The Student Room Group

Why do you hate on Justin Bieber?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Bellissima
i don't.. i reckon the haters are mainly jealous... i mean, 17.. he has the world at his feet... he can do practically whatever he wants... he has a loving family, friends, girlfriend... millions in the bank... all before he is even an adult? I'M jealous! however i don't let that turn me into some bitter hater... i just think it's weird how some get so angry about someone they don't know... then they bleat on about how he's so untalented... when he has a good voice, can play numerous instruments that he taught himself... i am not saying he is the most talented guy in the world... but he is in the position he is in and i doubt any of his haters would turn down an offer like he was given with the guarantee of being like justin bieber... even if they had the talent of kerry katona (ie. non existant)

that whole needy school thing really moved me not just him but the headteacher... but i made a post about it and got tons of negs... just because it's beebs... seriously wtf, i don't care about rep but these losers can't even recognise a good thing that they probably wouldn't even bother to do themselves..

and why is GAY an insult to these people? they call the kid a little girl... but they are the little kids using gay as an insult how immature.

Yeah, I also highlighted those good things on that which 3 celebrities would you punch thread and got tonnes of negs. I think because I highlighted everything here people don't know what to say. Not once has someone on this thread challenged everything or anything I've said properly.
Original post by Pi!
I don't like him but I'm pretty sick of the internet whinging about how much they hate him, just like how the Twilight hate's become boring, even though I don't like Twilight either. :colonhash:

Agree with this. I have nothing against the guy, what so ever, I'm just not a big fan of his music really.

The people who go on and on and on about hating him, are just as annoying if not more, than the people who go on and on and on about loving him.

Let people like what they like. Half these people who hate on him still have an awful taste in music anyway.
Reply 62
i love the songs, baby baby ohhhhhhh :music: no homo
You can take his dick out of your mouth now.

I think his music is **** basically, but I've thought that about most music on the charts/on tv for the last 5 years, I keep it to myself unless asked about it.
My main problem is that he has become much more of a money-making scheme than an 'artist'.

Fair enough that he taught himself to play several instruments or whatever, but his songs hardly showcase his ability... And finally he appears to have the brain capacity of a dead badger.
I think it's just the hype or rather the over hype. Sure he might have a half decent singing voice and sure he might be able to play a few instruments but it's typical of our music culture today to completely go over the top bat**** crazy over one person who frankly isn't that amazing.
It's the same for people like Lady Gaga and Katy Perry. They might have a good voice but over the top fanatical behaviour to the point where said person is everywhere almost overnight is probably what gets under people's skin. It's not jealousy, more a lack of conviction over how good that person might really be compared to a person that is slightly more humble and less fame hungry.
Original post by Miracle Day
Yeah, I also highlighted those good things on that which 3 celebrities would you punch thread and got tonnes of negs. I think because I highlighted everything here people don't know what to say. Not once has someone on this thread challenged everything or anything I've said properly.

well people said they didn't like the school thing because he was only doing it for himself in their opinion and he was just doing it for publicity and loads of celebs do it in secret which is better (how do they even know if it's secret)... so what, even if that were the case.. at least he is donating loads of money, making the kids feel better and raising tons of publicity and awareness for the school.
Hello TSR, this is probably not going to be a very popular thread but I guess I'd just like to see what you guys think, because I find it appauling.

I've seen many anti-Bieber posts on this forum, and elsewhere (just check his baby video).

So I'll highlight the reasons he gets hated.

High Voice girl: His voice dropped last year, look for yourself.

He's gay: He obvioulsy has a Gf, that's just feminine really. I've seen loads of threads on TSR where people complain about being called gay baselessly and I don't see them getting hated on by you guys.

He's a ****: Everyone has their moments, yes there's some videos of him doing stuff I'm sure he isn't proud of.. but being in the media eye 24/7 as he is.. if he was a serious **** I'd expect MUCH more publicity. Considering there's only a few over the past few years. Also Cognitive Psychology suggests the Fundamental attribution error where we accidentally attribute someone's behaviour internally when external causes are equally as likely.

e.g. We'd attribute a rude receptionist as a Bitch, perhaps she was just having a bad day.

What about the good things he does for this world?

There are more.

How can you hate on this guy... And before you say publicity stunt.. Who is most likely to use fame to help others (out of generousity) and dedicate half their career to do so. The likes of Kim Kardashian who grew up rich, spoilt etc.. or a kid who got's mother struggled to raise him and so had to go to meals on wheels to help him them get food etc, and had to play guitar on the streets for some extra change to help support his mother at the age of 10-11.

This is quite sad to see anyone do.. :frown:

Lastly "he's talentless, gtfo."

He self taught himself the Drums, Guitar and learnt the trumpet and he can obviously sing.. hence why he got discovered..

So why do you guys hate on him?

I dont hate him, Im just think he is way OVERATED. Hence I could see a lot of people hating on his fame. Its really sweet, however though to see him doing good stuff with though and he's religious as well. Good for him
Reply 68
Original post by Bellissima
well people said they didn't like the school thing because he was only doing it for himself in their opinion and he was just doing it for publicity and loads of celebs do it in secret which is better (how do they even know if it's secret)... so what, even if that were the case.. at least he is donating loads of money, making the kids feel better and raising tons of publicity and awareness for the school.

Publicity Stunt crossed my mind. He was doing it as part of the Ellen degeneres show and part of that show is to help others so obviously it'd be in the public eye. He constantly helps others, and the fact he came from a background that relied on charity before he was famous suggests to me he does it because he's passionate about it.
Reply 69
Original post by thunder_chunky
I think it's just the hype or rather the over hype. Sure he might have a half decent singing voice and sure he might be able to play a few instruments but it's typical of our music culture today to completely go over the top bat**** crazy over one person who frankly isn't that amazing.
It's the same for people like Lady Gaga and Katy Perry. They might have a good voice but over the top fanatical behaviour to the point where said person is everywhere almost overnight is probably what gets under people's skin. It's not jealousy, more a lack of conviction over how good that person might really be compared to a person that is slightly more humble and less fame hungry.

I can't comment on Katy Perry, but I know Lady Gaga's done alot to raise awareness on Homosexuality and stuff.. "born this way" being the new gay anthem or whatever. And Justin Bieber's the most humble celebrity I've seen.
Reply 70
Original post by Uppers/Downers
My main problem is that he has become much more of a money-making scheme than an 'artist'.

Fair enough that he taught himself to play several instruments or whatever, but his songs hardly showcase his ability... And finally he appears to have the brain capacity of a dead badger.

You don't judge people by how clever they are, as circumstances will equal to it.

Most artists are there to make money, I do know however he's starting to write his own music (Just check out his twitter profile, while awaiting his flight to fly to France for the NRJ awards he was constantly writing lyrics and brainstorming) So I know he's pretty passionate.

From what I gather, he doesn't even spend his money. The only thing I think he's bought was a house for his mum and his car but other than that he's pretty wise with it. I'm 100% sure he's spent more on charities than on himself.
His music is annoying and his 'Beliebers' need to grow up.

:mmm:

I don't hate him, but his press coverage grinds my gears.
What an embarassing thread
Hello TSR, this is probably not going to be a very popular thread but I guess I'd just like to see what you guys think, because I find it appauling.

I've seen many anti-Bieber posts on this forum, and elsewhere (just check his baby video).

So I'll highlight the reasons he gets hated.

High Voice girl: His voice dropped last year, look for yourself.

He's gay: He obvioulsy has a Gf, that's just feminine really. I've seen loads of threads on TSR where people complain about being called gay baselessly and I don't see them getting hated on by you guys.

He's a ****: Everyone has their moments, yes there's some videos of him doing stuff I'm sure he isn't proud of.. but being in the media eye 24/7 as he is.. if he was a serious **** I'd expect MUCH more publicity. Considering there's only a few over the past few years. Also Cognitive Psychology suggests the Fundamental attribution error where we accidentally attribute someone's behaviour internally when external causes are equally as likely.

e.g. We'd attribute a rude receptionist as a Bitch, perhaps she was just having a bad day.

What about the good things he does for this world?

There are more.

How can you hate on this guy... And before you say publicity stunt.. Who is most likely to use fame to help others (out of generousity) and dedicate half their career to do so. The likes of Kim Kardashian who grew up rich, spoilt etc.. or a kid who got's mother struggled to raise him and so had to go to meals on wheels to help him them get food etc, and had to play guitar on the streets for some extra change to help support his mother at the age of 10-11.

This is quite sad to see anyone do.. :frown:

Lastly "he's talentless, gtfo."

He self taught himself the Drums, Guitar and learnt the trumpet and he can obviously sing.. hence why he got discovered..

So why do you guys hate on him?

He is an evil dick smoking stupid talentless mother ****er that should be put down at every opportunity. A shot of aids in his eye ball, I'll take the bullet and do it.

He is a talentless worthless ignorant ****. He didn't learn the drums when he was 4, most kids can't pick two crayons up at four and bang them together. I'm sorry but it's quite obviously a marketing ploy - That's what he is, his life isn't any meaning, he is just a marketing whore toy for the cum stained rich capitalists.
(edited 12 years ago)
I just REALLY dislike his music as my sister used to be obsessed and play his CD on repeat ALL NIGHT. Surely that's enough to turn anyone crazy...
Reply 75
Original post by Dr Good Manners
What an embarassing thread

People seem to have taken well to in on the whole.

Original post by I<3LAMP
His music is annoying and his 'Beliebers' need to grow up.

:mmm:

I don't hate him, but his press coverage grinds my gears.

Yes, Beliebers do >;( The Twitter Trends are so constant! haha

Press coverage? As far as I can see the only coverage he gets is through online news sites? Yes that's constant.

Original post by DanielMartin
He is an evil dick smoking stupid talentless mother ****er that should be put down at every opportunity. A shot of aids in his eye ball, I'll take the bullet and do it.

He is a talentless worthless ignorant ****. He didn't learn the drums when he was 4, most kids can't pick two crayons up at four and bang them together. I'm sorry but it's quite obviously a marketing ploy - That's what he is, his life isn't any meaning, he is just a marketing whore toy for the cum stained rich capitalists.

He's obviously talented, and worth millions. I didn't say he learnt the drums when he was 4, but some people can have rhythm even at that age. MY sister can pick up crayons and bang them together, she can say many English and Welsh words and she's half that age. I can see you're a pretty controversial character though :biggrin:
Reply 76
in life theres always going to be people who love , like you and also ones that are doing to dislike you .. justins no exception i personally think he is very talented and he wouldnt have lasted this long if he wasnt but then there just people who wont like me and hate his music ..its not going to effect him that some people hate he just stick with the fans he does have .:biggrin:
Yes, Beliebers do >;( The Twitter Trends are so constant! haha

Press coverage? As far as I can see the only coverage he gets is through online news sites? Yes that's constant.

I spend too much time online which means he's kinda everywhere.

He seems too tween (which I guess he is) in terms of music and demeanour though it'd be interesting to see how he matures. I wonder if he'll be a sex symbol when he ahem looks more masculine. :mmm:
Reply 78
I dont hate him, I dislike his arrogance and his crazy fans. Other than that he seems ok.
Reply 79
Original post by I<3LAMP
I spend too much time online which means he's kinda everywhere.

He seems too tween (which I guess he is) in terms of music and demeanour though it'd be interesting to see how he matures. I wonder if he'll be a sex symbol when he ahem looks more masculine. :mmm:

1. Believe
2. Let it Be
3. Them Sexy Ladies ft. LMFAO
4. Be Alright Dance for me ft. Kanye West
5. By your side ft. Taylor Swift
6. Canadian Swag ft. Drake
7. Your lips Against Mine
8. Beach Bodies ft. Cody Simpson
9. My Beliebers

It doesn't seem as bad and as tween as the others this one tbh haha :P

Quick Reply

Latest