The Student Room Group

An unusual situation- can anyone help?

Hey guys, I'm quite confused and was wondering whether someone could help me.

So, last year I was a first year, and I failed one of my exams. My retake for this exam is in the Summer of 2012. Therefore I'm just going to have to wait it out for the next year.

However, I have heard that SF fund people for an extra year of their course, and I've changed my application online. So now SF know that I'll still be a first year for the next year, and my course is now finishing 2015, not 2014. I was wondering whether or not I'll still be funded for next year, and even if I'll receive partial funding.

And I will be living away from home in an apartment with my friends next year, so I really do hope I'll receive funding as working to try and stay in London is going to be very difficult.

Thanks guys, I really do appreciate you reading through this, I hope I've provided enough information.
Reply 1
Is your status with the university currently "re-sit: not in attendance"?

If it is, then you will not be entitled to receive any gov't funding.
So you failed an exam and have to wait a year to retake?? How odd - most unis do resits in August/Sept to allow people to carry on with their course :s-smilie:

If you are going to be a student in the year 2011-12 (and it sounds like you won't be) then you will get funding. By "being a student" I mean attending lectures/seminars, doing assignments etc, not just sitting a single exam. If you're just doing that 1 exam, of course SFE are not going to give you thousands of pounds to....sit around and do nothing. On the plus side, it shouldn't be difficult to get a job, as you'll have nothing else to do. Beware, you will probably have to pay council tax though, 75% of the full cost by yourself, if you are just living with students.
Reply 3
You won't get funding and as already stated you'll make the property liable for council tax as you won't be considered a student..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending