The Student Room Group

Higher Art & Design 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by marc93
How did everyone get on? I got the A I hoped for but wasn't sure I'd got! Hope you all did well.

OMG CONGRATS!!! :biggrin: I got a B, but I'm SUPER chuffed with that because I didn't need any A's :smile: I might still appeal it though :3
Original post by marc93
How did everyone get on? I got the A I hoped for but wasn't sure I'd got! Hope you all did well.

I got an A.

Totally unexpected, considering the crap quality of my expressive, and last minute cramming for the exam. Not to mention that my teacher seriously considered putting me down to int2 after the pre-lim, which he did do to a few people.

Planning on doing Adv. this year, could be a suicidal decision ahaha!

Anyone doing advanced this year ?
Reply 82
Original post by ThatEmoKid
OMG CONGRATS!!! :biggrin: I got a B, but I'm SUPER chuffed with that because I didn't need any A's :smile: I might still appeal it though :3

thanks and well done!

Original post by peanutbutterlove
I got an A.

Totally unexpected, considering the crap quality of my expressive, and last minute cramming for the exam. Not to mention that my teacher seriously considered putting me down to int2 after the pre-lim, which he did do to a few people.

Planning on doing Adv. this year, could be a suicidal decision ahaha!

Anyone doing advanced this year ?

Well done too! Just as well you did higher and not Int 2!
I got an A, which is extremely surprising, since the quality of my work seemed more like a C (which is what my teacher predicted me at ). I did always get 100% in the written questions, which will have brought me up i'm sure, but seriously chuffed anyway! I was crashing Int2, and was not moved up to higher until late December, so my work was extremely lazy up until that point...
Reply 84
I had a little cry when I saw my Art results, not gonna lie. I got a C. Even though my design was predicted an A, and so was my writing. and even though I spent in Art my every single free period. And even though I took work home almost every day. It was such a waste of time, as I think about it now :|
Reply 85
Original post by Martyna156
I had a little cry when I saw my Art results, not gonna lie. I got a C. Even though my design was predicted an A, and so was my writing. and even though I spent in Art my every single free period. And even though I took work home almost every day. It was such a waste of time, as I think about it now :|

How did you do in the prelim? If you got an A in the prelim, there's a really really high chance you'll be accepted for an appeal, because if your teachers told you your folios were at grade A standard, then it must have been your essays that let you down. Good luck if you do appeal! :smile:
Reply 86
How did you do in the prelim? If you got an A in the prelim, there's a really really high chance you'll be accepted for an appeal, because if your teachers told you your folios were at grade A standard, then it must have been your essays that let you down. Good luck if you do appeal! :smile:

Yes, I got an A in my prelim. I got something like 72%, though. Is it good enough?
Reply 87
Yes, I got an A in my prelim. I got something like 72%, though. Is it good enough?

Even if you got 90%, it'd still be hard to determine whether or not you'd be granted the appeal. But i'd say you have a really strong case and the chances are good :smile: Both my friends last year got Bs, one of them got AAAA in the other subjects and didn't get the appeal, the other person got BBB and got the appeal (making it ABB). What I was trying to say with that is that it can mostly be determined on luck :smile: I also think they factor in whether or not you need it for your course!
Reply 88
Even if you got 90%, it'd still be hard to determine whether or not you'd be granted the appeal. But i'd say you have a really strong case and the chances are good :smile: Both my friends last year got Bs, one of them got AAAA in the other subjects and didn't get the appeal, the other person got BBB and got the appeal (making it ABB). What I was trying to say with that is that it can mostly be determined on luck :smile: I also think they factor in whether or not you need it for your course!

Well, I don't really need Art, however the fact that it could be a B instead of a C is good. I'm kinda embarrassed by that C. But then again, I'm one of these lucky people who actually passed...
and Yes, I got an A in the prelim.
Reply 89
Well, I don't really need Art, however the fact that it could be a B instead of a C is good. I'm kinda embarrassed by that C. But then again, I'm one of these lucky people who actually passed...
and Yes, I got an A in the prelim.

A C isn't bad, no reason to be embarrassed by it lol. You have a good case, go to school and make sure they're appealing you :smile:
Reply 90

You can't appeal. Only teachers are allowed to do that. Just saying...
Reply 91
Original post by Adala
You can't appeal. Only teachers are allowed to do that. Just saying...

In some cases, when you already have the grades you need, they won't bother appealing. That's when you need to ask. Just saying...
Reply 92
In some cases, when you already have the grades you need, they won't bother appealing. That's when you need to ask. Just saying...

You might have to ask but you are not the one who does it....
Reply 93
Original post by Adala
You might have to ask but you are not the one who does it....

Nae need tae get technical :]
Reply 94
Nae need tae get technical :]

True :smile:

People who don't know can get misled easily though :tongue:
Reply 95
can you only appeal up one band?

and also..

i got a B4 instead of a predicted A2...

in the prelim i got 100% for writing and in the real thing i got 93%

and my teacher said all my folio work was above grade A standard

is it likely i will get an appeal?
Reply 96
Im doing higher Art this year! :smile: Im enjoying it but it is quite stressful :redface:
I think my folios are a low B standard :frown: But I want to try and get an A for my Critical which I think will be crazy difficult for me. Can anyone give me advice on writing the essays?
Im doing Graphic Design and Fantasy and Imagination.
Original post by UMARTIAN
Im doing higher Art this year! :smile: Im enjoying it but it is quite stressful :redface:
I think my folios are a low B standard :frown: But I want to try and get an A for my Critical which I think will be crazy difficult for me. Can anyone give me advice on writing the essays?
Im doing Graphic Design and Fantasy and Imagination.

For the written I kinda winged it. But I would say write out perfect drafts of your essays for the b) question, get your teacher to read over it and make sure you're picking up full marks or thereabouts. And from there just memorise it, because the questions are pretty much the same every year.

For a) just practise different questions/work it's fairly easy I find.
Reply 98
Same here. I am finding that recording my essays and listening to them at night as I go to sleep is good because I begin to remember a lot of the important points.

For part a) questions it is common sense and learning more art related vocabulary would help with this.
Reply 99
Original post by peanutbutterlove
For the written I kinda winged it. But I would say write out perfect drafts of your essays for the b) question, get your teacher to read over it and make sure you're picking up full marks or thereabouts. And from there just memorise it, because the questions are pretty much the same every year.

For a) just practise different questions/work it's fairly easy I find.

Thanks! I will get started on drafts for each of the essays and give them to my teacher when I get back! :smile: I just finished my folios, now im less stressed thankfully.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending