The Student Room Group

Higher modern studies DME help

Basically forgot all about this and now panicking
Just attempted to do the small questions to see how long they took and it took me ten minutes to read over and then do the first question (3 marks) then realised I answered it wrong and I gave up
What's the best way to time the paper 2?
And is it a good idea to just read the whole paper first then look at the questions or just read the questions, check the source then skim and find the relevant info?
Cheers for any help, stressing like ****
Reply 1
It's probably a good idea to read the paper and orientate yourself then begin answering on it.

In the first part it's not too hard, just understand the things the person says and then say if it's accurate or inaccurate based on the statistical information.

For the second part remember you need to structure it as a report.

So:

Who you are:
Who it's to:

What you recommendation is.

Reasons for Adopting your Recommendation
Reasons against Adopting your Recommendation.
Rebuttal of the reasons against.
Conclusion.

Each SOURCE will have four or more reasons for or against the proposal. You can then back this up with the statistical information you're given. The sources are broken into four paragraphs, there is AT LEAST one argument in each paragraph.

You also MUST put in background information. You can't pass the DME without it.
Reply 2
Right cheers mate, see if the question is worth three marks, say it was, to what extent does the evidence support joe bloggs?
Would you put three things he says and refer to the sources 3 times, so you would have 3 points of how the evidence supports what he says? Or would it be a mark for referring to what he says and then a mark for referring to two sources?
Reply 3
Original post by Malmo's
Right cheers mate, see if the question is worth three marks, say it was, to what extent does the evidence support joe bloggs?
Would you put three things he says and refer to the sources 3 times, so you would have 3 points of how the evidence supports what he says? Or would it be a mark for referring to what he says and then a mark for referring to two sources?

Have a look at the marking guidelines?
Reply 4
Just had a look, helped a lot. I was writing stupid amounts of figures and taking too much time. Best just to get straight to the point!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending