The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Kaph
Aye my contract for my iPhone 3G ran out last August, so bored of it now. What do you make of the N1? I really want the idea of Spotify in the background (L).

so far it's brilliant. android seems a lot more versatile (for my needs anyway) than what the iphone is running. the tracking ball seems pretty pointless so far unless there's a major need for it that i don't know about.
Reply 781
Roobsa
wait, so the unlocked handset will have multitouch? or will it be the vodaphone contracted ones only?

not 100% from what i've read vodafone will be selling a unlocked version as well.

God knows what they will do to the price though,
Reply 782
http://www.gsmarena.com/toshiba_tg01-2662.php

This phone has been released for 6 months, and it has the same snapdragon processor as the N1 and HD2. It was announced 1 year ago!

Snapdragon is already old, I think its best to wait. Qualcomm has announced a dual core 1.5GHz processor coming out later this year. I just hope that a manufacturer uses this processor on an Android phone as soon as it comes out. No Winmo crap. Why has it taken so long for an Android phone to use the snapdragon? I think this has held Android back.
Reply 783
having a slight issue with the space bar on the nexus one. where i naturally want to press it's not registering my touch which is slightly annoying.
Reply 784
Roobsa
having a slight issue with the space bar on the nexus one. where i naturally want to press it's not registering my touch which is slightly annoying.

Urgh :frown: I'm waiting for it on Voda. Maybe. The iPhone is ridiculously stale now. Does yours have multi-touch?
Reply 785
Kaph
Urgh :frown: I'm waiting for it on Voda. Maybe. The iPhone is ridiculously stale now. Does yours have multi-touch?

it doesn't no. i realised i'm not a big user of multitouch anyway so its not an issue for me. it's one touch and some zoom in/out buttons appear which is fine for my needs. i agree to some extent about the iphone. i've noticed a lot of people buying into it lately, glad i'm one of the first around my lot to get the nexus one.
Reply 786
Roobsa
single. but honestly thinking about, i hardly ever used multitouch on my iphone so it's not going to be a massive hindrance for me. as far as phones go, this one is pretty sexy.

How does the nexus compare to the iphone?
Roobsa
Nexus One is incredibly nice. Very smooth setup, installing apps takes seconds. So far, very happy!

Have you got it?
Reply 788
wizard710
Have you got it?

i have
I have the HTC Hero. It's great. Can't wait for the upgrade to 2.1. They said it'd be 'a few days' but that was 6 days ago. :-(
Roobsa
so far it's brilliant. android seems a lot more versatile (for my needs anyway) than what the iphone is running. the tracking ball seems pretty pointless so far unless there's a major need for it that i don't know about.

I love your avatar and so made my own
wizard710
I love your avatar and so made my own

which application uses those barcode thingys?
Reply 792
-WhySoSerious?
which application uses those barcode thingys?

Barcode Scanner. there's a couple but i think this is the most popular one. They're also called QR codes.
G8D
Google releasing source code is not the same as HTC taking the source code and adding SenseUI to it.

It could be months.

that said there has already been leaked images of the hero supposedly running 2.1
Roobsa
Barcode Scanner. there's a couple but i think this is the most popular one. They're also called QR codes.

that is the best one that I have found
Reply 795
Lets hope T-mobile do a cheap deal on the nexus phone :P
Well on the BBC website they did they say they plan to make it cheaper for everybody, well something along the lines of that, fingers crossed now.
I just got my new HTC Hero the other day and I'm loving it. But there are a few problems that I have:

I can only seem to add email contacts to the people widget. I don't have phone numbers attached to email addresses in my gmail, because my phone contacts and email have always been seperate. I can't be bothered to add them all in, so is there a way that I can add phone contacts (on the sim) to the people widget.

The messages widget is a bit sticky. Sometimes it won't allow me to scroll through the messages.

I find the gmail app to be pretty rubbish, it just displays your inbox with not extra options available on screen. The mobile version of the website is much better.

I can't seem to find any way to exit applications rather than just pressing back and leaving them running in the background. I have the advanced task killer, but it seems an illogical way of exiting applications.
biffyclyro27
I can't seem to find any way to exit applications rather than just pressing back and leaving them running in the background. I have the advanced task killer, but it seems an illogical way of exiting applications.

The Hero manages it's memory, and will exit apps if it needs to, otherwise it will leave them running.

Some apps have a proper exit built in, some dont. :smile:
mikeyd85
The Hero manages it's memory, and will exit apps if it needs to, otherwise it will leave them running.

Some apps have a proper exit built in, some dont. :smile:

Is there any benefit to me using advanced task killer to free up memory manually. It seemed to me that the device ran a lot slower when these tasks were still running in the background
biffyclyro27
Is there any benefit to me using advanced task killer to free up memory manually. It seemed to me that the device ran a lot slower when these tasks were still running in the background

Ofc there is. Use it :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending