The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1260
Keeno89
To get this thread partially back on track any exciting releases in the next couple of months?

This

This

This

:wink:
SmilerNuts
Can't say I have. What kind of music do they play?

Thrash. Or at least, that's what I believe it to be.
Cor, bloody hell another Korpiklaani record, those boys sure do churn 'em out!
Reply 1263
You say that like its a bad thing :p:
Keeno89
Can't find your facebook profile at all.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=558740181

I'm too tired to think of answer to the question so I'll come back later.
Reply 1265
aaaah, thanks. Just added you now.
Anybody here like Eternal Lord? Apparently touring Aberdeen quite soon.
i have a request for you guys.. recommend me some death metal.

now i know my metal and ive listened to alot of death metal bands, though ive never really got into the genre and i feel im missing out on something.. I have heard alot of bands, and i dont want anything classic or traditional.. no Opeth, Nile, Decapitated.. i want something new, extreme, obscure and brutal... and non-cheesy!
SoundDevastation

now i know my metal and ive listened to alot of death metal bands, though ive never really got into the genre and i feel im missing out on something.. I have heard alot of bands, and i dont want anything classic or traditional.. no Opeth, Nile, Decapitated.. i want something new, extreme, obscure and brutal... and non-cheesy!

Necrophagist? I dont really know much about death metal as I'm not a fan but they are the most extreme death metal band I've heard.
Reply 1269
SoundDevastation

Well, tbh most of my stuff would be classed as cheesy! One scene that you may not have known about is the death/grind scene in the Czech republic.

!T.O.O.H.! - By far the least boring DM band ever, you will love these!
This band has split up and formed a new group, which sounds even weirder, check: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=82098

There are also some decent, really obscure Czech bands on this old Relapse Records compilation: http://www.metal-archives.com/release.php?id=71009
Especially, the second band, Negligent Collateral Collapse, although that is quite cheesy.

Elsewhere, another interesting band I listen to is:

Brodequin - Blasty, brutal, raw production DM from USA. Lyrical/artwork theme is medieval European torture methods...

You are right though, it is hard to find DM that genuinely holds your attention.
RJA
Well, tbh most of my stuff would be classed as cheesy! One scene that you may not have known about is the death/grind scene in the Czech republic.

!T.O.O.H.! - By far the least boring DM band ever, you will love these!
This band has split up and formed a new group, which sounds even weirder, check: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=82098

There are also some decent, really obscure Czech bands on this old Relapse Records compilation: http://www.metal-archives.com/release.php?id=71009
Especially, the second band, Negligent Collateral Collapse, although that is quite cheesy.

Elsewhere, another interesting band I listen to is:

Brodequin - Blasty, brutal, raw production DM from USA. Lyrical/artwork theme is medieval European torture methods...

You are right though, it is hard to find DM that genuinely holds your attention.

I actually have that Czech Assult comp! haha.. Its alright, Contrastic are my favourite on there but its all tongue in cheek really.

downloading duobetic homonkulus.. will let you know what i think! Brodequin sound interesting too..
Reply 1271
I've just relistened to Duobetic now. It is so awesome! Listen to the last 30 seconds of "Dr.Norden".

So you are officially swotted up on the Czech scene then?
aaah not really, we went there in January so i thought (as i do) that id have a listen to see what was going on musically in that part of the world.. i should spend more time on it really as im sure there are some gems.. We actually stumbled across a record shop in Prague and spent 45quid on crust records, so we know theres people there with taste! haha

i dont have winrar on this computer.. damn.
Reply 1273
Just relistened to Contrastic as well. Excellent :biggrin: Twisted electro-grind for the win!
have you checked out Ehnahre? Their album is the most amazing and most extreme thing ive heard in a long time.. they refer to themselves as experimental death metal which is why im on the quest for more! haha
Interesting death metal..

Arkhon Infaustus - Orthodoxyn (Blackened death done well)
Augury - Concealed (Progressive)
The Chasm - Deathcult For Eternity - The Triumph (Excellent death metal from one of the best bands in the genre)
Demilich - Nespithe (Progressive/atmospheric)
Gorguts - Obscura (This is love or hate. One of the most technical metal albums ever)
Gory Blister - Skymorphosis (Technical dm that doesn't get boring)
Lykathea Aflame - Elvenefris (Awesome album)
Mirrorthrone - Carriers of Dust (Melodic and interesting. Some black influence there too)
Wormed - Planisphaerium (Possibly the most brutal DM album there is)
cheers PeaceSells.. out of them ive only heard gorguts, so lots for me to check out.
Reply 1277
Disurbed are releasing a new album in a few months :biggrin:
Reply 1278
You have probably heard of them but if not then as Darkened Angel said try Necrophagist, personally I love them, brutal yet melodic.

Generally for that style my first port of call would be Willowtip Records but a lot of their bands play Technical Death Metal. Still a good few bands I like (eg Illogicist, Odious Mortem, Neuraxis, Psycroptic ) are there. And yup here comes the obligatory Arsis recommendation, yes they are probably more MDM than anything else, but A Celebration Of Guilt is one of my favourite albums ever. Curious to see how their new stuff on Nuclear Blast turns out since they actually have a full band recording now instead of just James Malone and the drummer. ( who left last year ).

Their new band Terminal Function are fairly interesting.

On the more traditional/ cheesy note the new Hate Eternal album is meant to be quite good ( best so far apparently ), and their first 3 albums weren't bad

And if you want brutal try Devourment.
Ed Gein are pretty brutal (technical death/grindcore)

From A Second Story Window are more melodic but still very intense (experimental death metal-ish core)

Splendid!

Latest