The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone tried out the Layar app? Looks immense.
Danielle_D
Has anyone tried out the Layar app? Looks immense.

I have it but never tried it. I find that whenever i want to use it I am in a house
Carl
Anyone playing foursquare or Gowalla? Now 4sq is available everywhere I've signed up, but here in Cardiff there are only two spots to visit. Gowalla has loads of spots already in Cardiff, I think it's the one I'm going to stick with for the time being.

Gowalla is rather cool and has developed a lot now. Foursquare is no where near as a good but I guess it does the job.
Reply 983
I've had this rom on my Hero for a few days and its awesome:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=622468

Unfortunately, there are a number of problems but they're easy to live with. It's Android 2.1 with Sense on top and it just as fast as the stock rom. The maps app has the turn by turn navigation, and it has the 3d gallery app which works really well. Only thing I miss is multitouch in the gallery and browser but its still a beta so you would expect that.
Hey guys! I've finally decided that the Android for me is the Motorola Milestone. My current contract ended in January, and despite not being able to get a Milestone in a Vodafone store, I know you can get them on a vodafone contract on carphone warehouse... why is this?
Ok, I could do with some more applications. Getting rather bored of the stuff on my phone now
Reply 986
wizard710
Ok, I could do with some more applications. Getting rather bored of the stuff on my phone now

I bought Tower Raiders last night. really really good Tower Defense game. I originally wanted to check it out then get a refund but I think I'm going to keep it as it's quite addictive.
wizard710

Reply 988
I tried to buy an app the other day, then I realised (after having a hero for many months) that I can't buy apps from the US with my card... :frown:
Almost everytime I try to access the marketplace, I almost always get a network error. It's so annoying, anyone else have this. Is there a way around it? I always have a strong wifi connection when It happens.
biffyclyro27
Almost everytime I try to access the marketplace, I almost always get a network error. It's so annoying, anyone else have this. Is there a way around it? I always have a strong wifi connection when It happens.

I had this a week or so ago. It seemed to fix itself.
Reply 991
i think they've been updating the marketplace. i've seen a new featured apps thing underneath the category tabs at the top.
mikeyd85
I had this a week or so ago. It seemed to fix itself.

Mine has been doing it ever since I got the phone. It gets better or worse at times, but it's always a problem. I assumed it was a problem with the marketplace, but it seems like it isn't. Any suggestions as to what it could be?
biffyclyro27
Mine has been doing it ever since I got the phone. It gets better or worse at times, but it's always a problem. I assumed it was a problem with the marketplace, but it seems like it isn't. Any suggestions as to what it could be?

:dontknow:

Maybe a poor connection to the net?
mikeyd85
:dontknow:

Maybe a poor connection to the net?

no, I'm pretty sure it's not that as I am using the same wifi that I use on my pc and I get like 4 bars
Just got my Hero :smile:
Trying to set up the Exchange ActiveSync account to my hotmail account (trying to add contacts from facebook!) and it says that it failed to connect to the Exchange server..
anybody got a reason/answer/way to make it work!? I don't wanna add in all my contacts manually!
G8D
May seem like a stupid question.. but are you connected to some form of internet?

Yeah, wifi
Disconfigured
Just got my Hero :smile:
Trying to set up the Exchange ActiveSync account to my hotmail account (trying to add contacts from facebook!) and it says that it failed to connect to the Exchange server..
anybody got a reason/answer/way to make it work!? I don't wanna add in all my contacts manually!

Exchange is something used for businesses. You want Other POP3/IMAP, then just type your Hotmail details in to the next screen et voila!
has this update been released yet? :frown:
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
has this update been released yet? :frown:

Which one, 2.1 for the hero?

Latest

Trending

Trending