The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by estel
I also tried out a Prime in Phones4U, but the size seems fine for me.

To be fair, I did just have a quick glance over the dummy model, didn't get a chance to hold or see the real thing as I was in a rush. I'll go take a proper look another time. But at first glance, it looked bigger than I expected.
So what do you all make of I'm Watch? (it's an Adnroid powered watch).

I think the design is nice, the concept is kinda there. I think it has too much functionality-- you don't want smartphone functions on a watch really, do you? It should've stuck to time, date, world time zones, alarms etc but with a nice interface. They need to nail down what is needed on a watch and stick to that. For some things, a watch just isn't practical. The battery on this thing is gonna suck-- who the heck is gonna charge THEIR WATCH? Who's gonna plug earphones in to a watch?

Anyway, nice idea but I'm not convinced.

On related note, why are Italians so good at designing stuff. Panerai, Ferrari, Lamborghini, not to mention fashion. They may not be the best engineers but they churn on style.

Original post by mikeyd85
I'm a 3.7 advocate. 4.3 is too big for me.

Me too. 3.7-4" is perfect.
It's one reason I got one eye on the Lumia.

I'm a bit late to the party but Joshua's review of the Galaxy Nexus, and of ICS in particular, is very favourable. He's always been a bit biased in favour of the iPhone too.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by estel
I also tried out a Prime in Phones4U, but the size seems fine for me.

Prime? Do you mean The Glaxy Naxus?
Guys is there a gamecube emulator for android?

Really could do with one for my xperia play.

Also, Nokia Lumia 800 was announced mobile of the year, somehow beating the HTC Sensation XE and the galaxy note...
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 6364
Original post by TheCasual

Yes, sorry :/ I was discussing the Transformer Prime elsewhere at the same time...
Original post by Like_A_G6
Also, Nokia Lumia 800 was announced mobile of the year, somehow beating the HTC Sensation XE and the galaxy note...

I think I could understand that decision...
Is there a good gameboy emulator for Android atm?

I ued to have MEboy on my nokia like 5 years ago but when i searched the market the other day i couldn't find anything and when i tried getting an emulator over summer i think that' what caused my phone to epically crash.
Original post by MHorman

Original post by MHorman
Is there a good gameboy emulator for Android atm?

I ued to have MEboy on my nokia like 5 years ago but when i searched the market the other day i couldn't find anything and when i tried getting an emulator over summer i think that' what caused my phone to epically crash.

Have you tried GameBoid. I'm not sure whether it is still available though
Reply 6367
ICS for Galaxy S been released yet? :smile:
Original post by TheCasual

The Galaxy Nexus is also known as the Nexus Prime, that's what I was referring to when I said it earlier anyway...
Reply 6369
Was going to wait and get the next new htc out, but the nexus just looks to good. Think im going to have to get it!
Original post by Like_A_G6
Guys is there a gamecube emulator for android?

The last time I checked, you needed a rather powerful PC to emulate the GameCube at a playable speed.
ooohh gamecube ----> Metroid Prime awsomeness
Original post by G8D
but I just keep getting "Disconnected" bellow the network when I try on phone..

Yeah, this is the problem I had.

802.1x EAP
PEAP
MSCHAPV2
()
()
Username
()
Password

They're the details for eduroam and when it does the disconnect on you, reselect MSCHAPV2 and retype your password and then it magically works again....

You may also have to make a manual network called eduroam rather than selecting it from a list your phone has picked up.
What's the app to play PS1 and N64 games on my S2 again?
Original post by G8D
http://www.zodttd.com/downloads/psx4droid.apk

And n64droid I think. Have to buy that or find it somewhere else.

Thanks a lot :smile:
Original post by Repressor
Yeah, this is the problem I had.

802.1x EAP
PEAP
MSCHAPV2
()
()
Username
()
Password

They're the details for eduroam and when it does the disconnect on you, reselect MSCHAPV2 and retype your password and then it magically works again....

You may also have to make a manual network called eduroam rather than selecting it from a list your phone has picked up.

This is what goes wrong on my phone last year and then it suddenly stopped breaking :smile:

Judging by the prices of the new Nexus, I might not bother getting it. Don't think I can really afford that sort of tariff for the minutes etc. I'm after. So I'm looking at the Sensation or Galaxy S2 instead. What are you opinions guys?

Never used a Samsung with Android and touchwiz before, how does it compare to HTC Sense? I've heard that the S2 is really the better of the two, is that true?
Original post by biffyclyro27

Original post by biffyclyro27
Judging by the prices of the new Nexus, I might not bother getting it. Don't think I can really afford that sort of tariff for the minutes etc. I'm after. So I'm looking at the Sensation or Galaxy S2 instead. What are you opinions guys?

Never used a Samsung with Android and touchwiz before, how does it compare to HTC Sense? I've heard that the S2 is really the better of the two, is that true?

My S2 is beautiful. It's so light and it flies and with the h/w acceleration that is coming in ICS the Mali400 GPU will make it fly. On the otherhand, the sensation is made out of a solid lump of aluminium so it will have a bit more of a heft to it (sometimes I think that the S2 is too light for the size) and if it wasn't for the silicon case that I have around it, it probably would slip out of my hand plus you may have to wait longer for Sense to be updated to 4.0
Original post by wizard710
My S2 is beautiful. It's so light and it flies and with the h/w acceleration that is coming in ICS the Mali400 GPU will make it fly. On the otherhand, the sensation is made out of a solid lump of aluminium so it will have a bit more of a heft to it (sometimes I think that the S2 is too light for the size) and if it wasn't for the silicon case that I have around it, it probably would slip out of my hand plus you may have to wait longer for Sense to be updated to 4.0

Why would ICS take longer for sense? I thought the Sensation was confirmed for the update in early 2012, the same as the galaxy S2.

Also, what's the touchwiz overlay like? Any particularly nice features, or anything missing compared to Sense?
Original post by G8D
Sense modifications run far deeper than touchwiz.

It makes sense that it'd take longer to do.

OK, fair enough.

Been watching a few videos on youtube and I'm swaying towards the S2 at the moment, seems a lot faster than the Sensation and I think it looks a bit nicer too. Having used Sense for the past two years, I think it looks better than Samsungs touchwhiz, but still I think I might go for the S2

Latest

Trending

Trending