The Student Room Group

Does cutting ex's out of your life ever work?

Just deleted my ex off my phonebook, facebook and msn. I still love her even though it's like 3 months after i left her. I regret the decision but theres no way back now even though i've tried. Has anbody had any success with this?
Reply 1
Yeah, eventually something just clicks and you kind of just forget.
Reply 2
Yeah sure, just give it a bit of time and you'll be fine! :biggrin:
Reply 3
Works a helluva lot better than not doing it!
Reply 4
Thanks. I am awaiting the inevitable text asking me why i've suddenly gone from talking to her daily to removing her from everything...what should i reply?

Also, unrelated...is your name inspired by The Glass Menagerie?
yes. become a better, more successful person. it's the ultimate revenge.

trust me, my mum's from france.
Reply 6
If you did that how would you say 'xylophone'?
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
Just deleted my ex off my phonebook, facebook and msn. I still love her even though it's like 3 months after i left her. I regret the decision but theres no way back now even though i've tried. Has anbody had any success with this?

Definitely- she needs to get over you!

BUT WHY DID you break up if you still love her?
Reply 8
On a serious note, yeah she'll ask you why you have lost contact. in which case don't pick up the phone next time she calls or something. it works if you wanna forget about her.
Reply 9
Basically i got all het up about the fact that even after uni we would be living apart. I'm the kinda guy who likes proximity so i'm not a fan of distance to start with, but then we talked and figured out because of our career paths we would never come together even after university. So i left her, thinking breaking up sooner rather than later = less pain. I regretted it since day one, tried to convince myself even though it hurt then it would hurt less than if it happened later on. I was prepared to do long distance, but not indefinitely, which it turned out it would be so :/

Then i recently stopped shutting myself off and ignoring her / going out and doing stupid stuff (some weird ass defence mechanism i have on me there...just got angry all the time which didnt help at all.. :/) and tried to be nice to get her back, but i've done too much damage and she no longer loves me back. So now i have to try move on.

It's late, i know.

It's not her who needs to get over me, its the other way round.
Reply 10
being out of there life completely is a healthy way to deal with it. If you feel strong enough send her a letter or maybe an email explaining that you can't deal with contact right now and that maybe when your over it you'll talk (if you want to) I'm in a very similar situation unfortunately I have to have contact with my ex (who i also dumped) and she's been through some horrific stuff since we split and I've been unable to have distance but I am finding it harder for not just having her out of my life. Do be wary as if she's the sort to not drop something replying to any messages you send my make things worse.

So basically yes its healthy, if you feel strong enough let her know why / if she has any respect for you she'll understand.
Reply 11
I think it does work yes, to a certain extent. When you see an ex regularly, it's easy to slip back into old routines, i.e. greeting them with a kiss, holding their hand, and then when you realise you can't exactly do that anymore, it just hurts, even if you don't really still feel much for them. Eventually you'll wake up and forget to miss her, you'll forget to feel sad. It will take time though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending