The Student Room Group

AQA BUSS4 Corporate Social Responsibility Case Study Exam Prep

The preliminary material was only released today, but when are people going to start looking into this topic, and what kind of questions do you think may come up, this thread can be used to post any queries, and ask for any advice about the topic, i'm sure there are a fair few people taking this exam in June.

Scroll to see replies

My teacher thinks BP would be a good business to look into, due to the oil spill of last year. What did your teacher(s) say?
Reply 2
My teacher was also talking about BP, and fair trade seems abit obvious really, there saying not to look into to many business just a few, like primark seems abit to obvious and how they organise human resources etc.
But BP and Fair trade seem like two good idea.
Reply 4
My teacher also said BP - look at ethics and stakeholders etc. is what my teacher suggested
Reply 5
Im looking at KPMG Europe LLP the Accountancy giant, they do so much for the community like...
The £1m City of London KMPG Academy to help disadvantaged pupils from inner London to gain access into the worlf of finance thorugh better edutation, and many many more. Very interesting company to look at.
Reply 7
I am still very confused in exactly what we have to do.I mean ive been researching BA and stuff.But exactly what kind of question is it going to ask " From a company you have studied.....show how effective corporate responsibility has been portrayed?".Something like that or is thier already going to be a case study in the exam of which we need to evaluate.

And also whilst researching do we need to write up extensive notes ona handfull of companies.
Reply 8
Yeah same, i'm just a bit confused of how to approach it. My teachers didn't really explain it well..
Reply 9
Both of my business teachers have said to not research into BP too much as its the topic everyone knows about so isn't going to wow the examiners as such.

They said that when they went to a meeting with the exam markers they said the thing they mainly look out for is like "wow example" such as things that not everyone would think of.

Just there opinion though, although I do kinda agree its not exactly gonna amaze examiners talkin about stuff thats been all over the news constantly.

:smile:
I am watching this thread. :smile:

For a company that are very highly socially responsible, I recommend you guys to look for Ecover (the Green Factory) it is amazing. :smile:

It won't do harm researching about BP, if nto BP then Shell. I watch some videos about Shell and their CSR policies are pretty superficial :P What even more interesting is that they have a proper CSR committee and everything. But only around £1 million out of like billions of profit that they made are spent on renewable energy. Can this kind of company ever be socially responsible?
btw what is corporate social responsibility
Reply 12
need mre info on corporate social responsibilty relating to businesses this helps the most. also need to get structure right, can someone help?
Original post by Kaddara
need mre info on corporate social responsibilty relating to businesses this helps the most. also need to get structure right, can someone help?

I have a APT BUSS4 Analysis for this year. Focus mainly on CSR, but it's very very thick. I don't know how I can put it up here. It is sold here > http://www.apt-initiatives.com/Revision_Aids_for_Students/Companion_for_AQA_A2_Business_Studies_BUSS4_June_2011_Corporate_Social_Responsibility/

I hope it helps, it is very very useful and it has mock exam at the end.

I recommend., :smile:

If it's too expensive then get your business teacher to buy it for £50 that way he gets the license to photocopy it and give it to everyone in class... :smile: It's cheaper as well.
Reply 14
There are loads of free resources for AQA BUSS4 CSR here - bound to be something which helps you make a good start to the research process. Happy to field any questions you have about the process;

http://www.tutor2u.net/blog/index.php/business-studies/C591/

Jim
Reply 15
Im still really confused where to start any of my research, do you just start looking into companies and what they do for CSR?
Original post by kellymajor
Im still really confused where to start any of my research, do you just start looking into companies and what they do for CSR?

That's basically what I do, to be honest. :s-smilie:

But also maybe for each case study you might want to try to analyse things further. What I did is writing down some notes on 'whether the company is socially responsible' at the end of each case study. Kind of like, analyse it.

Anyone has sample answer for this exam?

I found model asnwers for 2010 Jan. :smile:

http://store.aqa.org.uk/qual/gce/pdf/AQA-2130-W-TRB-CEXWBUSS4.PDF
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 17
Original post by street.lovin'
I have a APT BUSS4 Analysis for this year. Focus mainly on CSR, but it's very very thick. I don't know how I can put it up here. It is sold here > http://www.apt-initiatives.com/Revision_Aids_for_Students/Companion_for_AQA_A2_Business_Studies_BUSS4_June_2011_Corporate_Social_Responsibility/

I hope it helps, it is very very useful and it has mock exam at the end.

I recommend., :smile:

If it's too expensive then get your business teacher to buy it for £50 that way he gets the license to photocopy it and give it to everyone in class... :smile: It's cheaper as well.

Just downloaded that - thanks, it looks perfect! :smile:
Original post by Booom
Just downloaded that - thanks, it looks perfect! :smile:

is it possible if you could share the information from the download and post the it in this thread
Reply 19
Original post by justincredible1
is it possible if you could share the information from the download and post the it in this thread

Not really.. it cost me £40 - if you want it go and buy it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending