The Student Room Group

Tottenham Hotspur Society II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rockrunride
As long as the clubs don't pass the hit to the fans, I can't say I'm too fussed about that.

I think most of it is being funded out of the new TV deals. Haven't most clubs frozen their match day tickets for a few years now?

The big hit for fans will be that Sky Sports and BT Sports will probably increase their prices..
Original post by jam277
:rofl: at Townsend going for 12M. How????

McClaren ffs.

Townsend and Shelvey = 24m
Entire Leicester City XI who are currently top of the league = 20m

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zerforax
I think most of it is being funded out of the new TV deals. Haven't most clubs frozen their match day tickets for a few years now?

The big hit for fans will be that Sky Sports and BT Sports will probably increase their prices..

Can't say I mind too much about telly subs going up - it will give clubs less of an excuse to keep ticket prices going into the stratosphere.

And yep, Spurs haven't done much in the way of price increases over the last few years, I think 8 seasons ago the cheapest category A ticket was about £5 cheaper than it is now. Not that there's an excuse to start putting them up again.

I believe the price of Arsenal away has gone from £48 to £64 in that time... now that's ludicrous.
Original post by sr90
Townsend and Shelvey = 24m

The equivalent of one Darren Bent, in fairness.
A very good victory for you - but Colchester are sinking like a stone and will be a fourth tier side next year.

It's good to see players able to come up to the first team and grab the mantle, though. Tom Carroll, for instance, has been too stagnant for far too long but really shone yesterday - as he did with his goals against Monaco and Norwich earlier in the campaign.

Chadli is really something, too.
I wish we had beaten Leicester in the league and lost 4 - 1 to Colchester, instead
Crystal Palace in the next round - just weeks after you beat them at Selhurst Park with three superb goals. This time it's at White Hart Lane, and I reckon you'll progress. February is a busy, busy month for you, though. Be interesting to see if Pochetinno sacrifices the FA Cup.
Original post by TeeEm
I wish we had beaten Leicester in the league and lost 4 - 1 to Colchester, instead

I definitely don't - we played well against Leicester and only got ourselves outdone by a good bit of smash and grab play. Poch kept the confidence high, we did them the following week in the FAC replay and then Palace away, which is scarcely an easy place to go. We're looking fine despite the missed opportunity three weeks ago. If we'd have lost 4-1 to Colchester, we'd have invariably played diabolically despite the players on show. The media shame would have been unbearable and it is far more likely a confidence dip would have come about. As it stands, we're on a cup run - remember we're Spurs and we love a cup run - and we're still in the mix for CL next year.

Original post by ClockEnderAFC
Funny seeing a few yid mongs on twitter saying Arsenal have got easy ties so far in the cup this season because we are sponsored by the same company that sponsors the FA Cup. Some of our fans are just as bad with their carry on mind.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can only apologise on behalf of them. But please don't use the term 'yid' when making a derogatory statement - it comes across as anti-Semitic.
Berahino on Twitter:

"Everyone waiting once again for the silly little spoilt boy to make same mistake so here you go.
Goodnight all and thanks for the support."

Doesn't look like any movement is happening.
Original post by rockrunride
I definitely don't - we played well against Leicester and only got ourselves outdone by a good bit of smash and grab play. Poch kept the confidence high, we did them the following week in the FAC replay and then Palace away, which is scarcely an easy place to go. We're looking fine despite the missed opportunity three weeks ago. If we'd have lost 4-1 to Colchester, we'd have invariably played diabolically despite the players on show. The media shame would have been unbearable and it is far more likely a confidence dip would have come about. As it stands, we're on a cup run - remember we're Spurs and we love a cup run - and we're still in the mix for CL next year.

I can only apologise on behalf of them. But please don't use the term 'yid' when making a derogatory statement - it comes across as anti-Semitic.

No need to apologise lol was only having a chuckle. Apologies though if you were offended, didn't mean it to be that but will avoid using it on here in the future.

Posted from TSR Mobile
We're going to do the double! :h:
Norwich sign Spurs target Maddison and loan him back to Coventry, a few hours after Liverpool supposedly made an enquiry.
Original post by ClockEnderAFC
No need to apologise lol was only having a chuckle. Apologies though if you were offended, didn't mean it to be that but will avoid using it on here in the future.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No worries, I'm not Jewish myself. You can call us 'spuds' instead :p:
They made light work of Norwich tonight. For so long, Spurs were a team you just couldn't rely on. They were Spurs, as Ferguson famously told Man United's players - according to Roy Keane's autobiography. They are becoming a force, though. You just wonder if a lack of January reinforcements will hinder them.

Norwich can probably feel aggrieved by some of the refereeing decisions, especially the penalty, but conceding after one minute means you're on a hiding to nothing.

Still challenging on three fronts, but you imagine Pochetinno will tip the balance to place an emphasis on the PL rather than FA Cup come late February. Palace is a tough fixture, even if their wheels have fallen off and they are struggling.
Original post by Mackay
Still challenging on three fronts, but you imagine Pochetinno will tip the balance to place an emphasis on the PL rather than FA Cup come late February. Palace is a tough fixture, even if their wheels have fallen off and they are struggling.

The FA cup is overrated and personally I could not care less about it.
Imagine the 6 points on the home defeats to Newcastle and Leicester, what the table would have looked like tonight despite our numerous draws ....
Original post by TeeEm
The FA cup is overrated and personally I could not care less about it.
Imagine the 6 points on the home defeats to Newcastle and Leicester, what the table would have looked like tonight despite our numerous draws ....

A trophy is a trophy - and would be a great thing for Pochetinno to achieve. Not many Spurs managers have, after all.
Original post by Mackay
A trophy is a trophy - and would be a great thing for Pochetinno to achieve. Not many Spurs managers have, after all.

Absolutely. And I don't think it needs to be an either-or thing.

When Erik Lamela starts on the bench , we've got a good team :coma:
5 points off the table of the table and the best goal difference in the league - title challenge is on for Spurs it seems.

Quick Reply

Latest