The Student Room Group

about a phone

so I was wondering can your parents take your phone well my phone cuz I'm 17 almost turning 18 in November
Can they in what way?

Physically? Probably unless you're really buff and they're pretty small.

Legally? Potentially a grey area depending on who paid for it etc, although equally I don't think a court is going to hear a case from you suing your parents for taking your phone. Equally if you call the police saying your parents "stole" your phone I think they aren't going to be well pleased about it

Morally? It's pretty typical in many cultures including Western ones for parents to remove access to devices as a punishment so I don't think you have much argument there.
Original post by artful_lounger
Can they in what way?
Physically? Probably unless you're really buff and they're pretty small.
Legally? Potentially a grey area depending on who paid for it etc, although equally I don't think a court is going to hear a case from you suing your parents for taking your phone. Equally if you call the police saying your parents "stole" your phone I think they aren't going to be well pleased about it
Morally? It's pretty typical in many cultures including Western ones for parents to remove access to devices as a punishment so I don't think you have much argument there.
so apparently i got in trouble for something small and i'm pretty short and one of my parents are like tall. i payed for my phone.
Original post by HouseOFhollow6
so apparently i got in trouble for something small and i'm pretty short and one of my parents are like tall. i payed for my phone.

Well you are a minor living at home so you're probably just going to have to suck it up. Such is life.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending