proprietary batteries etc by themselves).

So it is at your risk as the consumer, make sure you are aware of their returns policy and be comfortable that it covers cases where the phone was clearly just, not very good and you want to return. If you are sensible about things you can minimise the odds of a bad outcome (and at the very least ensure you aren't out of pocket as a result).

Do you recommend refurbished chairs btw? Thinking of getting a haworth zody refurbished for 270 pounds refurbished whilst retail price could be 800 pounds
Original post by Destoinyt-etete
Do you recommend refurbished chairs btw? Thinking of getting a haworth zody refurbished for 270 pounds refurbished whilst retail price could be 800 pounds

Actually yes lol - I have a second hand/refurbished Herman Miller chair which was considerably cheaper than the RRP and is great :biggrin: A proper ergonomic office chair is far better than these "gamer chairs" that are all the rage!

Especially if you have to sit at a desk for long periods of time for work or similar!
Actually yes lol - I have a second hand/refurbished Herman Miller chair which was considerably cheaper than the RRP and is great :biggrin: A proper ergonomic office chair is far better than these "gamer chairs" that are all the rage!

Especially if you have to sit at a desk for long periods of time for work or similar!

thank you.. lol yeah the back is really important
Reply 7
No, I use an okay condition iPhone X for facial tracking.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending