Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

2011 Freshers: Aston University

Anyone of TSR?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fallenangel
Yeaaaah :rolleyes:

You seem really excited, lol! I'm going via clearing missed my firm and insurance got BBBB. You?
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Haha - sorry to hear that, things could be a lot worse though, Aston is a great university - well in my opinion anyway. I got AAA, and I can't wait to go uni - so many people didn't get in this year, so I'm jus feelin pretty blessed to have got pretty decent grades and got in.

Aww well done! What degree are you doing? I'm doing BSc Politics with International Relations :smile:
I know a few people who have done international relations and they loved doing they're degrees - a couple went to Aston and a couple went to Birmingham - so you will definitely enjoy it!

Pharmacy hopefully - have you got accomodation sorted?

In the process :frown: I'm hoping for Lakeside or the new accommodation. Yourself? My friend is doing Pharmacy this year!
Hope you get decent accomodation - I take it your after en-suite? :wink: I opted for the new build - 7 bed, confirmed that a couple days ago!

Pharmacy at Aston?

I really hope I get an en-suite. And yes she is doing Pharmacy at Aston this year :biggrin: You two can be friends she is really smart!
Haha - I had to get en-suite, the thought of sharing wouldn't bother me, but the thought of one of my flatmates leaving a 'surprise' - would **** me right over lol.

Yeahh - that sounds pretty sweet, you moving in on the 24th?

Yeah, I haven't started shopping :O I don't know why though LOL you?
Reply 6
I'm starting mechanical engineering in september, can't wait!!

Accomodation hasn't been sorted out yet though :s-smilie:
Original post by implicity
I'm starting mechanical engineering in september, can't wait!!

Join the club! LOL
Reply 8
Original post by implicity

same
I'm starting Pharmacy in september! Can't wait for freshers! :smile:
what's the best accommodation? I got in through clearing, is there a good chance of me getting into New Build?

Also is there a football league within the Uni, where you get mates together and form an 11 a side team?
Reply 11
Looking forward to this now, does anyone know how good the rocksoc is ?
Also do you have any debating clubs or anything like that just out of interest ??
Reply 12
Original post by El Commandante
what's the best accommodation? I got in through clearing, is there a good chance of me getting into New Build?

Also is there a football league within the Uni, where you get mates together and form an 11 a side team?[/QUOTE]

+1 this
cpfc12 i'm glad you agree, might put this forward during freshers, i want to get it done!
what accommodation you in bro?
Reply 14
In stafford tower floor four mate, what about yourself ?
They have football pitches in the university grounds, so they defiently have something going on there, and if not, im sure you can easily get something going :smile:
Original post by cpfc12
Looking forward to this now, does anyone know how good the rocksoc is ?
Also do you have any debating clubs or anything like that just out of interest ??

According to the Guild website there's a debating society.
El Commandante

Also is there a football league within the Uni, where you get mates together and form an 11 a side team?

There's no best accommodation really, people say there is but it's what you make of it. I wouldn't get your hopes up of getting into the New Build, it usually goes to first and final years.
Reply 16
Got into business and Management though clearing as missed out at LSE Really excited about Aston though :smile:

The accommodation online service still isn't working though :/
Original post by cpfc12
In stafford tower floor four mate, what about yourself ?
They have football pitches in the university grounds, so they defiently have something going on there, and if not, im sure you can easily get something going :smile:

nice man, i haven't had the chance to apply yet as i got in via clearing, i'm looking at new build and stafford tower, seems banterous haha
yeah man, deffo want to get some football going, if nothings going down i'll try and do something and i'll give you a call mate :smile:
There's no best accommodation really, people say there is but it's what you make of it. I wouldn't get your hopes up of getting into the New Build, it usually goes to first and final years.

yeah fair enough, everyone has different intepretations, what do you recommend in terms of social life? I'm sure they're all good in that respect, but is there any one that stands out? Just wondering
Original post by Ryan0
Got into business and Management though clearing as missed out at LSE Really excited about Aston though :smile:

The accommodation online service still isn't working though :/

I thought it was just me *sigh* lol I'll try again tomorrow and ring the accommodation website :smile: you should too.

Quick Reply

Latest