The Student Room Group

SAAS help?

Hey guys :smile:

I'm the process of filling in my funding application and it's asking "Have you been in any education since leaving school?"

I'm unsure of what to put here, I did attend college and studied foundation art and design however I quit the course halfway through for a number of reasons - primarily because I decided art wasn't the route I wished to pursue and wanted to get a job instead.

then it asks "Please give details of the funding organisation who supported you through this course"

I received a travel expense bursary as I was under 18 and travelling to college of course, will that void me from receiving SAAS funding? =/ Should I leave it all blank since I didn't complete the course and gained no qualification from it? I really don't know!

Help would be appreciated, thank you! :P
Reply 1
The travel bursary shouldn't stop you from recieving SAAS funding.

I would say that tou should say yes, and then explain if possible that you dropped out. Maybe have a look at the FAQ section on their website, or email/phone them to clarify.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my Nexus One
Reply 2
I can save you time on phoning SAAS. Before any telephone call to them, open a desk drawer to its fullest extent, place your fingers into the drawer and shut it as hard as you possibly can. This is literally the only situation where SAAS cannot make your day worse.
Reply 3
Original post by Aiden
The travel bursary shouldn't stop you from recieving SAAS funding.

I would say that tou should say yes, and then explain if possible that you dropped out. Maybe have a look at the FAQ section on their website, or email/phone them to clarify.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my Nexus One

Thank you :smile: I have included that I went to college and such now.

Original post by Norton1
I can save you time on phoning SAAS. Before any telephone call to them, open a desk drawer to its fullest extent, place your fingers into the drawer and shut it as hard as you possibly can. This is literally the only situation where SAAS cannot make your day worse.

LOL. Excellent, I have heard they're pretty bad.
Reply 4
Since it says "in any education" I'd say include it :smile: Also if it helps, I've never had any trouble on the phone with SAAS, but maybe I'm lucky :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending