The Student Room Group

Anyone got any knowledge on the vetting process?

After passing everything successfully so far I am currently in the vetting stage for Prison Officer role which I am excited and also a little nervous about.

I am in an unusual situation currently where I left my previous role a few months ago as I wasn't enjoying it and had family visiting from abroad that I wanted to spend quality time with. So I have submitted everything vetting wise and told them I am currently unemployed having resigned from my previous role. The issue is with how long vetting can take and the likelihood, with having to undergo training first, I am presuming the role at the earliest would begin in January if all vetting comes back fine. Considering my medical is not until mid December anyway.

So basically I have a applied for a few Christmas casual jobs but how would this work for vetting purposes? I do not want to jeopardise getting this role over a casual job and although I am not desperate for the money it would be a boring two months sat round twiddling my thumbs all day

Any advice much appreciated.
Hi, I’m in a similar situation. I applied in August, had my online assessment in September and just passed my medical and fitness assessment. I stopped working in July as I didn’t like the management and wanted to travel. After finding out the vetting process can take 12 weeks I applied to a part time job and I just called them to update them on my situation so you should be fine. I heard once everything comes back successful you can give them a start date so if you want a month or 2 they will give that to you. It’s been about 3 weeks since I given them all my information and I updated them 3-4 days ago. So if everything goes well the earliest I should receive a call back is middle of January.
Reply 2
Original post by Monica_1995
Hi, I’m in a similar situation. I applied in August, had my online assessment in September and just passed my medical and fitness assessment. I stopped working in July as I didn’t like the management and wanted to travel. After finding out the vetting process can take 12 weeks I applied to a part time job and I just called them to update them on my situation so you should be fine. I heard once everything comes back successful you can give them a start date so if you want a month or 2 they will give that to you. It’s been about 3 weeks since I given them all my information and I updated them 3-4 days ago. So if everything goes well the earliest I should receive a call back is middle of January.

Thanks Monica,

Seems I am a few weeks behind where you are currently so if I get offered a job I will take it. The jobs I have applied for are only Christmas casual work lasting around six weeks so I imagine it won't be a problem and shouldn't interfere with anything at all. Had a text today that just said checks can take up to twelve weeks so I imagine what I have submitted so far is satisfactory and it is just a waiting game now! Twelve weeks take me to early February if they do last that long so imagine a late February/March start.

Good luck to you with the process, hope its smooth and you get in the role sooner rather than later.
Reply 3
any updates?
Reply 4
Original post by Monica_1995

Did they call you back and offer a job? How long did it take? I'm in vetting stage myself....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending