The Student Room Group

OCR Biology F214 Communication, Homeostasis and Energy Wed 25 Jan 2012

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone know where I can get past papers for each topics? like specifically for Respiration, Photosynthesis, etc..

:smile:
Reply 21
Original post by Alana6277
Does anyone know why the no. of ATP produced from NADH and FADH2 differ in almost every textbook?:confused:
My teacher said one reducedNAD makes 3, the CGP rg states 2.5 and the OCR textbook says 2.6. and some others state diff no. usually between 2.4-3.
Why these numbers?

Original post by ALZ-93
I know, really annoying. I just use the one in the official OCR textbook.

In an efficient cell each Coenzyme NAD should provides enough protons to phosphorylate three molecule of ADP to produce three molecules of ATP. However some ATP is required to activate glucose in glycolysis and also ATP is required to actively transport pyruvate from the cytoplasm into the matrix of the mitochondria so that’s why you get all these different figures.
Reply 22
Original post by Bi0logical
Does anyone know where I can get past papers for each topics? like specifically for Respiration, Photosynthesis, etc..

:smile:

old spec 2804 i think- it contains respiration, photosynthesis and excretion. you will have to search the paper for the questions to do.
Reply 23
Original post by undertaker1
In an efficient cell each Coenzyme NAD should provides enough protons to phosphorylate three molecule of ADP to produce three molecules of ATP. However some ATP is required to activate glucose in glycolysis and also ATP is required to actively transport pyruvate from the cytoplasm into the matrix of the mitochondria so that’s why you get all these different figures.

Thanks for making that clearer :smile:
Ok guys, I failed miserably in june. I guess it was a lack of preparation. However I am now on my third year and want to achieve an A*. (i assumed ocr love plants and loads of questions on photosynthesis will come up!!!) They definitely proved me wrong.
So for January I thought I’d start my revision early.
How’s everyone else finding it so far?

If anyone has any other additional useful resources for F214 please feel free to share. So far i have found http://www.youtube.com/user/OCRBiologyAS#g/c/64BC58EC5F01F01A

Glad you like my YouTube channel! :smile: I'm making a new one too, along with my website with extra notes on it:
http://www.youtube.com/user/OCRBiologyA2
http://learn123.co.nr
i'll probz have it by monday

Okiie that's great... thanks :smile:
Reply 26
does anybody have the January/June 2011 F214 mark schemes!?
Reply 27
Original post by Princess Kawaii
This. Same question. :smile:

anyone have it ??
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 28
Original post by gannalise
does anybody have the January/June 2011 F214 mark schemes!?

Do you have the papers for jan 2011 and june2011
Reply 29
I have attached the OCR F214 June 2011 Paper+mark scheme:smile:
Reply 30

Thankyou
do you have the paper and mark scheme for jan 2011
Reply 31
Original post by nju
Thankyou
do you have the paper and mark scheme for jan 2011

yeh- aint in on the ocr website though?
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
I just look at the paper and I would have been guaranteed failure if I'd sat it. It's so difficult, it's beyond regurgitating facts (which I am an expert at). So much thinking is involved
Reply 33
Original post by The Illuminati
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
I just look at the paper and I would have been guaranteed failure if I'd sat it. It's so difficult, it's beyond regurgitating facts (which I am an expert at). So much thinking is involved

the grade boundaries were low but the suggest questions just kill it lol.
the grade boundaries were low but the suggest questions just kill it lol.

Isn't suggest code for 'you won't actually know the answer but we'll ask you anyway"
Reply 35
Original post by The Illuminati
Isn't suggest code for 'you won't actually know the answer but we'll ask you anyway"

some people may know the asnwer but it depends on how you interpret the question. i.e. the fatigue questions are indirectly asking for questions to do with respiration

Thank you :smile: +rep!
also found this thread its very useful: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1675994

I love you LOL
Reply 38
Anyone else surprised at how tough the June 11 exam was ?
Reply 39
What specific topics from AS would you guys recommend looking over? All of it? :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending