The Student Room Group

Urgent Phone Recommendations After Breaking My Old One

Hi,
So, I broke my phone, but not in the usual shattered-screen way. The screen is intact, but it's completely unresponsive. As a university student, my phone is pretty much my lifeline, from scanning bus barcodes to staying updated on class info.
I need to replace it ASAP. I used to have a Huawei P Smart 2019, which served me well for over 5 years and cost a little over £200. I'm aware Huawei is no longer available in the UK, so I'm thinking of switching to an iPhone or finding something comparable.
My budget is around £500, and I can stretch it a bit if needed. Any recommendations for a good replacement phone would be greatly appreciated, as I'm in a hurry.
Thanks..
Reply 1
Original post by lanadiaz
Hi,
So, I broke my phone, but not in the usual shattered-screen way. The screen is intact, but it's completely unresponsive. As a university student, my phone is pretty much my lifeline, from scanning bus barcodes to staying updated on class info.
I need to replace it ASAP. I used to have a Huawei P Smart 2019, which served me well for over 5 years and cost a little over £200. I'm aware Huawei is no longer available in the UK, so I'm thinking of switching to an iPhone or finding something comparable.
My budget is around £500, and I can stretch it a bit if needed. Any recommendations for a good replacement phone would be greatly appreciated, as I'm in a hurry.
Thanks..

First off, sorry to hear your phone is broken!
The main recommendation I'd give is the iPhone X. It's retailing for around £250 currently, if you get a refurbished one from GAME or a store like that. I had an iPhone X until a couple of months ago, and I'd bought it in 2018. It still updates to the current iOS as far as I'm aware, so it should be all good!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending