The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

no :frown:

then another 3 weeks after that no doubt :frown:
G8D
2.1 brings nothing major apart from access to a few apps and glassier sense. Have patience **** sake :P

This. :rolleyes:

It'll come when it comes. If you can't wait, go to the xda forums!
mikeyd85
This. :rolleyes:

It'll come when it comes. If you can't wait, go to the xda forums!

I've started thinking about that and probably will root after my warranty expires
G8D
2.1 brings nothing major apart from access to a few apps and glassier sense. Have patience **** sake :P

I need something to look forward to.
Unfortunately I'm bored of my Hero .. 2 months into a 24 month contract.. opps?
Reply 1184
I need a new phone - would like an android but I'm being tight.

Orange have the motorola dext for £149 on payg, which would mean i wouldn't have to change my sim.

With my sim i get enough minutes/texts if i top up by £10 and also free facebook.twitter/bebo. However other internet is charged.

Is it worth getting an android ohne or wll i end up paying alot on top to get the most out of the phone? bearing in mind it has wifi i can use on campus/at work
G8D
Then you're doing it wrong.

7 months in and I'm still loving it.

I still love mine but there are apps that I would like to download. Particularly google translate for animals :wink:
I just spent last month [couldn't top up enough to get my free net :frown: ] without internet on my Heroo. Oh god I nearly died. I never realised I relied on the hero so much for internet.

I luffff my hero so much :smile:
Ducklighter
I just spent last month [couldn't top up enough to get my free net :frown: ] without internet on my Heroo. Oh god I nearly died. I never realised I relied on the hero so much for internet.

I luffff my hero so much :smile:

It's funny how the Hero feels incomplete when not connected to the net.
mikeyd85
It's funny how the Hero feels incomplete when not connected to the net.

I knowww. It was weird. It felt just like a phone, and I was like ohmygodd!

WIth the internet the phone is spectacutalar.
Reply 1189
Just installed this version of 2.1 on my magic and my first impressions are that:

-It's very quick compared to my old Hero rom
-I miss the phonebook from the Sense UI, how do I get it back!?!

It's awesome though otherwise.
Carl
Just installed this version of 2.1 on my magic and my first impressions are that:

-It's very quick compared to my old Hero rom
-I miss the phonebook from the Sense UI, how do I get it back!?!

It's awesome though otherwise.

I guess you could look in some other parts of the xda forums and see if any of the devs have made an apk or similar from it
G8D
Then you're doing it wrong.

7 months in and I'm still loving it.

How do I do it right? :frown:
G8D
Steal apps :wink:

Sounds riveting. After reading how you can get virus' and such from apps, I've put myself on app hold for the moment. :frown:
Reply 1193
Am I the only one who can't find Twidroid on the app market? After installing 2.1 it's the only app I can't find (and yes I did have an old version backed up on my SD card but that won't work because I need to upgrade!).
A word of warning to android users. Recently I changed my email address, My old one wasn't particularly suitable so I decided to start phasing it out and using my other one. I realised that I needed to change the account that was synced with my phone. I looked through all the settings and I couldn't find a way to do it I searched the internet and found a tutorial claiming that if you clear the data from google apps in application manager, you can then go back into sync options and input the new email details. So I did that, only when I input the detals and tried to connect, it said that it couldn't establish a reliable connection with the server, no matter what email I tried putting in. I searched this, and found that sometimes this happens to people who clear the google apps data and even to some people when they get the phone new. The only way around this is to do a hard factory reset.

So, after deciding to do a factory reset, I thought I should back up my data, so I downloaded and installed mybackup (which I had to do from my PC as you can't access the marketplace without an email registered) and I backed up my data and apps to the sd card ( I wasn't able to backup online it said there was some kind of database error). After resetting the phone, I installed mybackup and tried to restore everything only to be told that it couldn't retrieve the datastore. Luckily I had all my contacts backed up through wavesecure.

Moral of the story - changing your email address on Android is stupidly difficult and Mybackup is *****...

Also, can anyone recommend me a decent backup app for when I come to switch to 2.1
G8D
Lol, virus.

Don't laugh at my incompetence.
see this screen?

http://www.slashphone.com/media/data/1620/medium/HTC-Desire.jpg

Do you think we will get anything that or a similiar screen for that for the HTC Hero do you think with the 2.1? I think it looks well awesome :smile:
Reply 1197
Ducklighter
see this screen?

Huh? Apart from the different default wallpaper, it looks exactly like the Sense UI that we already have on the Hero...

I think the only main update to Sense in 2.1 is the thing where you can 'zoom out' to see all your pages simultaneously.
matt7
Huh? Apart from the different default wallpaper, it looks exactly like the Sense UI that we already have on the Hero...

I think the only main update to Sense in 2.1 is the thing where you can 'zoom out' to see all your pages simultaneously.

:frown: *pout* I want that wallpaper [blatently the word I was looking for but forgotton 2 minutes ago. :rolleyes: ]
Ducklighter
:frown: *pout* I want that wallpaper [blatently the word I was looking for but forgotton 2 minutes ago. :rolleyes: ]

http://media.photobucket.com/image/htc%20desire%20default%20background/cbmothy/default_wallpaper.jpg

Just download it from there. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending