The Student Room Group

AS-Level FM for top Econ Unis like LSE/Cambridge/Warwick

I'm self-studying AS FM and I've almost finished CP1 from the edexcel spec and have found it alright. Would I be fine with just doing AS or do these unis prefer the full A-Level? Also, how much harder is the year 2 stuff?
Original post by yzven
I'm self-studying AS FM and I've almost finished CP1 from the edexcel spec and have found it alright. Would I be fine with just doing AS or do these unis prefer the full A-Level? Also, how much harder is the year 2 stuff?

LSE
A*AA with an A* in Mathematics
Further Mathematics at A-level is also desirable, and is acceptable for entry in combination with Mathematics and one other A-level.
It is acceptable to take Further Mathematics to AS-level only, in which case you will be required to achieve grade A.
(Source)

Cambridge
A Level: A*A*A
All Colleges require: A Level/IB Higher Level Mathematics
Further guidance: We advise you to do as much additional mathematics as possible.
For 2017, 2018, and 2019 entry, the majority of entrants from an A Level background achieved at least grades A*A*A* (87% of entrants). These successful applicants typically took Economics (93%) or Further Mathematics (93%), with 86% taking both.
(Source)

Warwick
A*A*A including A* in Mathematics
Further Maths and Economics are not essential, although they are fine subject choices for a student considering Economics at degree level. We treat them as any other strong A level subject: they have no special status.
(Source)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending