The Student Room Group

Standard Grade/Higher Chemistry - Help?

Hi, i was wondering if anyone doing higher chemistry or standard grade could help me. Now, I really enjoy chemistry with a passion, however im not very good at calculations.

Now my question is, im currently doing standard grade chemistry but im not very good at calculations ( MNG or NCV ), does higher chemistry contain a lot calculations?

In the chemistry prelim i got 68%, and my teacher told my parents I she thinks I should pick higher. So does higher chemistry have a lot of calculations, if it does I think higher modern would be better for me.

Its not the actual maths of the calcs, im good at maths but I just never remember how to do them, can anyone doing standard grade give me a couple of examples of MNG and NCV.

Thanks in advance :biggrin:( sorry for long post)
In terms of higher chemistry there are more calculations than at standard grade, particularly in units 1 and 3. Most of them are based on ratios (If 7g of X gives 13g of Y, what does 15g of X give?) although there are some equations you probably won't have seen before (unless you've done physics). I personally didn't find the calculations more challenging in terms of the process involved, remembering all of them is a bit daunting though! If you enjoy Chemistry and can motivate yourself then you should be alright for Higher, there's not a lack of practice questions :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending