The Student Room Group

A problem that needs helpppp!!!!!

So I’m studying IB at a school for boys but mixed sixth form (I used to be in an all girls school). People say I’m quite pretty, attractive as I’m tall, slim and mixed and have nice features. I also have a very bubbly, extroverted, outgoing, funny personality. If I’m like this why do the guys I like not pay attention to me? The guys I don’t have a crush on give me attention and plus why am I not popular? I know that I shouldn’t think about popularity and being in the popular group but sometimes I feel jealous of those girls who are. Like, I am popular but not in THAT way to be w guys like that in a mixed friend group as I don’t drink, vape, post on social media, go to parties etx. This seems so superficial of me but I just want my desired guys to like me. Am I unlikeable or smth because of my bubbly personality? As I always try make ppl feel included, entertained and enjoy our conversations. Correct me if I’m wrong but these days do guys not like a friendly girl? Also, when guys talk to me, why is the conversation a bit dry? Like I try hold it and everything as I’m chatty and sociable but why is it just like small talk?? What am I meant to yalk with a guy? And plus I don’t like the fact that there are just girl or guy friend groups - no mixed unless ur popular or alr know them - help me with this? Sorry for my rant I just after a long time of being w girls I wanna just have a crush who likes me back so I can experience teen love. I probs didn’t make any sense but pls help me in some way
Reply 1
You've answered your own question. You don't like everybody you meet, so not everyone who meets you will like you. What do you define as 'teen love', anyway?

A relationship will be with someone compatible and you'll find then that the conversation will flow. It doesn't have to be with a clone who shares all the same interests and ambitions. Don't sweat it, and just enjoy life as it comes.
Reply 2
Original post by Surnia
You've answered your own question. You don't like everybody you meet, so not everyone who meets you will like you. What do you define as 'teen love', anyway?

A relationship will be with someone compatible and you'll find then that the conversation will flow. It doesn't have to be with a clone who shares all the same interests and ambitions. Don't sweat it, and just enjoy life as it comes.

I know it seems like I answered my question but I’m likeable as I always make the person I’m in a convo w have a great time with laughter and good spirits. And teen love I’m saying as in smth unserious in long term and just as an experience to have without pressure to date to marry as we’re still young.
Eh?? Again, just because you like a guy doesn’t mean he’s going to like you. And even if you’re a bubbly, extroverted person guys get along with that doesn’t mean they’re automatically going to be sexually and romantically attracted to you, it’s sounding a little entitled if I’m being honest.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
I always make the person I’m in a convo w have a great time with laughter and good spirits.

Original post by Anonymous
Also, when guys talk to me, why is the conversation a bit dry? Like I try hold it and everything as I’m chatty and sociable but why is it just like small talk??

So which is it, great conversation or dry small talk? Making people laugh doesn't make you interesting enough for guys to want a relationship. As you said, it can come across as superficial.
Original post by Surnia
So which is it, great conversation or dry small talk? Making people laugh doesn't make you interesting enough for guys to want a relationship. As you said, it can come across as superficial.

I have a crush on a guy, and I told one of my friends I did. That friend said she also thinks the guy I like ,also likes me. He shows some signs, even if its in a platonic way, like making eye contact when we are talking to each other, looking at me when I wasn’t looking at him but talking to someone else in the group, coming up to talk to me, and I make him laugh and i’m a bit nervous when we are alone together, I think he is also nervous too. Maybe he is uncomfortable with me? He is a little shy. We are both a little shy, I would say we are the same mix of extrovert and introvert. and I feel we both put energy into keeping conversations flowing. I know I must really like him because I feel jealous when he is with other girls. I also feel my friend also likes him, as she was flirting with him, and when he is with her, he looks more comfortable and i’m hurt as she’s the only one in the friend group that knows I have a crush on him. And I feel like he might like her better now. He said to me that she was really nice once.What should I do to just forget about him and focus in my studies.
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Ellievanilla
I have a crush on a guy, and I told one of my friends I did. That friend said she also thinks the guy I like ,also likes me. He shows some signs, even if its in a platonic way, like making eye contact when we are talking to each other, looking at me when I wasn’t looking at him but talking to someone else in the group, coming up to talk to me, and I make him laugh and i’m a bit nervous when we are alone together, I think he is also nervous too. Maybe he is uncomfortable with me? He is a little shy. We are both a little shy, I would say we are the same mix of extrovert and introvert. and I feel we both put energy into keeping conversations flowing. I know I must really like him because I feel jealous when he is with other girls. I also feel my friend also likes him, as she was flirting with him, and when he is with her, he looks more comfortable and i’m hurt as she’s the only one in the friend group that knows I have a crush on him. And I feel like he might like her better now. He said to me that she was really nice once.What should I do to just forget about him and focus in my studies.

Well at least you are getting the full unrequited love experience.Underated as a teen experience!Also rookie error telling the girl friend.The boy will suddenly appear way more desirable if someone else is interested.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending