The Student Room Group

Toothpaste in eye alert!!! Ahh helpppp!!!!!

Ok so I just accidently got some toothpaste in one of my eyes.

Basicaly I had an itch in the eye and forgot I had a bit of toothpaste on my finger. In goes the toothpaste:eek:

But it only went on the tip of my eye, not actually in if you know what I mean?

It did however tingle for a few seconds and feel mint fresh:p: too until I got in all of a panic and rinsed out with water about 5 times. I hope this did the trick though I'm not good with putting anything near my eye so the water will have only got to the tip too. I just hope during my bad rush the toothpaste didn't move into the main part of my eye!

Now an hour later there's no stinging or freshness, just a weird strained feeling, probably from closing and opening it so much and testing how good it still was.

Anyone done this before? Please say it's not harmful even if it does get in your eye? Do I now need to cry for a few days?:biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Well that was clever

wash your hands first before itching

and don't itch because it makes the pain worse
Reply 2
I did get a bit of toothpaste splashed into my eye this morning. I simply blinked then it went away :smile: Based on that, no it's not harmful, i can still see fine..
Reply 3
Why was the title made so urgent when you have already sorted it. If you have a first aid box, inside should be a little container the shape of an eye saying eye wash, boil some water, allow it to cool, then fill the eyewash, keeping your eyeopen put the eyewash over the eye. It will feel a little odd. This will hopefully rinse it out
khalaf
I did get a bit of toothpaste splashed into my eye this morning. I simply blinked then it went away :smile: Based on that, no it's not harmful, i can still see fine..

Thanks v much khalaf :smile: Happens more often than I thought then eh?:wink: :biggrin:

Gee I'm so frigging clumsy. Not too long ago it was aftershave!!:rolleyes: That stung baddd was a direct hit!:eek: Things like this immediatly make me wake up from the things I moan about in life and realise how lucky most of us are to have our sight, smell etc:smile:
DVDA
Well that was clever

I know, I'm a stupid idiot.
What everyone else is saying really + if its stinging you or whatever, you should probably be resting it, rather than having it stare at a pc screen.
when something gets in your eye that stings, u must follow this simple formula- straight away!

eyeball + water from tap = end of all earthy problems*

*eternal happiness not guaranteed
Reply 8
I've done that before; not because I poked my eye, but because I have an electric toothbrush and when I pulled it out of my mouth a few specks of it flew into my eye. It felt very... cold :p: But it wasn't long until it was back to normal. I did rinse it out with water though, so you could try that?
Reply 9
questionsquestions
I know, I'm a stupid idiot.

lol

it wont do anything

if you had a small amount its fine, if you literally put half the tube in then your fuKed
raspberryice
when something gets in your eye that stings, u must follow this simple formula- straight away!

eyeball + water from tap = end of all earthy problems*

*eternal happiness not guaranteed

Wow, cheers Effy. Sorry - raspberryice!:smile:
questionsquestions
Wow, cheers Effy. Sorry - raspberryice!:smile:

You should heed her advice, since she's been there and done just about everything!

:cool: shes so cool...:biggrin:
Reply 12
you think that's bad, I got vick's vapo rub in my eye once :o:

similarly to the OP, I had an itch and forgot that I had some vapo rub still on my finger :sad:
raspberryice
You should heed her advice, since she's been there and done just about everything!

:cool: shes so cool...:biggrin:

Damn right:biggrin: But please ask her why they're cutting the next series from 10 eps to 8 :frown:
Cool Cat
you think that's bad, I got vick's vapo rub in my eye once :o:

similarly to the OP, I had an itch and forgot that I had some vapo rub still on my finger :sad:

Aww nos:frown:

But it's Vicks, the curer of everything in the universe!:wink: :biggrin:

You ok now?:smile: And thanks.
Reply 15
I guess toothpaste companies are now going to have to put Warning: do not use near the eye on the packaging?

Just to ensure they don't get sued :biggrin:
Reply 16
Lol, awww. Your situation is funny ^^
You'll be fine, I hope.
Reply 17
questionsquestions
Aww nos:frown:

But it's Vicks, the curer of everything in the universe!:wink: :biggrin:

You ok now?:smile: And thanks.

hehe :h:

It happened in the middle of the night and I just blinked loads and sort of though mehhh and went back to sleep lol

yeah, I'm fine thanks, was okay straightaway. Hope you feel better yourself soon :smile:
Keep it away from an organ lower down on the body. Stings like hell.
A glob of toothpaste flew up into my eye res closing the cap on my toothpaste.

Quick Reply

Latest