The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

What an absolute beauty of a football match. Credit to both sides, could have gone either way in that last bit.
we were lucky to get a draw againbst them tbh
I congratulate Swansea on their performance they were superb.
Reply 2043
If only the transfer window was open... - **** me, it is.
Looks like channel 5 it is. :colonhash:
Original post by rockrunride
What an absolute beauty of a football match. Credit to both sides, could have gone either way in that last bit.

Can't help but think that you're laughing inside :tongue:
Reply 2046
Original post by TableClock
And herpes is the best of all the STD's.

What?

You're saying Sagna isn't good enough? Get off it.
Let's play a game. Who do you think is of the required quality to play for Arsenal?

Quote this post, and highlight your selections.

Goalkeepers

1. Almunia
13. Szczesny
21. Fabianski
59. Martinez
59. Martinez

Defenders

3. Sagna
4. Mertesacker
5. Vermaelen
6. Koscielny
11. Andre Santos
18. Squillaci
20. Djourou
25. Jenkinson
28. Gibbs

37. Boateng
45. Hoyte
48. Miquel

Midfielders

2. Diaby
8. Arteta
15. Chamberlain
16. Ramsey
17. Song
19. Wilshere
34. Aneke
39. Coquelin
40. Eastmond
44. Henderson
48. Meade
53. Ozyakup
56. Yennaris

Attacking Midfielders

7. Rosicky
23. Arshavin (needs motivation but thats the managers job)
30. Benayoun

Strikers

9. Park
10. van Persie
12. Henry
14. Walcott (deployed wrong currently
27. Gervinho
29. Chamakh
31. Miyaichi
33. Afobe
50. Murphy

As a United fan those in red are the ones I think are good enough for first team to win PL and Euro success. Those in blue shouldn't really be part of your first team set up currently, but have promise.

I think you guys should have one but as happens too often in this thread I don't think people acknowledge how good Swansea are.
The team at the death is the team that should have started...
Arshavin needs to do a "Tevez"... and bugger off...
Original post by DisconcertingWink1

Very interested to hear what Wenger has to say.

"The team still needs time to grow..."
Im gonna put it out there, they are definitely a football team to be reckoned with for the future. We are going to be seeing a lot of Swansea in the next few years in the premier league.
Original post by WhatIsAUsername?
Can't help but think that you're laughing inside :tongue:

Relief more than anything. No right to laugh because we didn't beat Wolves at home. No disrespect to people involved with Wolves.
Reply 2052
What was said to Henry by the Arsenal fans?? Apparently looked very upset at the end of the match and was just looking into the stands. Either he'll be very loyal to the club despite having been insulted - which is the natural assumption - in an attempt to keep the club's reputation intact... or he'll slate the fan(s) for whatever they said.
WTF?!???? still couldn't believe it at the final whistle how we were outplayed throughout most of the match. It's happened twic now, against Fulham and now against Swansea. Ramsey really should have come off for Ox instea of Mertesacker, that's how bad he was. Both our wingers were pretty poor and ineffective apart from Walctt's goal and Arshavon's through ball. We really didn't have a player in our midfield today to pull the strings and after we went ahead it seemed we just sat back and let Swansea come at us.
Maybe if you had me as manager you could've got a result!
Reply 2055
And herpes is the best of all the STD's.

Loool. Sagna is the best RB in the league. Arguably in the world.
We deserved to lose. Swansea played fantastically just as we expected. Arsenal have such a fragile team, we're are constantly one injury away from being a mediocre mid-table team.
Original post by Catilina
"The team still needs time to grow..."

:biggrin:

"We were a bit jaded physically..."
Original post by Ultimate1
WTF?!???? still couldn't believe it at the final whistle how we were outplayed throughout most of the match. It's happened twic now, against Fulham and now against Swansea. Ramsey really should have come off for Ox instea of Mertesacker, that's how bad he was. Both our wingers were pretty poor and ineffective apart from Walctt's goal and Arshavon's through ball. We really didn't have a player in our midfield today to pull the strings and after we went ahead it seemed we just sat back and let Swansea come at us.

Ramsey played his socks off, there was no one helping him in midfield. Song had an off day and Benayoun was nowhere to be seen. Arshavin and Walcott were beyond rubbish.
We will be better over the next few months though, but we still need to get results now

I have faith in the team

Latest