The Student Room Group

Page hanging (unresponsive to swiping)

I'm frequently getting the page hanging (unresponsive to swiping). Not totally sure how to trigger it, but using the top-right 3-bar menu and then going back has caused it a couple of times (Android/Chrome,).
(edited 3 months ago)
@DFranklin think this is the last one for you! :smile:
Original post by DFranklin
I'm frequently getting the page hanging (unresponsive to swiping). Not totally sure how to trigger it, but using the top-right 3-bar menu and then going back has caused it a couple of times (Android/Chrome,).

Hi. Thanks for reporting this. I have found a way to reproduce the page hanging that I think you describe and wanted to check if this might be similar to the steps you followed?

On Android/Chrome - Start from the home

Click a thread in the feed to go to the new posts

Open the navigation menu (top-right 3-bar hamburger menu)

Click back with the menu open - the page reloads but will be unresponsive

This can also happen if you have clicked a new post link in the notifications menu since they also use the same URLs, its just easier to consistently reproduce from the home page. I've found it also happens if you have viewed more pages and then go back to the page where you first clicked the notification link, which makes it look a bit random.

Thanks again for your help identifying these issues. I'll put a ticket in our backlog for this bug and keep investigating if this doesn't sound like the issue you encountered.
Reply 3
Original post by PurpleAndGreen
Hi. Thanks for reporting this. I have found a way to reproduce the page hanging that I think you describe and wanted to check if this might be similar to the steps you followed?

On Android/Chrome - Start from the home

Click a thread in the feed to go to the new posts

Open the navigation menu (top-right 3-bar hamburger menu)

Click back with the menu open - the page reloads but will be unresponsive

This can also happen if you have clicked a new post link in the notifications menu since they also use the same URLs, its just easier to consistently reproduce from the home page. I've found it also happens if you have viewed more pages and then go back to the page where you first clicked the notification link, which makes it look a bit random.

Thanks again for your help identifying these issues. I'll put a ticket in our backlog for this bug and keep investigating if this doesn't sound like the issue you encountered.

Yes, this sounds like the same thing.
Yes, this sounds like the same thing.

Fab, thank you!

Hey - just wanted to check in and see if you were still experiencing this issue? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending