The Student Room Group

Tottenham Hotspur Society II

Scroll to see replies

Haha couldn't have put it better myself. :P
Scumbag Lamela making the card gesture. Worth a booking in itself.

'coz I aint gonna be made to look a fool no more. Youve done it once too often, what do you take me for? oh darling, aint no pleasing you. You seem to think that everythinbg I did was wrong, I should have known it all along. Oh dawling, aint no pleasing you''

''and if you think I'm only bluffing, youve got another thing coming, I'll tell you that for nothing....oh dawling.....there aint no pleasing yooooooooooouuuuuuuuuu''
(edited 9 years ago)
My grandad was from Edmonton, pure gooner, but he liked this song tbf. He loved a sing song.

Pity Chas n Dave are Spurs
Original post by Mackay
Scumbag Lamela making the card gesture. Worth a booking in itself.

Why? What do you think players are saying to refs when they shout at him when they're fouled?
Original post by jam277
It's quite clear, you are playing players who clearly are not good enough. Why are the likes Ryan Mason, Bentaleb, Townsend, Rose and others getting so much gametime when they are terrible or nowhere near the requisite quality? These 4 players should not be in the first 18 yet get a lot of game time when fit.

You are good at beating small teams due to your attacking quality and defence but there's little to no pace in the side in attacking positions meaning that whenever you're in an attacking position against an organised defence you're forced to pass from side to side in front of the defence, a lot of players put in the squad for this season when the main thing was to get the team to gel.

Also add to that you have the worst big game mentality there is around in the league it makes for a terrible mixture. Essentially you're an even ****ter and slower version of Arsenal last season. Chadli has been doing well though and Eriksen is a quality player(albeit not amazingly consistent)

I don't know how you can put Townsend in with those players, he's a pretty good player and would have developed a lot more if it were not for him getting injured at the back end of the year. Bentaleb is a decent, consistent player who had a good World Cup and he's still only young.

I don't think the problem is not enough pace, it's a lack of a creative spark particularly as Eriksen has been a shadow of the player we had last season. By far the biggest problem is inconsistency and a lack of team cohesion, the line up is chopped and changed too often and our best players don't consistently show up

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lol at townsend being called a pretty good player,

Would townsend even get onto the bench of any of the top 4 teams of last season? He's only seen as good because of a few england qualifiers.
Original post by jam277
Lol at townsend being called a pretty good player,

Would townsend even get onto the bench of any of the top 4 teams of last season? He's only seen as good because of a few england qualifiers.

It's not just him. How many of the Spurs squad would get into the Everton team, the Liverpool team, the United team, the Arsenal team? Very few.

I think a lot of Spurs fans believe their team is much better than it actually is. They honestly need to offload about a dozen players. If Pochettino had any sense he'd prioritise the Europa League, because there is no way they're qualifying for the CL through the league.
Original post by sr90
It's not just him. How many of the Spurs squad would get into the Everton team, the Liverpool team, the United team, the Arsenal team? Very few.

I think a lot of Spurs fans believe their team is much better than it actually is. They honestly need to offload about a dozen players. If Pochettino had any sense he'd prioritise the Europa League, because there is no way they're qualifying for the CL through the league.

Now I am a Spurs fan but I'm doing my best to say this from an honest point of view

Lloris for sure would get into any of the teams - perhaps it would be close with De Gea but no competition against Mignolet etc.

Vertongen I also think would break into any of the sides, he'd be a Godsend to United to be honest

Kaboul... Yeah. No. Had a Godly game against Arsenal and then just not worthy of captain at all.

Naughton and Rose would definitely not make it in, but Dier has potential I think to make it into any of the sides. I'd definitely rate him higher than Chambers but that's me

Chadli this season been brilliant imo, not one to get into United's side but he could definitely play in Everton, Liverpool, Arsenal.

Bentaleb and Stambouli aren't all that but young, progression, etc... Should be loaned out not sold but nah wouldn't make it in

And without going into detail on every player finally Hazza Kane. I'd take him over Falcao.

Spoiler

but I do think he could play for any with the exception of United, on his current form.

All in all without spending hours analysing the entire team I think individually and on the Spurs players are pretty solid. It's stupid defensive errors (and ****** Ade being offside every single attack) that's causing losses, not the player quality. But none the less any Spurs fan expecting a top four win this season is, in my opinion, deluded.

Spurs have a good squad, but they are nothing compared to Chelsea, City, etc. Team's decline and now Spurs are challenging for Europa, how it is tbh. It also doesn't help bringing in a new bloody manager every 9 months and every time Spurs concede a goal their Facebook page to be flooded with "POCHETTINO OUT, NOW" - plastic fans who clearly are clueless don't really help anything.
Lol Harry Kane wouldn't get onto Chelsea's bench and majority of Kanes goals have come from the europa league this season. We're acting like Drogba and Remy wouldn't score goals for fun against partizan.

The problem is Modric and Bale being irreplaceable. Note that you sell a key player the past 2/3 seasons and you have thus dropped one position each season. It's no coincidence. If you had bought a top striker in the Bale Modric days and a bit of cover (e.g. a Chadli/Lamela and with a guy like Dembele/Paulinho as backup) you would be challenging for the title, not being lucky to break into the top 5. Levy just saw the cash and thought may as well.

But your problems aren't easily fixable, you just have to hope the team gel and the manager finds a system that works for all the players, you don't have the money to spend your way out and it's hard to determine deadwood when a lot of the problems is hierarchy related as well as player related.
(edited 9 years ago)
get in, same number of points as the scum

man like eriksen doing the bizzzz
Won't be surprised if you lot beat us tbh we're due a loss and if Chelsea play the same team every week we'll suffer burnout sooner or later.
Original post by jam277
Won't be surprised if you lot beat us tbh we're due a loss and if Chelsea play the same team every week we'll suffer burnout sooner or later.

The last time Spurs won at Stamford Bridge the Soviet Union still existed, Germany was still divided, Courtois/Hazard/Oscar weren't even born and Matic was still in his nappies in Milosevic's Yugoslavia.
Original post by sr90
The last time Spurs won at Stamford Bridge the Soviet Union still existed, Germany was still divided, Courtois/Hazard/Oscar weren't even born and Matic was still in his nappies in Milosevic's Yugoslavia.

It was also the day Bill Sherwood died, 635 years since the St. Scholastica Day riot and strangely it was also Danny Blanchflower's 64th birthday…but of course everyone knew that

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr90

Original post by Wade-
It was also the day Bill Sherwood died, 635 years since the St. Scholastica Day riot and strangely it was also Danny Blanchflower's 64th birthday…but of course everyone knew that

Posted from TSR Mobile

The last league hoodoo.

1990-2006 v Chelsea (both home and away)
1989-2012 v Man Utd (away)
2001-2010 v Arsenal (home)
1993-2010 v Arsenal (away)
1990- v Chelsea (away)

Mind you, England didn't record a single win over Sweden between 1967 and 2011...
feelin really good about us right now. told you before we'll be finishin above liverpool. glad we got the easy draw with sheffield shub be able to get to the final where its anyones game.

harry kane and eriksen are the heart of our team. ****ing legends in the making. need to keep these man if we gonna be top 4 team
Original post by Parano!d
feelin really good about us right now. told you before we'll be finishin above liverpool. glad we got the easy draw with sheffield shub be able to get to the final where its anyones game.

harry kane and eriksen are the heart of our team. ****ing legends in the making. need to keep these man if we gonna be top 4 team

Another home performance is promising. I think the mood of our fans has directly correlated with results this season - we never sing up in home league games anymore, with the home atmosphere for the cups always better because of the 1882 block. Aways are aways, get plastered and sing your heart out.

Loving Kane in form, Eriksen consistent as ever and Soldado getting them in. With Soldado, we whine and whine about our players at Spurs, look no further than Vertonghen, but Soldado has shown desire and effort despite few goals. I think it really says something about our fans that we can get behind an underdog like that despite his lack of confidence affecting results.

Wembley is within reach and this is our first LC double header since 2009! SUFC will be bang up for it mind, Clough is an excellent manager, a chip off the old block. Can't wait to take over the train from St Pancras, will be ace.
Why do I have this feeling that you guys might go all the way -_-
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Why do I have this feeling that you guys might go all the way -_-

Gooner in the Spurs thread. Red alert.

Final is guaranteed. But if it against Chelsea you can only see another 3-4 goal hiding. Surprising, because Chelsea aren't actually that good.
Original post by Eboracum
But if it against Chelsea you can only see another 3-4 goal hiding. Surprising, because Chelsea aren't actually that good.

That's true. I don't disagree with a single word of that. We just have a hold on Spurs. Anyway you like my fluffy toys? Would you like one of these for christmas?

Quick Reply

Latest