The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Stricof
Split = 100% guarantee of money. Final. :yep:

How did you work that out?

Split = 50% Chance of money.

If you steal and they split you get all the money.

If you steal and they steal you get nothing. (but if you split and they steal you get nothing anyway!)

So stealing is the only guaranteed way of avoiding looking like a moron :smile:
Reply 61
Split. :biggrin:

Especially with people on here. :love:
Reply 62
Split
Steal, no question
Reply 64
MikeL230
How did you work that out?

There's a 100% chance of the money being won if you choose to split. I assume this is what Stricof meant.
BJack
So you'd rather neither player got anything?

I'd rather the other person didn't walk away with the money.
Reply 66
Steal and if they stol aswel then i knew they deserved to lose aswell but if i felt bad i would split the money with them after the show and i got my money
Reply 67
Steal ftw,

nah, depends on cash/person.
I'd probably no deal.
depends on how much money and whether the person opposite seemed trustworthy or not, I'd rather split but if I have doubts then I'll steal. Someone who lives round the corner from me who I used to work with went on and got nothing cos they both tried to steal about £500
Reply 70
steal, if the other person chose split, id say, fair enough ill split after the show, and i really would.

if they chose steal, then you dont lose anything

the only way to make sure, you both get something, or nothing is to steal...
BJack
This doesn't make any sense at all. There's still a large amount of money up for grabs, so it's unreasonable to say, "It's just a game."

But they wouldn't benefit at my expense. If I split and they steal, I don't get anything. If I steal and they steal, I don't get anything.

Well not at your actual expense, more at your loss. As in they benefit and you don't.
Well I would like to split, the problem is if the other person steals and I split, I go home with nothing. If we both steal I go home with nothing. Hence really stealing is a win win scenario. Even if the other person steals, it just prevents either of the two people concerned getting any money so it's basically the same as if I had split and the other had stole. If I split, the most I'd go home with is half the prize money anyway.

I'd generally split though, as I probably wouldn't have the heart to steal, I'd feel to guilty. Plus the reward money will generally be dire (I doubt the reward money would ever reach the lofty heights of £100 000). I doubt it even reaches £20 000 often with the strange system they've put in place (having said that I've only watched it once, lol).
Reply 73
littlemiss-sunshine
Well not at your actual expense, more at your loss. As in they benefit and you don't.

Again, I'm not losing anything. If they choose to steal, I won't get any money whether I choose to steal or split, so I might as well split so that one of us gets the money.
Seems like the guys are generally a bit nicer when it comes to the decision! Not what I would have thought actually, but then I'm bitter and twisted and somewhat man-hating at the moment!! :grin:
Steal... the other person probs will, and I'd rather we both get nothing than my money being stolen. :p: If I stole and they split, I'd half the money with them anyway.
Reply 76
I would steal no matter what. But, if i stole and they split, i would give them about 30 percent of the money after the show.
Reply 77
Split. I'd rather someone got the money. However, if they'd annoyed me all the way through I'd be tempted to steal just to spite them.
Reply 78
Split, because it's the type of ******* who'd steal that got us into this recession in the first place.
Steal no matter what, if they split I'd give them a bit out of guilt.

Latest