The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I thought it was a good episode. In fact my favourite of the season.It helped develop many different story-lines.

Tywin is a boss, such a smooth talker

Tyrion saying goodbye was emotional

Three men are trying to enter the mother of Dragon's pants but only one man will succeed

Jaime did the right thing. You can only dangle fruit for so long before someone comes along and grabs it!

(edited 10 years ago)
Daenerys is boring. Same old ****.
One of the best episodes this season :smile: even though not much happened haha

she gnna get raped lul, I've been hearing rumours about her doing a nudz soon. Maybe little finger is going to deflower her with his little finger.
(edited 10 years ago)
Good morning,

I have watched Game of Thrones from the beginning and I LUV it......

Absolutely hate when it ends lol

I am defo a G.O.T advocate, oh my days Joffrey got his eh!!!

:-)
Reply 5025
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Daenerys is boring. Same old ****.

Agreed, really getting sick of her now.

On another note, how creepy was Petyr this episode?
Reply 5026
After hearing the title of the episode I was worried it was gonna be Dany-centric, but I liked the storyline balance. It wasn't OTT but it helped advance the plot and set everything up for where it needs to go next.
Reply 5027
Is it just me or did Petry sound much more Irish than previously? And creepier :s-smilie: This season feels a lot more 'Fantasy', I don't know, the acting feels more exaggerated perhaps
Original post by txo

yeah easily the weakest with jon snow's second.They gotta speed that **** up.
Original post by txo

Reply 5030
TV spoiler, vaguely, kinda.

Haven't finished the ep yet, but am really struggling to contain my reader-rage with that twist with Jaime. That did not happen in the books. I don't think it was necessary, I think it should have been stopped and she escaped or something if they really wanted to make him into such a broken character. Alex Graves has said some awkward things about it, called it 'taboo' rather than what it really was. It's not taboo, that suggests it is bad because of social stigma rather than because it's the ultimate betrayal, theft, hurt, etc. I'm iffed. Am I over-reacting? I'm not saying I would put it past Jaime, I just think it really takes away something about their dynamic that was from the books and should have been followed. This isn't just a little change for them, it's huge. It simply wasn't needed.

Comment from Alex; '…it becomes consensual by the end, because anything for them ultimately results in a turn-on, especially a power struggle.' - Yes, fine. But in the books it becomes consensual BEFORE it becomes what it was. That was so crucial and you just **** all over it.
(edited 10 years ago)
Another great episode!

Spoiler

Reply 5032
I didn't find the episode boring as some people were claiming

Spoiler

Original post by awe
TV spoiler, vaguely, kinda.

Haven't finished the ep yet, but am really struggling to contain my reader-rage with that twist with Jaime. That did not happen in the books. I don't think it was necessary, I think it should have been stopped and she escaped or something if they really wanted to make him into such a broken character. Alex Graves has said some awkward things about it, called it 'taboo' rather than what it really was. It's not taboo, that suggests it is bad because of social stigma rather than because it's the ultimate betrayal, theft, hurt, etc. I'm iffed. Am I over-reacting? I'm not saying I would put it past Jaime, I just think it really takes away something about their dynamic that was from the books and should have been followed. This isn't just a little change for them, it's huge. It simply wasn't needed.

Comment from Alex; '…it becomes consensual by the end, because anything for them ultimately results in a turn-on, especially a power struggle.' - Yes, fine. But in the books it becomes consensual BEFORE it becomes what it was. That was so crucial and you just **** all over it.

And I agree. Jaime is one of the perennial grey characters but this just didn't fit. This is how it went down in the books if non-book readers want to know. Obviously not a spoiler if you've seen the episode.

Spoiler

Reply 5033
Original post by stephanieuwa
Another great episode!

Spoiler

Yes. It was. 100%. There are no 'but's' about it.

Original post by Deshi
I didn't find the episode boring as some people were claiming

Spoiler

And I agree. Jaime is one of the perennial grey characters but this just didn't fit. This is how it went down in the books if non-book readers want to know. Obviously not a spoiler if you've seen the episode.

Spoiler

Yeah I didn't find it boring as a while either, but that bit threw me for a while and has really put me off. Nikolaj himself has said some really disappointing things about it. =/ I just didn't want to - and didn't expect to - have this issue with my favourite series. I'd be really surprised if GRRM is actually ok with it, truly ok.

Also - Pod!!! :heart:
Reply 5034
Original post by awe
Yes. It was. 100%. There are no 'but's' about it.

Yeah I didn't find it boring as a while either, but that bit threw me for a while and has really put me off. Nikolaj himself has said some really disappointing things about it. =/ I just didn't want to - and didn't expect to - have this issue with my favourite series. I'd be really surprised if GRRM is actually ok with it, truly ok.

Also - Pod!!! :heart:

Funny you mention Pod as I was going to make a Podrick appreciation thread after the football, but have decided to go with making a thread about whether you're sexist (intentionally or unintentionally) as a reader. Maybe soon if he carries on doing cool stuff. :biggrin:
Show Spoiler

Yeah, really didn't like the take on things with Jamie. It felt almost like the show was getting some revenge on Cersei, but that doesn't fit her character either. Really out of keeping with character for them both, threw me.
I did love the moment where Ellaria says: 'He's a prince of Dorne, boys and girls will line up to **** him until the day he dies.'

Ah Oberyn, always the pimp.

I did think this episode was sort of meh

book spoiler beware!

Spoiler

Show Spoiler
Not being a book reader, what's all the hubbub about in regards to the Jaime Cersei scene? The fact that it was a rape scene on TV?
Reply 5038
Original post by itsmyname
Show Spoiler
Not being a book reader, what's all the hubbub about in regards to the Jaime Cersei scene? The fact that it was a rape scene on TV?

No, by the looks of things because it wasn't rape in the book. I haven't read the books (yet!) but I watching that scene, I did wonder 'Did this really happen in the book :s-smilie:', so would be interested to see what the reasoning for showing it as rape in the show was.

But nevertheless, I really enjoyed this episode, great to actually see Tommen Baratheon make a proper appearance (even if he does appear a bit bland at this point), I like how you can never tell how things are going to develop as the story progresses and I'm wondering where each one of the Stark kids are going to end up by the end of the season, and fantastic Valyrian speech by Daenerys as well:biggrin:
Reply 5039
That's Daenerys back on side as far as I'm concerned, back to her brilliant best. Little bit worried we saw an incestuous rape on the telly, rather risque. Nobody else really went anywhere there, just posturing for bigger things, Sansa and Petyr I suppose but that's just really quite odd. Petyr loved Catelyn, Petyr rescues Sansa, that is guaranteed to get a little odd.

Latest