The Student Room Group

Keele Medical School Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

I got 8As, 4Bs and 2Cs at gcse.
4 Bs at AS.
Predicted AAA.
630 UKCAT.
Not a great student to be completely honest, but if I work my ass off this year I could potentially get the AAB.
Interview on the 13th February.
Volunteering at a major hospital, volunteered at a surgery and a care home.
I was unsure if KMS would give me an interview because of the sheer number of applicants, so I was planning on reapplying next October but waheyyyyy! :biggrin:
Original post by aliennerd
I got 8As, 4Bs and 2Cs at gcse.
4 Bs at AS.
Predicted AAA.
630 UKCAT.
Not a great student to be completely honest, but if I work my ass off this year I could potentially get the AAB.
Interview on the 13th February.
Volunteering at a major hospital, volunteered at a surgery and a care home.
I was unsure if KMS would give me an interview because of the sheer number of applicants, so I was planning on reapplying next October but waheyyyyy! :biggrin:

Congrats for the interview! Did you find out today?

Thanks for sharing that. Is the spreadsheet from this applicant cycle? Because it says ''2011/12 A100 intake'' at the top of it.
Original post by Scarface-Don
Thanks for sharing that. Is the spreadsheet from this applicant cycle? Because it says ''2011/12 A100 intake'' at the top of it.

no its people who ENTERED last september so the current 'year 14'
Original post by aljabiraa
no its people who ENTERED last september so the current 'year 14'

ohh that makes sense lol :tongue:
thanks
Original post by Scarface-Don
Congrats for the interview! Did you find out today?

thanks yeah, it came Friday morning :smile:
Reply 1067
Original post by Shalo1
I got interviewed on the 15th of December and they sent me a letter on the 19th saying they were gona need more time and that my application was still under consideration, but I still havnt heard a word from them :frown: panic-mode.

Me too...the letter said they will let me know asap but no later than 31st March. Good luck! :smile:
Reply 1068
Original post by Geb94
Me too...the letter said they will let me know asap but no later than 31st March. Good luck! :smile:

Did you get interviewed in decemberr??
I dont think anyone who got interviewed on my date has heard anything back :/
Still not heard anything from Keele, or any of my med school applications. Starting to get quite nervous about it now!
Reply 1070
Original post by Shalo1
Did you get interviewed in decemberr??
I dont think anyone who got interviewed on my date has heard anything back :/

I had mine on 30th November.... :h:
well it looks like everyone who hasnt heard is going to over the next couple of days...

'We shall be in touch with all applicants during January to update you on the status of your applications. '
Original post by oranges789
well it looks like everyone who hasnt heard is going to over the next couple of days...

'We shall be in touch with all applicants during January to update you on the status of your applications. '

Cutting it a bit fine aren't they :tongue: I can't wait any longer! I just need to know :s-smilie:
Original post by Parle à ma main

KEEELE INTERVIEW! :banana: Came through on the 26th, but only just saw and accepted it :biggrin: It's for the 21st Feb - so much notice! Thought they only gave the standard 2 weeks? :rolleyes: Still made me very happy, which I definitely needed atm :biggrin:!

Original post by Parle à ma main
-

Thanks for believing in me :hugs:
Original post by ViceVersa
KEEELE INTERVIEW! :banana: Came through on the 26th, but only just saw and accepted it :biggrin: It's for the 21st Feb - so much notice! Thought they only gave the standard 2 weeks? :rolleyes: Still made me very happy, which I definitely needed atm :biggrin:!

Thanks for believing in me :hugs:

WELL DONE! :biggrin: I'm really, really pleased for you :hugs:
Original post by stringbean

Original post by stringbean
WELL DONE! :biggrin: I'm really, really pleased for you :hugs:

Thanks, means a lot :biggrin: Do we know eachother for you to be so pleased for me? :tongue:
For anyone interested in my work experience/voluntary:

1 year voluntary at a hospital
9 months in a care home
2 weeks in a nursery
1 day in a mental and disability institute
1 week in a pharmacy
4 years in a church for voluntary

EC's:

Philosophy society
Philanthropic society
Political campaign
Drama leader for a while

Swimming but not mentioned in PS

Hope that helped :smile:.
in this medical interviews book i have, it talks about practice based commissioning and what the medical school curriculum was like years ago.

do you guys think we could be asked this stuff? or is the interview fairly simplistic?

Thanks to anyone who helps!
Original post by Dr.Galaxy99

Original post by Dr.Galaxy99
in this medical interviews book i have, it talks about practice based commissioning and what the medical school curriculum was like years ago.

do you guys think we could be asked this stuff? or is the interview fairly simplistic?

Thanks to anyone who helps!

Seems like a standard interview :erm: Btw did you receive an email after it updated on track?
Original post by ViceVersa
Seems like a standard interview :erm: Btw did you receive an email after it updated on track?

i didn't at first. i had to call them up and received an email a few days later.

btw congrats on your interview! the wait was worth it ...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending