The Student Room Group

AS/A Level Mathematics Combinations

Hello Guys, I just finished my AS year.
I've done physics, biology, mathematics and italian this year.
I am thinking of doing the whole further maths next year alongside my A2 Maths, (self teaching myself).
I've got some questions about wether I would be allowed to use certain combinations for my A level Further maths... here it goes...
I was thiking of squeezing FP1/S1/D1 all in january... My question is, since I am doing M2 at the moment and have done m1 last year and went pretty well I would like to sit M3 as an extra module for my further maths, is that even possible?
so my idea would be to do FP2/S2/M3 in june for my further maths, or maybe even FP2/M3/M4... All i want to know is wether it is possible or not to do it, or would i need to pick D2 alongside S2 and FP2 to achieve the Further maths?
And what other choices of combinations would i be able to pick?
the reason i want to do M3 rather than D2 is because I am doing physics and I enjoy mechanics A LOT...
Exam Board - Edexcel

Thank you so much guys, would be great if i had an answer!!
this website has helped me plenty of times already, i am so grateful to all of you!!!!
Thanks!!!!
(edited 11 years ago)
This will depend on your exam board, if you check their website it should tell you. Seems like the combinations you've put down would be fine- you certainly should be able to do M3 instead of D2.

My guess (again check with your specific exam board) is that you'll need to do FP1 and FP2 and then a combination of other modules of your choice.

Quick Reply

Latest