The Student Room Group

Nursing NHS busary in Scotland

I'm a Scottish student about to study nursing this year. I was wondering if I was eligible for the £400 NHS busary from England and and will I have to apply for it or will it paid via saas.
Reply 1
Original post by Noc94
I'm a Scottish student about to study nursing this year. I was wondering if I was eligible for the £400 NHS busary from England and and will I have to apply for it or will it paid via saas.

I wonder if you can explain more information about this

You said that you are a Scottish student able to study nursing this year but you haven't said whether you are studying in Scotland or England as this would have helped.

If you are applying for university in Scotland for a nursing degree and you are a resident of Scotland for more than 3 years therefore you'll be able to apply for the full NHS Scotland bursary of £10,000 per year plus your university fees are paid for you but you need to apply via SAAS.
Remember that the English students only get £5000 a year learning grant.

If you are studying in England as a nursing student therefore the SAAS will pay your university fees for the duration of the course.
You will be better contacting both SAAS and SFE for more information about the availability of the of any available loans you can apply for.

You'll have needed to get this done prior to starting your course so that everything will be on placed for you by time you have started your university degree.

You have to submit the relevant information to SAAS AND then they will obviously assess it and let you know asap.
Remember that you have to reapply for it each year as it not automatically sent out to you each year as if you don't reapply you want be able to continue with the course.

NHS Scotland midwife and resident
(edited 7 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending