The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by secretmessages

Any disadvantages apart from it being pointless?.

Apart from the ones mentioned before, no.

Love it

Original post by Chrosson
Dammit, missed the end :grumble:

Me too :frown:

Original post by Kenny_uk
we've got microsoft coming to the university on the 10th to do some sorta presentation to get students into deving for windows phone. lecturer reckons there might be free phones for the 20 or so of us who are going. Would be damn nice to get one of those lol, unlikely though.

Any phone would be good. There isn't the fragmentation with WP7 so I feel you don't necessarily need a high end phone
Reply 22
Original post by secretmessages
I hate LaTeX, and BibTeX :colonhash:

I know precisely what you mean.
Reply 24
An accurate portrayal of my reaction when I realised that cleaning up restore points is not always a good idea when trying to fix a problem.

Spoiler

Might actually have to create a thread asking for help :emo:
Reply 25
OMG OMG (apologies for spamming) OMG
****ing teamviewer and logmein drivers which vomit on your display drivers and stop you changing the brightness :colonhash:

I've not even had teamviewer installed for around 6 months and it decides to reactivate the driver it left hanging around just to keep me chasing logmein as the only obvious suspect.

So annoyed right now. Lost 7 hours of my life purging every last trace of logmein from my computer (because their uninstaller is ****e) and reinstalling different combinations of drivers to discover teamviewer was in on it as well (because their uninstaller is also ****e) :angry: :mob: :mad:

Edit: and then I have to uninstall the Toshiba hotkeys utility to make the hotkeys work :facepalm2:
Really not Microsoft's fault, but I can see why Windows would get a bad name because of it.

----------------------------

Rant over :indiff:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by wizard710

LOL :getmecoat:
Reply 27

EDIT: nvm. Cool stats.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 28
Love it

Me too :frown:

Any phone would be good. There isn't the fragmentation with WP7 so I feel you don't necessarily need a high end phone

Aye that's one of the reasons I like WP7
I might experiment with WP7 one day. I've got another 18 months on my contract (24m fail), so I'll take a look at it then, but it is getting better. Gotta say the Lumia 800 is :sexface:
Reply 30
Anyone any reccomendations for a Virtual Access Point on which I can also setup the encryption and security? I wanna use it for my lab work.
Reply 31
Original post by mikeyd85
I might experiment with WP7 one day. I've got another 18 months on my contract (24m fail), so I'll take a look at it then, but it is getting better. Gotta say the Lumia 800 is :sexface:

I've got about 16 months on mine unfortunately. but I was thinking the same
Reply 32

Number 38 with 7 posts :yep: I hope to get higher in this thread (we shall see in 18 months).

Original post by Kenny_uk
I've got about 16 months on mine unfortunately. but I was thinking the same

Without getting a job at uni I won't be able to afford a smartphone, I am considering looking at one as my loan barely covers accom + living costs. I love the style of WP7, but how does it compare to Android and iOS for apps?
An accurate portrayal of my reaction when I realised that cleaning up restore points is not always a good idea when trying to fix a problem.

Spoiler

Might actually have to create a thread asking for help :emo:

Who uses system restore anyway?
It very rarely works, and if you have that much of a problem with windows just do a clean install :p:
Reply 34
So... hi. :wavey:
Reply 35
Original post by tface
Number 38 with 7 posts :yep: I hope to get higher in this thread (we shall see in 18 months).

Without getting a job at uni I won't be able to afford a smartphone, I am considering looking at one as my loan barely covers accom + living costs. I love the style of WP7, but how does it compare to Android and iOS for apps?

I'm in the iphone atm, but the impression I've gotten for my brief time using WP7 from friends is that there aren't many apps for it at the moment, but the ones that are there are quite good. Microsoft controls the app market quite tightly, much like Apple does and I get the feeling that given enough time Windows phone 7 will grow to be equal of android and iOS, but for many non techy types people I think they'll be put off it because of the "stigma" attached to the windows pc OS
Reply 36
Original post by Dez

Ohaider mr Admin man. I see you have your red :biggrin:

Lucky we're not in a star trek episode...
Reply 37
Original post by Dez

:zomg:

:adore:

You should extend your signature theme to your usertitle.
Something like "Impressive but ultimately useless usertitle."
Reply 38
Original post by Dez

I like how the signature in red matches the username red :yep: :tongue:
Reply 39
:zomg:

:adore:

You should extend your signature theme to your usertitle.
Something like "Impressive but ultimately useless usertitle."

Was thinking of replacing my sig actually. Think it's time for a re-brand. :p:

Latest