The Student Room Group

Ukcat disaster

Shocking ukcat score today (583). Wanted to apply to Southampton but understand their minimum is 625. Had 3A's and a first from Warwick in 1998 and 2 distinction MScs since then. Any advice on places which take ukcat less seriously. Honestly dont think I could have done better but have always done well in exams before this. Confused, any pointers much appreciated :confused:
Look at universities that dont use UKCAT at all, like Bristol and Liverpool for example
It could be worse believe me (one of my scores in the past was in the 400s category and I got an interview). It won't hurt to just apply. You have a fantastic academic background and I'm sure you have great experience to go with it. I'd suggest you apply to medical schools that don't put too much emphasis on the UKCAT (http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/UKCAT). If you don't get in this year (which I hope doesn't happen) there's always next year (more time to save money and gain w/e). You've waiting this long so an extra year won't be too detrimental :smile:

Also - Your age might be an advantage. Medical schools love to widen their scope to all applicants.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by GoldenCakes02
Look at universities that dont use UKCAT at all, like Bristol and Liverpool for example

Thank you.will do that. Cheers!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending