The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Medical school applications

BBC predictions can get u into which medical school and at GCSE 4 7s , 48s and 2 6s but I’m confident I’ll get As in my a levels and a good ucat score. Which medical schools are recommended to apply to?
Reply 1
Do not apply to medical school with those predictions, unless it’s a foundation year you won’t get in basically.
Work hard on your exams, get all As then take a gap year and apply in your gap year with achieved grades.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Some don’t look at predictions??? Is what I heard?
Reply 3
Original post by Aaditya 123

As far as I’m aware that is false but even if it’s true, if they look at GCSEs you also don’t have the strongest gcse profile compared to many applicants who will have all 8/9s.
If your ucat score is near perfect you might have some ground to stand on, best idea is to email unis and find out exactly how it’s done!
(edited 9 months ago)
Original post by ALEreapp
As far as I’m aware that is false but even if it’s true, if they look at GCSEs you also don’t have the strongest gcse profile compared to many applicants who will have all 8/9s

actually, Keele and Sunderland do not look at predicted grades and OP's GCSE's meet the requirements. Keele and Sunderland use a roles and resposibility sheet for interview invites so as long as you have a UCAT of 2280 or more and decent ECs then your. fine. Keele's offer is A*AA now though, not sure about Sunderland. KMMS also don't look at predicted grades.@Aaditya 123
(edited 9 months ago)
Original post by Aaditya 123

yes that is true but they make up for this in an AAA-A*AA post interview offer so unless your certain you can achieve these grades, take a gap year. all the best
(edited 9 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending